Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    When a Party is in the White House, the President is the face of the Party. That is just how it is. If Biden chooses not to run in 2024, that will change.
    He is the face of the party in Theory. But it just doesnt feel like that. He more feels like a place holder to take us away from Trump. But there are Dems who just wont get behind, you have the ones that wont vote to get rid of the Fillbuster, the Infrastructure bill is having problems, there are Dems who have blasted him in public on his handling of Afghanistan and giving the GOP talking points right from their own lips. They are behind him on Covid and his response to that but they have always been strong on covid,

So he seems to be the face of the party but one that his own party does not support fully.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    He is the face of the party in Theory. But it just doesnt feel like that. He more feels like a place holder to take us away from Trump. But there are Dems who just wont get behind, you have the ones that wont vote to get rid of the Fillbuster, the Infrastructure bill is having problems, there are Dems who have blasted him in public on his handling of Afghanistan and giving the GOP talking points right from their own lips. They are behind him on Covid and his response to that but they have always been strong on covid,

So he seems to be the face of the party but one that his own party does not support fully.
    "I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."
    Will Rodgers
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Justice Breyer issues warning on remaking Supreme Court: 'What goes around comes around'

I'd like to respectfully tell the Judge that it's already gone around.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's their mantra. Basically Republicans have so little confidence in their ability to attract voters based on policy and hard work, that they believe that the only way they can win is by commandeering elections, make it as close to impossible as possible to stop voters who won't vote for them from voting at all, and sabotaging and undermining and demonizing their opponents [Mostly Democrats, but some Republicans who refuse to follow the 'Party Line').

If they expended even a fraction of this energy on actually accomplishing something productive and beneficial to Americans, they might start wining elections on their own merits.

Democrats are playing chess, Republicans keep stealing the chess pieces and overturning the board.
    On top of all that, Qpublicans are clearly unwilling to expand their base to include minorities. The GQP has offered people like me absolutely nothing to help make my life better, instead, they’ve doubled down on catering to racists while putting white supremacy first and foremost, things that would make my existence and anyone who isn’t white as hellish as possible. This has been said in this thread more than once, Qpublicans don’t want to govern, they want to rule, and if taking the easy way to achieve that goal is by stealing elections, then that’s what they’ll move heaven and earth to accomplish.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Justice Breyer issues warning on remaking Supreme Court: 'What goes around comes around'

I agree with you. The current Supreme Court is in a downward spiral, which, I'll admit, I was too optimistic to think it would happen. It's circling the drain and Breyer doesn't see it happening. Sometimes it's hard to see things from the inside.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Sssh! You rune the narrative of how bad the US is.
    Well for what it's worth, the European countries have been hoarding vaccines since the beginning too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I agree with you. The current Supreme Court is in a downward spiral, which, I'll admit, I was too optimistic to think it would happen. It's circling the drain and Breyer doesn't see it happening. Sometimes it's hard to see things from the inside.
    I’d say it’s more like Breyer doesn’t WANT to see the Court going FUBAR because he knows it’s disintegrating. Refusing to rule on Texas enacting their horrific anti-abortion bill was probably the last straw on that score.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    then you would have called the election on election night and allowed for courts to hold up the process for investigations? The idea of limits both before and after is to proscribe interference and challenge. Right or wrong that is the operative notion of elections being snapshots of the electorate.
    To proscribe the nearly non-existent interference cooked up by Republicans and challenges created due to Republicans actively eroding the people’s beliefs in our electoral system.

So the Republican remedy to the existing and non-existing problems with our electoral process that were created by them is to enact legislation designed to give them an advantage in that process, effectively worsening the situation.
    Thank you for helping point out where the real problem lays.

Edit: Next they’ll be telling us that poison cures disease.
    Oh, wait….
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 09-10-2021 at 12:42 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What should the limit be in order to be an example to the world? Should the United States accept everyone who wants citizenship?
    I have yet to hear a viable argument against it, besides of course those people who are guilty of violent crimes and terrorism

Just imagine if we had a large unskilled workforce and had to change our economic model to compete with China rather than get swallowed by it.

In America we tend to act like everyone needs to be an IT engineer to justify living here. It's one thing to be the land of opportunity. Expecting everyone to provide opportunity or stay out is oppression worthy of governments we generally say we don't appreciate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

The way I choose to interpret that statement, "going around" means Breyer retiring right fucking now, and "coming around" means that he is rewarded with an appointment of someone who shares most of his viewpoints on jurisprudence, preferably somebody who will be alive for much longer than he will be.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Well for what it's worth, the European countries have been hoarding vaccines since the beginning too.
    The political fallout if there weren't enough vaccines for the populace would be unbearable. That said, they probably need to do more.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Here's Rachel Campos-Duffy, wife of former Republican Congressman Sean Duffy, on Fox News praising how slim and fit Kim Jong Un looks.

Man, the right-wingers can't get enough of kissing the asses of totalitarian dictators since Trump came along.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Here's Rachel Campos-Duffy, wife of former Republican Congressman Sean Duffy, on Fox News praising how slim and fit Kim Jong Un looks.

Man, the right-wingers can't get enough of kissing the asses of totalitarian dictators since Trump came along.
    The article referenced a link to an article about the hypothesis that the current images of Kim-jong-un are not him but are a body double, or that Un had extensive Plastic surgery, or that the photos are doctored, photoshopped.

Maybe someday we'll know the truth, and if the images turn out not to be of him or not real, then Campos-Duffy will seem even dumber than she does right now.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

“He’s fit, he’s fun, and he’s fascist!” Jesus! Talk about embarrassing!

Beastie's Cartoons of the Week

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium