Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Mike Pence has contacted Kamala Harris to congratulate her on becoming the new VP and has offered her help. Of course, it would be more optimal to actually have her in the White House so he could show her around the place but I’d imagine that Donald wouldn’t be too enthused about that so she won’t enter the White House until Inauguration Day after Trump is gone.
    Never mind all that, if I were Harris, I wouldn’t think of stepping in the White House until it’s been fumigated top to bottom, given the hideous lack of safeguards taken against the virus, i.e., wearing damn masks.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Didn't they get the vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    How long can a person be around a cult leader before they get pulled in themselves?
    I've met Secret Service several times in official capacities. They can be lovely people, but they are still people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Funny and ironic thing is, some GOP-ers may want to attend while strapped because they’re afraid of the angrier portion of their own voter base now, and don’t see security detail alone as reassurance enough.
    The GOP is literally so toxic now that their members increase risk of COVID exposure and mass shootings.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    With all the COVID cases in the White House and so many of them refusing to wear masks, I don't think Biden, Harris, or their staff should go near that place until it's thoroughly cleaned and fumigated. Plus they have to wait for the Trump stink to dissipate.
    Maybe Russian microphones too.

Astonishing Member

They keep finding vets and cops that took part in the DC siege. Any civil servant that took part in that should be stripped of benefits, status and awards.

How the rioters who stormed the Capitol came dangerously close to Pence

Secret Service officers eventually spirited Pence to a room off the Senate floor with his wife and daughter after rioters began to pour into the Capitol, many loudly denouncing the vice president as a traitor as they marched through the first floor below the Senate chamber.

About one minute after Pence was hustled out of the chamber, a group charged up the stairs to a second-floor landing in the Senate, chasing a Capitol Police officer who drew them away from the Senate.
    Pence and his family had just ducked into a hideaway less than 100 feet from that landing, according to three people familiar with his whereabouts, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation. If the pro-Trump mob had arrived seconds earlier, the attackers would have been in eyesight of the vice president as he was rushed across a reception hall into the office.

The proximity of the Jan. 6 mob to the vice president and the delay in evacuating him from the chamber — which have not been previously reported — raise questions about why the Secret Service did not move him earlier and underscore the jeopardy that top government leaders faced during the siege.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    They keep finding vets and cops that took part in the DC siege. Any civil servant that took part in that should be stripped of benefits, status and awards.
    Regarding those scum, find them all, arrest them all, charge them all, jail them all.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Did anyone read about this from the 11th?

Susan Collins recounts the moment rioters stormed the Capitol

That miserable, pearl clutching cow actually thought Iranians had invaded the Capitol! How fucking stupid was THAT?
    I'm sure she thinks that the Iranian's have learned their lesson now.

How did this bint get re-elected?

After receiving legal letter, conservative outlet American Thinker has issued an incredible statement admitting it published "completely false" info on Dominion that had "no basis in fact." It apologizes to readers for "abandoning" journalistic principles.
    Twitter Link

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Joseph Kennedy Sr. was a first-rate piece of sh-t, who basically destroyed his daughter and lobotomized her. He was also a far bigger womanizer than JFK, and basically liable to be #MeToo'd if he was around today (as would JFK himself btw). Kennedy Sr. got fired from being ambassador to UK when he basically said that he expected UK to surrender and was pro-appeasement and sorta willing to deal with the Nazis. Joe Kennedy was also a major friend of Joseph McCarthy and arranged to have RFK get a job working for him. So yeah, Joe Kennedy was a bad bad dude. JFK, RFK and Ted for that matter proved to better than their old man and definitely reformed and moved in a progressive direction.

Nixon was born poor and worked his way to the top. But he was also a very nasty and cheap campaigner, doing some illegal interference in the highly politicized and controversial Alger Hiss trial, and then going after Helen Douglas in a very misogynist campaign where he called her "pink down to her underwear" and she in return called him "Tricky Dick" (a nickname he hated).

Partisan political rivalries are comparable to comic book rivalries. I mean Obama and Trump are basically arch-enemies. Trump has spent all his time shadowboxing Obama's legacy.
    I agree with all this....there's plenty of dirty laundry in the hamper in politics and it's never really gone away. The only thing I wouldn't put all the blame on Joe is https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrit...emary-kennedy/ what happened to his daughter Rosemary. I did a little background research on her since I was kind of hazy on the details. That poor woman suffered from horrific medical malpractice literally from birth. I won't go into the details here but it's in the first few paragraphs of the article I'm citing from Marie Claire magazine's website. Ironically my reading turned up the information that she was born during the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918. This may have lead to her not being born in a hospital and Rose Kennedy was attended by a midwife until a doctor could arrive. It's not known if this could have lead to the problems that occurred later on. She could have been having just tantrums from being taken back home after having a loving environment in Great Britain while Joe served as ambassador.

There was a surprising amount of acceptance of lobotomy in those days as a cure for behaviors that are today more commonly treated with medication or therapy. I first read about it in the biography of actress Frances Farmer but Farmer herself denied having the procedure years later. A Dr. Walter Freeman was a big proponent of the transorbital lobotomy and he did come to the mental health institution she was placed in by her parents. He performed probably thousands of them as he taught this procedure to surgeons all over the country. He was one of the surgeons who performed the lobotomy of Rosemary at George Washington University Hospital.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-15-2021 at 01:40 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

IIRC, the guy that lured the mob away from the location where Pence and others is shown on that video that shows a lone Capitol policeman luring them up a staircase. You see him look to his left and he sees no offices guarding the hall and takes the mob in the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    IIRC, the guy that lured the mob away from the location where Pence and others is shown on that video that shows a lone Capitol policeman luring them up a staircase. You see him look to his left and he sees no offices guarding the hall and takes the mob in the other direction.
    I hear that house members want to give him an award for what he did.

Lawmakers introduce bill to award Congressional Gold Medal to hero officer

A group of bipartisan House members introduced legislation on Thursday to award the Congressional Gold Medal to a Capitol police officer who deterred a mob away from the Senate chamber during last week's deadly riots.

Reps. Charlie Crist, D-Fla., Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., and Nancy Mace, R-S.C., credited officer Eugene Goodman for "his bravery and quick thinking during last week’s insurrection."

Goodman drew praise from many as a video of him purposefully baiting a mob to chase him, in the opposite direction of the Senate chamber doors, beyond which lawmakers were still hiding, went viral on social media. Five people were killed in the riots, including another police officer.
    Last edited by Tami; 01-15-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Reuters: NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION SAYS IT HAS FILED PETITION IN COURT FOR BANKRUPTCY

National Rifle Association says it has filed bankruptcy petitions in U.S. court

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The National Rifle Association on Friday said in a statement that it has filed bankruptcy petitions in U.S. court as part of a restructuring plan.

The gun rights advocacy group said it would restructure as a Texas nonprofit to exit what it said was a “a corrupt political and regulatory environment in New York,” where it is currently registered.
    Last edited by Tami; 01-15-2021 at 02:24 PM.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

LePierre needs to be in jail.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!