Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That is why I said if they dont come and deny it under oath then I will believe it. Or when they show proof. But if they dont come and deny it under oath and just keep talking on the news then yea I will buy into it. I dont think it is out of line to have doubts about Hearsay. If She was there I would buy it more. Right now it is a "I heard from this guy who heard from this guy."
    It's cool, man. I ain't even mad about it.

Well, not at you. But this is what I mean when I use the word "gaslighting". These lying sacks of s*** just want to place a seed of doubt in you that there's no way the thing that totally happened, ever happened. He won't testify to it where his word actually matters, he'll put out statements on social media and conservative media where he doesn't have to prove whatever lie he's telling... and he knows it's a lie.

But that's what they want. For their followers to have a life-preserver that doesn't float to still cling to, while the rest of us contemplate the possibility that maybe our own preserver might be the faulty one.

This is why Trump hired him out of the Secret Service (a highly unprecedented act). He will do anything for Trump. Not just take a bullet, this guy would lie and break the law and attack innocents for him if Trump just asked.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    It's cool, man. I ain't even mad about it.

Well, not at you. But this is what I mean when I use the word "gaslighting". These lying sacks of s*** just want to place a seed of doubt in you that there's no way the thing that totally happened, ever happened. He won't testify to it where his word actually matters, he'll put out statements on social media and conservative media where he doesn't have to prove whatever lie he's telling... and he knows it's a lie.

But that's what they want. For their followers to have a life-preserver that doesn't float to still cling to, while the rest of us contemplate the possibility that maybe our own preserver might be the faulty one.

This is why Trump hired him out of the Secret Service (a highly unprecedented act). He will do anything for Trump. Not just take a bullet, this guy would lie and break the law and attack innocents for him if Trump just asked.
    I get what you are saying. And I get the gas lighting. But if they dont say it was fact under oath then in my mind that makes her story true. When they come back in July if the SS members are not witnesses because they refused or lawyered up that tells me what I need to know about her story being true.

As I said in the past I think it was a mistake to have her testify to hear say to start with. It would have done 3 things.

1. Make people doubt it happened even reasonable people like me and I like to thing I am reasonable.

2. it would dominate the whole hearing which it has done. Most of the talk is focused on that story and the more important parts like "Let them in they are not here to hurt me." "They are right about hanging Mike Pence." are being pretty much ignored.

3. it makes a hero out of Trump. "He wanted to come stand with us but they wont let him." Another member posted that his cult will call the story a lie while at the same time talking about what a hero he was for doing it to try and get there with them. And that is spot on.
    Last edited by babyblob; 06-30-2022 at 01:06 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I’m getting the impression these guys are just doing as much damage they can right now. Could it be that one of conservative justices is sick or considering retirement?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    This is what the GOP has invested in for years now. The conservative bloc is feeling themselves and just going for it now.
    It's also possible that they are thinking Biden, or the next Democratic President, WILL expand the court, and so they are wanting to get all of this done now while they have the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I’m getting the impression these guys are just doing as much damage they can right now. Could it be that one of conservative justices is sick or considering retirement?
    Probably not.

If someone legitimately believes that Roe VS Wade was poorly decided, or that Congress granted too much power to administrators, why should they wait to issue a decision on that?

John Roberts is 67. Samuel Alito is 72. Clarence Thomas is 74. They're all expected to stick around for a few years until Republicans have the White House and Senate again.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Around half the states they'd need to get it done have already signed on, and legislation is pending in many more. It won't take much, I'd imagine it's just stayed on the back-burner because folks didn't think the general populace was ready. But given the "stop the steal" rhetoric and the sheer amount of people willing to believe anything if their "team" spouts it out I won't be surprised if they're able to swing it. Especially if Republican activists are able to continue their stranglehold on state legislatures and courts.

They've played the long game and won on Roe, and they can see the way the future's tipping. Now's the time if they want to be bold, and really what do they have to lose at this point? And what realistic consequences will they face from their base even if they fail?

If you think I'm defending Trump you're likely too wrapped up in your own daydream narrative about taking him down with hearsay to read clearly. Go ahead and take a look back. You give the man way too much credit.

He's dangerous like a predator is dangerous, comfortable with the feeble, weak, and submissive. Stand up to him and he folds like a cheap card table. I'll believe he tried to overpower a Secret Service Agent to go into a riot when I see it. Until then I'll believe he's a coward who hoped those misguided fools would hand a coup to him on a silver platter (like everything else in his life) and wouldn't have risked his own skin if he didn't have to.
    The problem isn't the realistic consequences of failure.

Pushing to get a constitutional convention and not having that votes may be embarassing, but the bigger concern is catching the car. If they were to get a convention, it would be unpredictable. What if left-wing activists dominate? What if right-wing activists push laws that piss off the voters?

I just dont see the Trump thing being real. And I am mad they presented it at the hearing. Even more so because they did not reach out to the SS before hand.

Even if it did happen it should not have been presented by Her because it was all hearsay. That is all the talking heads and news shows are talking about. And since the SS came out and said they would say under oath it didnt happen that is more fuel to the "She is lying about everything." talk.

I hate Trump, and I think the worse off him in everything. But I am not buying this story. if it did happen they damn sure better produce fact because they took a "Well I was told this by this person who heard this." as fact.

I am happy to be proven wrong however.

The rest of the stuff she talked about she was there for. But this she was not. She may have been lied to about what happened, or some one may have been making the story bigger then it is. Im not saying she knowingly told a mistruth. But I dont think it is a true story.
    I think the story is plausible.

Trump is too much of a coward to get into a fight with a secret service agent. But it's certainly conceivable that he would be pushy in an interaction with an employee who he figures would not hit back.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

To anyone who thinks Trump couldn't have gotten aggressive, a reminder....

Trump has a history of violence against women and anger control issues, and at his age, I wouldn't be surprised if he is getting even worse.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-30-2022 at 01:50 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

In 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, as well as 2021, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” published profiles of the U.S. Senator from Missouri, Roy Blunt, a man who survived being caught up in the Abramoff scandal back as a member of the House, but went on to be elected to the Senate in spite of also doing favors for the tobacco industry while being caught dating Abigail Perlman (now Abigail Blunt), a lobbyist for Phillip Morris. Since, the Blunt family have still been repeated subjects of investigation of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, who have noted lobbying firms have a habit of hiring Blunt’s wife and two children and corresponding votes to reward this arrangement from Sen. Blunt. But Roy Blunt is most famous for his namesake, the Blunt Amendment, which was an attempt to strip women of having contraception covered by their insurance plans that led to the Congressional testimony of Sandra Fluke, the insults lobbed at her by legendary bloviating ***hole (and friend of Blunt’s) Rush Limbaugh, and the entire framing of the “War on Women” around the 2012 election. In 2013, Blunt also wrote what many critics described as the “Monsanto Protection Act” to allow the corporate agriculture company to plant seeds even if they were deemed genetically or biologically unsafe (Blunt has also received contributions from Monsanto). We also sifted through Blunt’s voting record, which included voting for the 2013 Government Shutdown while voting against LGBTQ rights at every opportunity, the renewal of the Violence Against Women Act, Disaster Relief for victims of Hurricane Sandy, all measures on pay equality and raising the minimum wage, and against Dodd-Frank Wall Street reform (coincidentally, in 1999, Blunt voted to deregulate Wall Street to have a hand in creating the 2008 financial meltdown). Sen. Blunt is the man who used the excuse, "I can barely schedule a call with my son's math teacher yesterday so probably no,” as to why he was opposed to Merrick Garland having a confirmation hearing for the Supreme Court. But let us not forget that Roy Blunt would like to lay the blame for our student debt crisis where it belongs… on the students. Yes, back in April of 2015, Blunt blamed high student debt on “higher living standards” that college students were enjoying these days. I’m sure it was news to all the kids in college out there living off ramen noodles that they’re splurging too much while they’re in school. Somehow, don’t ask us how, Roy Blunt won re-election for the final time in 2016, but only garnered 49% of the vote to do so. That may have had a lot to do with Blunt stoking the fears of Islamophobia by blaming Muslim communities for not doing enough to inform the government about terror suspects that he claimed were lying among their ranks, or when he got on Twitter and posted that his opponent, Democrat Jason Kander, didn’t know enough about threats we face like “radical Islam”. (NOTE: Jason Kander is an Iraq War vet and actually fought against Islamic terrorists, so…) Thus, Roy Blunt went back to Washington and began signing off on every member of Trump’s Cabinet of Horrors. And while pausing on approving Betsy DeVos since she… you know, has never worked as an educator, that might have been the case for some moderate GOP Senators, Roy Blunt was ready to rubber stamp her from the start. After all, DeVos spent a fortune on trying to get Roy Blunt’s son Matt elected Governor of Missouri a couple years earlier, in the hopes that her bogus voucher schools would become widely used in education throughout the state. To say nothing of all of the money DeVos gave to Sen. Blunt himself. He approved every Trump nominee, no matter how unqualified, no matter how much scandal in their personal background, and every judge, no matter how obviously non-partisan they are. Blunt voted to approve the nomination of William Barr to be the country’s Attorney General, even though he was involved in the Iran-Contra scandal in the 1980s. He voted against witnesses being allowed in the impeachment trial of Donald Trump, then voted to quit him in the Senate in spite of the mountain of evidence showing that he solicited foreign assistance in the 2020 elections. In 2017, he dug in and refused to call for the resignation of Missouri Governor Eric Greitens, who was not only embroiled in a case where he was accused of sexual assault and extortion with a mistress… but Eric Greitens was also simultaneously being investigated for breaking campaign finance law and a variety of other ethics charges. On February 25th, 2020, Blunt voted for the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, an insane piece of anti-choice legislation that would ask abortion providers to try to admit aborted fetuses to a hospital if they were “alive” after the procedure, which is medically impossible given the age that abortions can be performed at. A week after the 2020 election, Roy Blunt started playing along with Donald Trump’s Big Lie, and refused to acknowledge Joe Biden would be the 46th president, telling reporters, ”The President wasn't defeated by huge numbers -- in fact, he may not have been defeated at all.” Through December, Sen. Blunt was still trying to avoid saying that Biden had won, adding,”Well, the president-elect will be the president-elect when the electors vote for him. There is no official job president-elect.” So of course, a seditious dips*** this dedicated to what ended up causing the violent coup attempt carried out by Trump supporters on January 6th that he was a vote as a part of Senate Republicans’ filibuster against the creation a non-partisan investigation into the causes of the attack, and hold those responsible accountable. Blunt announced he would be retiring and not running for re-election in 2022, likely to focus on trying to make his son into a political legacy (Please no). As such, we will set aside his profile at this time to cover another wacky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 1114-55, since this was established in July 2014.

Mark McCloskey

Welcome to what is the 1114th original profile here at “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day”, where we’ll be discussing Mark McCloskey, who’s a 2022 candidate for U.S. Senate in Missouri, looking to replace the man we’ve referred to as “crooked as a snake with scoliosis", Roy Blunt. But of course, Mark McCloskey is better known as “that racist dude who was so triggered by Black Lives Matter marching through his neighborhood that he pulled out an assault rifle to aim at them while his quintessential Karen of a wife badly aimed a pistol, too”. In the wake of the incident, several of their neighbors came forward to relate tales of the duo being… well, just unbearable to live around, having won a lawsuit to win their home back in 1988, and filing further litigation against several of their neighbors through the years, most notably the time they tried to sue to keep an unmarried gay couple out of the neighborhood.

For their gun-toting threat, they ended up having to plead guilty to misdemeanor gun charges and pay a $3000 fine for brandishing firearms at passersby, and then… Mark McCloskey thought that by threatening protestors of police violence, particularly when its proportionate towards minorities… that would make him an outstanding candidate for U.S. Senate. While former Governor Eric Greitens might have been roundly criticized for having his “RINO-hunting” ad that seemed to encourage Republicans to go and shoot any candidate or official they feel isn’t conservative enough, of all the people to try and join the dogpile, maybe Mark McCloskey would be the one guy to pause? No, he’s not self-aware enough of his own history with guns to have thought of that.

McCloskey’s political opinions are just what you’d expect, fear-mongering about immigrants, screaming his head off about Critical Race Theory, and he has been linked to the white nationalist propaganda/conspiracy theory group Project Veritas, trying to have offered them pro bono legal work while running for Senate.

It seems like threatening peaceful protestors has only opened all sorts of doors of opportunity to the McCloskeys to grift, even if they don’t reach political office. Which, we definitely hope they don’t.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Seems like he was sitting there a long time with a lot of moving around before driving off.

Looks like someone took a video of Trump's vehicle at the time when the incident may have occurred.

Trump reaching for steering wheel in four frames.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-30-2022 at 03:35 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I just dont see the Trump thing being real. And I am mad they presented it at the hearing. Even more so because they did not reach out to the SS before hand.

Even if it did happen it should not have been presented by Her because it was all hearsay. That is all the talking heads and news shows are talking about. And since the SS came out and said they would say under oath it didnt happen that is more fuel to the "She is lying about everything." talk.

I hate Trump, and I think the worse off him in everything. But I am not buying this story. if it did happen they damn sure better produce fact because they took a "Well I was told this by this person who heard this." as fact.

I am happy to be proven wrong however.

The rest of the stuff she talked about she was there for. But this she was not. She may have been lied to about what happened, or some one may have been making the story bigger then it is. Im not saying she knowingly told a mistruth. But I dont think it is a true story.
    I think perhaps they are trying to force the hand of those who were in that limo to say what they know either way. I forget the name of the SS agent who Trump grabbed by the throat but he should speak up whether or not it is true or false and give testimony. I don't profess to know the protocol is for the Secret Service when it comes to giving evidence against a former president. It's probably something that's never come up before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    To anyone who thinks Trump couldn't have gotten aggressive, a reminder....

Trump has a history of violence against women and anger control issues, and at his age, I wouldn't be surprised if he is getting even worse.
    He physcially attacked his first wife Ivana because she recommended a surgeon to do his hair plugs and the procedure turned out to be quite painful. When he came home he pulled some of her hair out and she locked him out of the bedroom. All the court records on their divorce has been sealed but one writer got a copy of them before that edict was put in place. His book is called the Lost Tycoon if you can find a copy. She also accused him of rape

It is amazing how stupid these people are.

Giuliani in a tweet claims Huttinson was not there when he asked for a Pardon. But then adds he never asked for one.

https://www.newsweek.com/giuliani-de...pardon-1720457
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

What is an anti-woke school?????????

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/pol...ce=twitter.com

https://twitter.com/i/events/1542615622940561409

The State Board of Education last month denied, for the third time, efforts to launch Heritage Classical Academy in Northwest Houston, a school designed as a conservative response to anti-racism, LGBT-inclusive sex education and other progressive themes in public schools.

But despite Heritage’s recent failure, its future — and that of other charter schools like it in Texas — looks bright.

So much so that three GOP members of the state board, who have sided with Democrats in voting against Heritage Classical Academy, won’t be there next time — two were beaten in a primary after the family of Heritage’s board chairman donated $250,000 to a PAC supporting their opponents. The third was redistricted out of his seat by the Texas Senate.

Its “1776 Curriculum” for charter schools teaches that “America is an exceptionally good country” and includes comprehensive lessons about American history through a conservative lens, including descriptions of the New Deal as bad public policy and of affirmative action as “counter to the lofty ideals of the Founders.”

The wife of conservative Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Ginni Thomas — who reportedly lobbied to overturn the 2020 presidential election — is a former vice president at the college and ran its Washington programs.

Hillsdale is a nonsectarian Christian university with a mostly white student body that touts its role in the abolition movement of the 1800s, when Black activist Frederick Douglass spoke at the campus.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What is an anti-woke school?????????
    The future provider of the Nazi Youth pictures of this century?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Maybe Alito got a bad report from the doctor. Maybe Thomas is scared the walls are closing in on him because of Ginni.

But those two are the older ones that would be the most likely to have health issues, given their age.
    and the GOP put in some considerably younger choices like Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett as part of their long range plan.

This is all I have to say about the whole mess....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    and the GOP put in some considerably younger choices like Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett as part of their long range plan.

This is all I have to say about the whole mess....
    You know, the background villains in the Joker movie that cut off his access to meds and counseling and made him spiral downwards faster were probably Republicans.