Page 261 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1612112512572582592602612622632642652713113617611261 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 75153
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    God I hope not. Hopefully they'll do a purge of their Trumpers and update their damn platform
    It wont happen until they are continuously voted into obscurity and forced to abandon the racist base and expand outreach.

Politically speaking, the current party situation is eerily similar to when the Whigs died and the Democratic-Republicans split into Van Buren's vision of our current two-party system. They didn't happen at the same time, clearly, but it is very similar to those two events.

The GOP is disgraced, their leader is a joke, former & current party members are throwing their support to the "other team," and are weakening daily (just like the Whigs) while desperately attempting to grasp at power.

The Dems are starting to back different, divergent leaders and are beginning to have a schism (just like the DRs).

History often rhymes.

I could see either happening rather soon. Maybe even both.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-13-2020 at 10:10 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    While Trump continues to dog whistle and demean many races and the LGBT+ community, let's not forget another thing about him...

...Trump also hates animals and nature as well. Here's a piece of nastiness that went unseen.

Soooooo awful.
    This is why I'm kind of glad that Trump doesn't have an official pet. First President in over 100 years to not have a dog or a cat. But you know if he did have one, sooner or later there would have been a story about how mistreated the pet has been. So yeah, kind of glad that Trump doesn't have a dog or cat.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    This is why I'm kind of glad that Trump doesn't have an official pet. First President in over 100 years to not have a dog or a cat. But you know if he did have one, sooner or later there would have been a story about how mistreated the pet has been. So yeah, kind of glad that Trump doesn't have a dog or cat.
    His only 'pets' are named Lindsey and Mitch.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Why am I not surprised that they did that?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Why am I not surprised that they did that?
    Isn't that a FFC violation? Like Fox should lose their broadcast ability?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Isn't that a FFC violation? Like Fox should lose their broadcast ability?
    Cable doesn't have the same rules as over the air.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I'd feel for the animal, but I wonder if that might have been better for the country. People often seem more motivated over animal abuse than by what's done to their fellow human beings. A solid story about Trump beating his dog would probably crack the floor in his approval ratings in a way none of his other actions have been able to do.

I hate humanity thinking about that.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'd feel for the animal, but I wonder if that might have been better for the country. People often seem more motivated over animal abuse than by what's done to their fellow human beings. A solid story about Trump beating his dog would probably crack the floor in his approval ratings in a way none of his other actions have been able to do.

I hate humanity thinking about that.
    In fairness, we instinctively know that all humans are bastards. When there's a dog or cat Hitler, we might care less about animal abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I thought it was Don Jr and Eric.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I thought it was Don Jr and Eric.
    Those are his garbage men

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Don’t forget Droopy Dogg Barr.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Not to diminish the urgency and necessity of doing this for Black Communities that are the hardest hit, or to diminish the empathy and sense of decency among White and other other groups marching, but I'd dare say that most of these people realize that an out-of-control police is a risk to everyone in those communities. It starts with Blacks, however arrogance and power-trips can endanger and create chaos that effects everyone.

It's kind of like COVID-19, Minority and Poor populations are hit hardest, but nearly everyone is affected. Left unchecked and uncontrolled, who knows how bad it could get, though it has already gotten pretty bad.
    Of course, this isn’t to undermine George Floyd’s killing and any other black people that have been unjustifiably arrested, brutalized, and killed. Though indeed, just because of that and phrases like Black Lives Matter doesn’t mean that non-blacks shouldn’t concern themselves with what police departments and other departments supposedly helping out humanity have become, and are further turning into.

Because after all, corruption isn’t obligated to have limits, and may systematically further soak into supposedly good departments like liquid poison soaking into a sponge where it’s being left unchecked and uncontrolled, like you mentioned. And I while personally haven’t heard many cases of police badly treating people such as gay people, disabled people, Jewish people, etc. that shouldn’t assume there can’t be a problem, as just because I haven’t heard of cases doesn’t guarantee they don’t exist, and there may be the possibility that Jewish people and such who were badly treated by corrupt police haven’t spoken up either out of concern for their general safety.

I don’t deny such possibilities existing, and there’s definitely a good time and good place to discuss not only them, but also the cases of non-black news reporters being harassed by police and old people like Martin Gugino being knocked down by an army of cops, cracking their skulls open, bleeding from the head, and purposely not helping them up.

There’s a good time and place to discuss all of that, but that time probably isn’t right now, as police have effectively made it a big target of focus to take down black people as if they’re at war with them, considering all the incidents we’ve known for them to have done and failed to act on at this point, which therefore has understandably lead to many making black lives a big topic of focus.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 06-13-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Politically speaking, the current party situation is eerily similar to when the Whigs died and the Democratic-Republicans split into Van Buren's vision of our current two-party system. They didn't happen at the same time, clearly, but it is very similar to those two events.

The GOP is disgraced, their leader is a joke, former & current party members are throwing their support to the "other team," and are weakening daily (just like the Whigs) while desperately attempting to grasp at power.

The Dems are starting to back different, divergent leaders and are beginning to have a schism (just like the DRs).

History often rhymes.

I could see either happening rather soon. Maybe even both.
    It does seem premature to say that the party with the White House, control of the Senate, and a majority of Governors is likely to go away.

Parties get weaker at times, but they tend to recover.

Richard Nixon won a 49 state landslide two years before Democrats beat Republicans by 15% in the 1974 Senate midterms.

It's entirely possible that Biden will deliver a massive asskicking to Trump, and that Democrats will control the Senate. But the midterms tend to be bad for the party in the White House, and the 2024 is likely to be an open presidential election.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets