Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Or they have major policy differences with the other political party.
    The only policy “differences” I can see are that Democrats don’t lie, cheat, steal, disenfranchise voters, flirt with fascism or openly condone racism and xenophobia to a monumental degree like Republicans. But hey, what do I know?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    72 million Aholes had no problem voting for an openly hostile administration

they are trash

they are collaborators and we should treat them as such
    Not to mention the near statistic impossibility that he did not rape at least one of his 26 accusers, and a high statistic improbability that he didn't rape most of them.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The only policy “differences” I can see are that Democrats don’t lie, cheat, steal, disenfranchise voters, flirt with fascism or openly condone racism and xenophobia to a monumental degree like Republicans. But hey, what do I know?
    But dude, the national debt! The Republicans totally care about that!

Straight up, can anyone tell me what the Republican platform is?

Democrats don’t disenfranchise voters,
    Except that they do.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Rahm Emanuel covered up the murder of a Black teenager, Laquan McDonald, while he was Mayor of Chicago. That he's being considered for a cabinet position is completely outrageous and, honestly, very infuriating.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    There is a myth out there pushed by Fox news that 72 million people are hard core Trump supporters. This to me is lie. 72 million people voted republican not necessarily for Trump , the majority of those 72 million people will admit Trump has a shitty character, likely a racist, and is probably an immoral person but they had no choice than to vote for him because he was the republican candidate. Still many are happy to see him gone. Trump has a base yes, but I guarantee you that Bill Clinton pre-Hilary run for president, Regan and Obama have more super fans than Trump does.
    Put it this way, Fox was the biggest cable news channel viewership wise. Since the loss, Fox has been calling out Trump's attempted coup and Fox is losing viewership in droves and fringe outlets like Newsmax and OAN are increasing. That's a type of pull you rarely (if ever) see with other politicians. It's almost consistent that 1/3rd of the country is completely rabid for him and will never move from him in polls. Then you have 72 million that dislike/fear Democrats

If Trump was to run in 2024, he would be the clear primary favorite and the entire party would have to tip toe around him because pissing off his fanbase pretty much concedes the election if someone else gets the nom. This election outcome was bad in the sense that now that Trump didn't get a complete repudiation, his loss is going to largely be tied to the pandemic and there's going to be a common thought in the Republican Party that "the Trump method" is the way to get power and it took an unprecedented event to oust him. It also validates the dissmissal of the 2012 attempted reconstruction of the GOP to try for more outreach and moderation efforts. He's still dangerous because he can tank any Republican he wants outside of a small handful of immune people. So he's a bit of a kingmaker for them and a constant threat to resurface if Democrats ever have a week effort. If Biden is still dealing with turmoil 4 years from now, Trump is going to come back. He still might. And voters have short memories.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Except that they do.
    In a two party system when the other party is insane, how could they not?

Astonishing Member

Twitter Will Hand Over @POTUS Account To Joe Biden On Inauguration Day

This is bound to drive Donald mad. Not that it matters of course.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-21-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Rahm Emanuel covered up the murder of a Black teenager, Laquan McDonald, while he was Mayor of Chicago. That he's being considered for a cabinet position is completely outrageous and, honestly, very infuriating.
    Everyone saw this coming with Biden and that's why pretty much every poll showed that the majority of his voters were voting against Trump and not for him. He's in for a rough ride. He's not Obama coming in with a mandate. He's the cleanup crew and dueling factions are prepared to fight over policy with him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Twitter Will Hand Over @POTUS Account To Joe Biden On Inauguration Day

This is bound to drive Donald mad. Not that it matters of course.
    The truth is that it matters in the sense that Trump can now be banned from twitter and a huge chunk of his communication platform goes with that.

Twitter isn't going to ban Trump. He drives too much traffic to the site. Creates activity on the site. He's good for business, if bad for everything else. These companies have almost no morals. Don't expect them to act with any.

Astonishing Member

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The truth is that it matters in the sense that Trump can now be banned from twitter and a huge chunk of his communication platform goes with that.
    I wouldn’t count on Twitter to ban Trump. At best they’ll delete his more incendiary tweets and lock his account for awhile but I don’t actually see them closing his account. He’s still a former president and likely to run again(assuming he’s alive or not in prison by 2024). I just don’t see it happening.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-21-2020 at 10:56 AM.

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    But dude, the national debt! The Republicans totally care about that!

Straight up, can anyone tell me what the Republican platform is?
    They don't have one. Last summer, for their convention, they basically let everyone know that their platform is whatever Trump says it is.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Those are the policies Republicans like. That's the difference.