Page 893 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 39379384388388989089189289389489589689790394399313931893 ... LastLast
Results 13,381 to 13,395 of 75153
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Also, as others havqe noted, I have never met anyone *shy* about their Trump support. They're usually quote loud and loutish about it.
    There's one member on this forum that claims isn't voting for trump yet keeps on posting pro-trump/anti-Biden messages. I've seen it in other forums as well.

As Watson and Crick said: It has not escaped our notice.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    In other words, Trump needs to win big, Biden not quite as much. It happened last time, but as much of that was Trump getting lucky at the right time in the right place and the Democrats getting complacent, as much as actual electoral competence.
    I think it’s safe to say there’s no complacency this time. As for enthusiasm for Trump, I don’t see it here in Philly.

Meanwhile, I’m continually puzzled, what has Trump actually delivered for his followers, other than free rein to hate, own the libs and display white nationalism? There’s no border wall for right wingers to be proud of; the economy is in the sewer, so no one’s well off financially; the tax cuts Trump instituted helped only the rich; millions, including Republican voters, are out of work, and, lest we forget (lord knows Trump has been trying to of late), COVID is still out there picking off victims at will with nearly a quarter million having already succumbed. So, what do his followers have to hang their MAGA hats on exactly?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    There's one member on this forum that claims isn't voting for trump yet keeps on posting pro-trump/anti-Biden messages. I've seen it in other forums as well.
    Which one? Because one is anti-Trump but pro Republican, two who have not to my knowledge actually stated their political affiliation, but has made more than enough comments to make it clear that he's Trump voter, and one who is certain Trump's going to win, but hates the Two party system because Bush was allowed to win.

They've all been pretty much open about their beliefs (in action at the very least) Or they're trolls who have a tendency to go in multiple forums under separate accounts which makes it difficult to tell their exact number.

Point is most of the best polls contact enough people so that those who lie have a minimum impact. And of course, if there are are shy Trumpers, there must also be people who don't want to vote for him but don't want to admit it for various reasons.

There are just as many trolls for Trump supporters, after all remember the rally where the tickets got bought out by trolls and Trump was weakened? It's not as black and white as people think, it applies to both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think it’s safe to say there’s no complacency this time. As for enthusiasm for Trump, I don’t see it here in Philly.

Meanwhile, I’m continually puzzled, what has Trump actually delivered for his followers, other than free rein to hate, own the libs and display white nationalism? There’s no border wall for right wingers to be proud of; the economy is in the sewer, so no one’s well off financially; the tax cuts Trump instituted helped only the rich; millions, including Republican voters, are out of work, and, lest we forget (lord knows Trump has been trying to of late), COVID is still out there picking off victims at will with nearly a quarter million having already succumbed. So, what do his followers have to hang their MAGA hats on exactly?
    Because Trump followers believe what isn't real. Actual points I have seen from Trumpers. The wall is being built and Mexico is paying by posting their military on the border. The tax cuts created more jobs than any President ever. Unemployment is almost back to pre-COVID. Trump prevented over a million deaths with his response to the virus hoax.
    War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Also, as others havqe noted, I have never met anyone *shy* about their Trump support. They're usually quote loud and loutish about it.
    This doesn't make the case you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Which one? Because one is anti-Trump but pro Republican, two who have not to my knowledge actually stated their political affiliation, but has made more than enough comments to make it clear that he's Trump voter, and one who is certain Trump's going to win, but hates the Two party system because Bush was allowed to win.
    I think he means this;

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Meanwhile, here is what the Biden campaign is actually doing...

Fantastic Member

Art of the conman, it takes a while for people to admit they've been conned, and combined with many people preferring to get on with their lives trusting the people they vote in, it's no surprise that it takes time for stuff like that to sink in. Those who keep up to date the most are those who believe in what he says the most. Recessions, unpopular wars and poorly handled disasters are when it really sinks in, because they directly affect thibgs and even then the other candidate needs to have a real sense of charisma and knowing how to fix things (Raegan + Clinton.) At least that's what it takes to get a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    This doesn't make the case you think it does.
    ... it ... doesn't? Well, okay! I mean, yes, of *course* 'shy Trump supporters' wouldn't tell me about their Trump support, so how would I know, right? But I think the 'shy Trump support' is far more mythical than reality.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 10-21-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Some, sure. You can't expect every supporter of a wildly unpopular President to be vocal about it, though.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert that the Pope has endorsed same sex civil unions, saying, “Homosexual people have the right to be in a family”. That’s sure to drive right wingers, conservatives and evangelicals batshit freaking crazy.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

... it ... doesn't? Well, okay! I mean, yes, of *course* 'shy Trump supporters' wouldn't tell me about their Trump support, but hey, his supporters by and large are supposed to be super-enthusisatic and gung ho about him, right?
    The majority of the ones who answer as Trump Supporters, yeah. Point is, we can debate Shy Trump voters all day and not get anywhere. It's like the Witch Trials, paranoia is as much a factor as if they exist at all. It doesn't matter how many exist, so much as them being by Democrats used to prevent anti-Trump voters from declining to vote, and Republicans to try and keep support for Trump up as much as possible. Their existence doesn't matter as much as the effect they cause.

The economy is not a sticking point with Trumpers. Yes there are quite a few out of work because of Covid. But many blame the Dems for that because of the lock downs. I have seen this from many Republicans and Fox News is talking about it. My aunt and several of her friends are bitching about how they do not have jobs right now because of the Dems (Even though Dewine is a GOP governor) Up until awhile Trump blames the lock down of Dems and the economy tanking because of them. He didnt want the lock down in the first place. Only recently is he talking about how he did the lock downs and saved lives.

He also took a lot of credit for areas where the economy slightly and I saw slightly came back because of the reopenings. His message in the lockdowns has been all over the place the last few weeks. but his backers are buying into it.

As for the wall it would have been built by now if The Dems didnt block the funding (Even though he said Mexico would pay for it). The same with the ACA. it would be gone right now if not for Pelosi. Every promise Trump has broken can be explained away as a plot by the Dems to stop him. Hell even Covid would have been worse if he didnt do his China ban.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-21-2020 at 08:11 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Some, sure. You can't expect every supporter of a wildly unpopular President to be vocal about it, though.
    Trump supporters do not think he is wildly unpopular.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Trump supporters do not think he is wildly unpopular.
    No they do not. The polls are wrong. You can tell that just by seeing how many people show up for his rallies vs how many people show up for Bidens.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.