Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    But seriously, isn’t there a way to count these votes faster?

Some of these ballots came in weeks ago, I’d prefer they count them immediately and keep the result secret until Election day..after everyone votes.
    The reason why they don't do that is they don't want the vote results to be released either purposefully or accidentally prior to the end of polls closing and sway people from not voting.

Like if the news reported that Trump had 75% of the mail-in votes that might make someone think they may as well not vote because Trump is a lock.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    There's AOC? She's a good candidate considering she has talent at grassroots campaign that Bernie doesn't, and she is more eloquent. Her fame also helps her. Might be unlikely tho.
    The problem with AOC is that her own party doesn't take her seriously and there's no way she would win the midwest or southern states. She would need to dial her extreme policies back substantially to have any shot.

But seriously, isn’t there a way to count these votes faster?

Some of these ballots came in weeks ago, I’d prefer they count them immediately and keep the result secret until Election day..after everyone votes.
    Right? I'm Brazillian and we have TONS of problems (including another lunatic as president), but we can at least trust the electoral process. People vote in electronic ballot boxes, so we usually know the results in the day of the voting and there's way less margin for electoral fraud (even if our own crazy president tried to discredit the process just like Trump).
    It boggles my mind how archaic the US's system is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    The problem with AOC is that her own party doesn't take her seriously and there's no way she would win the midwest or southern states. She would need to dial her extreme policies back substantially to have any shot.
    Extreme policies like...?

Trump getting a large number of black votes isn’t “totally” unusual. What needs questioning is why black Democrat support dropped.
    not enough black voter registration/education consultants are hired by state Democratic Party operatives. Especially when it comes to reaching the under-50 year old folks, all of them have grown up with the benefits of what happened with the Civil Rights Act of 64, the voting rights act of 65, and the early-wave Affirmative Action programs in various industries and colleges-- but then when the backlash came to all of that, many also grew up with the "war on crime", the escalated police interventions of the 90s, etc. The "forgotten democratic-sympathetic" black voter is real, though I disagree with these individuals' reasons for not voting. The challenge for the DNC's state party infrastructure is to push back against well-meaning White data nerds, and "go hard" with black consultants who are willing to do the ground work of moving into neighborhoods and going door knocking. It has to be done. It can't just be having a few events at black churches where the participation often leans toward the 50+ age crowd.. A hell of a lot of black men in particular casually accept the "hotep logic" of "both sides are the devil" plus all these nonsense Illuminati videos and "pro black" Youtube pundits who go out of their way to flamethrow on the Democratic party and bash black folks "who live on the plantation" but who have little passion for direct and vigorous criticism of Republcians and the Conservative Culture writ large..
    Bloomberg and other limousine liberals need to put their money into sustained, long-term, voter registration and civic education activism. Not television ads.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Dialing back her policies would undermine the reason why she's popular in the first place, and if the party doesn't want to take her seriously even though she inspires more enthusiasm among voters than the entire slate of milquetoast primary candidates combined, then that goes a long way in explaining why they're seemingly in a permanent position of weakness despite having the support of the majority of people in this country. And no, they won't just be able to run someone like AOC in 2028 and expect her to win just on the basis of her youth and charisma, it requires a long term commitment to really cultivating a base of support that understands that, while many of these policies are a bitter pill to swallow especially in the short term, that they are ultimately necessary for the continued survival of the country, if not the entire world.

BANNED

Trump just tweeted to stop the COUNT.

Please God let this thing be over soon and Trump looses.

What I find now disgusting is the whole the ''election is rigged thing'' is now becoming a big talking point for some of his cult supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I remember one or two states wanted too, but couldn't for some reason.
    Republicans wouldn't allow it. Hoping to stop the count post election day, they wouldn't allow early mail in or absentee ballots to be counted early.

There are also ballots that didn't arrive in time regardless of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

What I find now disgusting is the whole the ''election is rigged thing'' is now becoming a big talking point for some of his cult supporters.
    Well, yes. Remember who we're talking about. I just was on Facebook listening to my nephew and tons of other Republicans talking about how they won't take a vaccine when it is developed because the whole thing is fake, nothing more than the Flu, and how the Democrats were willing to manufacture this crisis and destroy the economy to make sure Trump lost. The Governor of Michigan is a Draconian dictator for applying safety measures in one of the worst hit states. Meanwhile, Florida is open with no problems (except twice the infection rate of Michigan).

They also completely buy into the idea that the whole election is rigged despite the popular vote being a landslide for Biden.

Sorry but it's not that half the country were not always a bunch of racist, intolerant ignoramuses. It's just that this situation is slapping us in the face with the fact.

I would add that Trump, making up his facts as usual, is trying to make it sound like there is something suspicious and sinister about counting votes after midnight of Election Day as opposed to that being the norm in a close race with massive voter turnout. The difference is that we've reached a stage where "Mental case Conspiracy whack jobs with a Persecution Complex" are no longer fringe but might as well just be called "Conservatives" and "Republicans".
    Last edited by Powerboy; 11-05-2020 at 10:02 AM.
    Power with Girl is better.

The irony of Trumps win in 2016 escapes them when there was obvious Russian interference that helped him win. If dems were the ones asking to stop the count and protesting they would be saying we all are "snowflakes" or sore losers etc. But since it's Trump this type of behavior is okay to them SMH.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 11-05-2020 at 10:03 AM.

These people have also been told for the last 5 years to discredit everything the "media" tells them.

Its all they are talking about. my aunt and her group have been talking for weeks about ballots being thrown out. How people are posting pics of ballots in their basement because they stole them from boxes or are postal workers who stole them. Illegal immigrates voting. The new one is the poll workers being told to throw out Trump ballots. Oh and how in Wisconsin there are more ballots then registered voters.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    The irony of Trumps win in 2016 escapes them when there was obvious Russian interference that helped him win. If dems were the ones asking to stop the count and protesting they would be saying we all are "snowflakes" or score losers etc. But since it's Trump this type of behavior is okay to them SMH.
    And what is funny is the pick and choose on the stop the count. Like How it damn sure better be stopped in PA. but it has to go on in AZ.

The other great thing is how Trumpers have been saying for months they will not vote by mail and Trump told his people not to vote by mail. yet there is clearly fraud because there are so few mail in votes for Trump.
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-05-2020 at 10:04 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Well, yes. Remember who we're talking about. I just was on Facebook listening to my nephew and tons of other Republicans talking about how they won't take a vaccine when it is developed because the whole thing is fake, nothing more than the Flu, and how the Democrats were willing to manufacture this crisis and destroy the economy to make sure Trump lost. The Governor of Michigan is a Draconian dictator for applying safety measures in one of the worst hit states. Meanwhile, Florida is open with no problems (except twice the infection rate of Michigan).

They also completely buy into the idea that the whole election is rigged despite the popular vote being a landslide for Biden.

Sorry but it's not that half the country were not always a bunch of racist, intolerant ignoramuses. It's just that this situation is slapping us in the face with the fact.
    I was talking to friends last night. If we had known that in 2008 that electing Barrack Obama would give rise to Trump and bring about the rise of racists folks feeling empowered, would we have still voted for Barrack? It's a tough question for sure. But even back then, I knew it would be some negative consequences as awesome as it was to see him elected and for my grandma and great aunt to see it too.

BANNED

Since the past 2 days or so, Trump has also been flagged on Twitter 7 times for talking bullshit. Should he not have been banned by now? This kind of public behaviour from him is the reason Trump is not presidential material.

Biden has been forecasted to win Nevada, if we can get that win officially ASAP then at least we know its over by 99% , the tension on everyone will end.