Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    With Donald and Melania, I don't think they have a marriage anymore. When last did we see them officially together and how often do we see them together? Trump has been out there 24/7 and refuses to go away and we hardly see Melania standing by him or joining him for rallies. I would not be surprised if she has some contract or something in her prenup, that makes her not been able to just easily file for divorce.

People liked to give Bill and Hilary a hard time that their marriage has been a sham from day one because of Clinton's infidelities. However, while I don't think Bill and Hilary have a marriage like George and Laura or Barrack and Michelle. I do think there is love between Bill and Hilary, even if I cannot say for a fact they are in love with each other. I don't think there is any version of love between Trump and Melania, not after everything that has happened.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if she hoofed it back to New York with Barron (haven’t seen much of him either) after the inauguration rather than hang out with Trump in Florida. At 51, Melania’s long since exceeded her expiration date as a trophy wife, hell, if The Former Guy hadn’t launched his campaign back in 2015, he might’ve dumped her then for a younger mail order Eurobride. Who knows, that still might happen.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Huh, I still don't know know what you are arguing through this misplaced condescension? You want the Government to decide for all media what is allowable, including forcing them to allow speech they don't want on their platform?
    Without being to impolite, what the f*@k are you talking about?
    Huh...

Could you quote exactly what it is that leads you to believe that what is in blue is anything like what I actually think?

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    With Donald and Melania, I don't think they have a marriage anymore. When last did we see them officially together and how often do we see them together? Trump has been out there 24/7 and refuses to go away and we hardly see Melania standing by him or joining him for rallies. I would not be surprised if she has some contract or something in her prenup, that makes her not been able to just easily file for divorce.

People liked to give Bill and Hilary a hard time that their marriage has been a sham from day one because of Clinton's infidelities. However, while I don't think Bill and Hilary have a marriage like George and Laura or Barrack and Michelle. I do think there is love between Bill and Hilary, even if I cannot say for a fact they are in love with each other. I don't think there is any version of love between Trump and Melania, not after everything that has happened.
    In either one of those instances?

Not much of an issue/Not really out business.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Assuming that the suspect drove his car from California to DC, then the question as to why he wasn't stopped along the way is a good one. However using the term 'Police State' in the same breath as talking about a man who was armed and potential threat being arrested by the Capitol Police...well which is it?

Are you upset that he was arrested? Are you upset that he wasn't arrested sooner? Are you angry at the Police? or at the man who had enough weapons in his car for a small army? Do you ask how this man got the weapons? Or do you think that he has a right to bring weapons into D.C. like that?

Which side are you on?
    Is there a side in Liberty and basic laws already on the books without calling for paranoia? I don't care about this person or the other that got shot wielding a knife or the guy who parked his Truck at the LOC and freaked out the Kapital Kops. Are they a movement or just triggered people? Seems more the later than the former and that should not prompt people to celebrate ever restrictive and intrusive police actions and laws. DC should be open to the people not a Green Zone of occupation.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Is there a side in Liberty and basic laws already on the books without calling for paranoia? I don't care about this person or the other that got shot wielding a knife or the guy who parked his Truck at the LOC and freaked out the Kapital Kops. Are they a movement or just triggered people? Seems more the later than the former and that should not prompt people to celebrate ever restrictive and intrusive police actions and laws. DC should be open to the people not a Green Zone of occupation.
    Open to people in a Truck with no tags and white nationalist symbols sitting outside the Dem Headquarters with weapons?

the fact the guy was ranting when arrested about being on patrol and all that? Who knows what he could have done. And the fact is those weapons were illegal and he was in a truck with out tags. This is not a case of police being heavy handed or profiling. They stopping the guy for a legit reason and found other things in the car that broke the law and arrested him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Our Police State at work. How a car without License Plates gets to DC is even more of a question of these highly trained enforcers.
    Getting from California to DC is more of an indictment against the highway patrols of all the intervening states more than DC - although California actually has a law on the books granting 6 months to get plates on your car. Steve Jobs exploited a loophole (leasing a different VIN every 5 1/2 months) to drive without plates for years.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Open to people in a Truck with no tags and white nationalist symbols sitting outside the Dem Headquarters with weapons?

the fact the guy was ranting when arrested about being on patrol and all that? Who knows what he could have done. And the fact is those weapons were illegal and he was in a truck with out tags. This is not a case of police being heavy handed or profiling. They stopping the guy for a legit reason and found other things in the car that broke the law and arrested him.
    I don't dispute that that he was stopped for a legit reason but what prompted that search - the politics of paranoia? Who knows indeed what crime he might have committed in our ever increasing "Precrime" world but we do know that in the city of DC just about anything that can be thought of as dangerous is made illegal already so it wouldn't take much to arrest anyone opposing the the government with anything more than a blog. I can see too that ranting in public is already a near crime to you blob.

Meanwhile a real protest is in the works for Saturday - https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/n...4-9f3daaff2b1e

Matt Braynard, the head of data for the 2016 Trump campaign, announced the September gathering on Steve Bannon’s podcast, issuing a clarion call for his followers to seek justice for Jan. 6 defendants.

“As we continue to raise the profile of these individuals, it makes it harder and harder for the left’s phony narrative about an insurrection to stick,” Braynard said on Bannon’s podcast released July 30. “What’s going to define [the rally] is where it’s going to take place: we’re going back to the Capitol.”
    Last edited by Xheight; 09-13-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Assuming that the suspect drove his car from California to DC, then the question as to why he wasn't stopped along the way is a good one. However using the term 'Police State' in the same breath as talking about a man who was armed and potential threat being arrested by the Capitol Police...well which is it?

Are you upset that he was arrested? Are you upset that he wasn't arrested sooner? Are you angry at the Police? or at the man who had enough weapons in his car for a small army? Do you ask how this man got the weapons? Or do you think that he has a right to bring weapons into D.C. like that?

Which side are you on?
    I think he's already told us he's on the side of the domestic terrorist who likes to decorate his vehicle with swastikas, which is a side most people would be decent enough to not be on.

"When people show you who they are, believe them" I believe is the Maya Angelou quote.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I don't dispute that that he was stopped for a legit reason but what prompted that search - the politics of paranoia? Who knows indeed what crime he might have committed in our ever increasing "Precrime" world but we do know that in the city of DC just about anything that can be thought of as dangerous is made illegal already so it wouldn't take much to arrest anyone opposing the the government with anything more than a blog. I can see too that ranting in public is already a near crime to you blob.
    We live in the politics of Paranoia because of bunch of terrorist **** heads stormed the capital attacked police and tried to go after law makers doing their legal duty.

As for what prompted the search? Any cop in any city will most likely search a truck that was parked outside of a political building or any offical building at midnight when it had no tags. That is a legit reason to wonder what they guy was doing there. And when they pulled over the guy he said he was on patrol and spouting hate speech. That is a damn sure good reason to maybe look at the truck.
    There is a huge difference between posting a blog and sitting outside of a building with weapons and being "on patrol" Who appointed this guy to be on patrol? What would he have done if he saw something he didnt like. He is a guy with a grudge looking for trouble. You dont go across country and stalk an political opponents party building with weapons with out the desire to use them.

If a car was parked outside of a GOP headquarters at midnight in a truck with no tags and was covered in BLM or Antifa symbols if I was a cop I would be wondering what the person was up to and I would pull them over and if they ranted about being on patrol and all that crap yea look into it.

This is not a case of the heavy handed police picking on some poor member of the GOP for no reason.

And you ranting about it is not a near crime in my view as you put it. You gave a view I gave mine. That is how a debate on a forum works. If you cant handle a disagreement what are you doing on a politics thread?
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-13-2021 at 04:21 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Meanwhile a real protest is in the works for Saturday - https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/n...4-9f3daaff2b1e
    Come on with that nonsense...

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Huh...

Could you quote exactly what it is that leads you to believe that what is in blue is anything like what I actually think?
    I don't think anything, I am asking, because I don't know what the F you are saying.
    So what is it you are saying about speech on Facebook and their control of it?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Speaking of holding people accountable when they show sympathy towards white nationalists...

GOP California gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder was rubbing elbows at a conservative conference back in 2017
    . Elder was out of the room when they were all-in on anti-immigrant rhetoric that night, when Chapman was bemoaning a perceived "white genocide" taking place.

Elder should f***ing know better than to be near anyone like this. Ever.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Speaking of holding people accountable when they show sympathy towards white nationalists...

GOP California gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder was rubbing elbows at a conservative conference back in 2017
    . Elder was out of the room when they were all-in on anti-immigrant rhetoric that night, when Chapman was bemoaning a perceived "white genocide" taking place.

Elder should f***ing know better than to be near anyone like this. Ever.
    I suspect Elder DOES know better, but he chooses to associate with such scumbags. Perhaps it’s self loathing for Elder when it comes to his race, you tell me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I suspect Elder DOES know better, but he chooses to associate with such scumbags. Perhaps it’s self loathing for Elder when it comes to his race, you tell me.
    Are you sure?

California recall candidate Larry Elder says it could be argued that slave owners were owed reparations after the Civil War

On a July 18 episode of Prager University's "The Candace Owens Show," Larry Elder said an argument could be made that slave owners were owed reparations after the Civil War because slavery was legal and their "property" had been taken.

"When people talk about reparations, do they really want to have that conversation? Like it or not, slavery was legal," Elder said. "Their legal property was taken away from them after the Civil War, so you could make an argument that the people that are owed reparations are not only just Black people but also the people whose 'property' was taken away after the end of the Civil War."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Interestingly enough, the slaveholders of Washington DC were actually compensated for that in 1862.

There were payments for lost property of southern unionists for years after the war, but I don't know if that included slaves or not, since they aren't mentioned one way or the other.

Outside of the US, the British Empire paid out to slaveholders when emancipation became law, and Post-revolutionary France levied fines against Haiti for the slaves freeing themselves.
    Dark does not mean deep.