Watching NBC Nightly news. They are talking about Synema pretty much blocking Biden's Voter act. They said it is going to be put on hold while the white house talks to Manchin and Synema and see what they can do to get this passed.

Meanwhile Prince Andrew has been stripped of hi military titles and his metals and rank have been returned. Buckingham palace said he will be defending himself as a private citizen.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby indicted on federal charges she lied on loan, mortgage documents
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cr...f54-story.html

A federal grand jury has indicted Baltimore’s top prosecutor Marilyn J. Mosby on charges she lied on a mortgage loan application to buy a Florida property and made false statements to obtain a COVID-related withdrawal from her retirement savings that was used for the purchase.

The cloud of indictment has loomed over Mosby for nearly a year, since federal prosecutors issued subpoenas in March for a wide range of financial records from her and her husband, City Council President Nick Mosby. Marilyn Mosby is now charged with four felonies that could bring prison time, and with her election for a third term coming in five months.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Watching NBC Nightly news. They are talking about Synema pretty much blocking Biden's Voter act. They said it is going to be put on hold while the white house talks to Manchin and Synema and see what they can do to get this passed.

Meanwhile Prince Andrew has been stripped of hi military titles and his metals and rank have been returned. Buckingham palace said he will be defending himself as a private citizen.
    Buckingham is big time distancing themselves from him after the ruling yesterday.

Judge rules sexual assault lawsuit against Prince Andrew can move ahead
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/12/us/pr...fre/index.html

A federal judge in New York on Wednesday denied a motion to dismiss a lawsuit against Prince Andrew filed by Virginia Giuffre, a woman who alleges she was sexually trafficked to the royal when she was underage.

"Ms. Giuffre's complaint is neither 'unintelligible' nor 'vague' nor 'ambiguous,'" Judge Lewis Kaplan wrote in the ruling. "It alleges discrete incidents of sexual abuse in particular circumstances at three identifiable locations. It identifies to whom it attributes that sexual abuse."

Giuffre alleged in the lawsuit that the late financier Jeffrey Epstein trafficked her and forced her to have sex with his friends, including the Prince, and that Andrew was aware she was underage in the US at the time. She alleges the Prince sexually abused her at Epstein's private island in the US Virgin Islands, at his mansion in Manhattan and at his former girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell's home in London.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    More on Sinema falling to the dark side:
    Forcing her to stand up there and publicly make that dumb speech needed to happen. She knows there is no "common ground" on voting rights with the GOP. They WANT less minority representation. Everyone knows that. Why the hell would they participate to fight the very thing they are engineering to happen at the state level in all GOP controlled legislatures? The entire Democratic side of the Texas legislature flew to DC to highlight this very point. And eventually had to go back and let the GOP pass their voter suppression efforts.

They wouldnt and she knows that. So there is no legitimate reason any Democrat would stand there saying "lets work together". Thats exactly why she hasnt had a town hall with her constituents for years. She would get called out, and there is zero reason not to carve out an exemption for cases like this.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 01-13-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby indicted on federal charges she lied on loan, mortgage documents
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cr...f54-story.html

A federal grand jury has indicted Baltimore’s top prosecutor Marilyn J. Mosby on charges she lied on a mortgage loan application to buy a Florida property and made false statements to obtain a COVID-related withdrawal from her retirement savings that was used for the purchase.

The cloud of indictment has loomed over Mosby for nearly a year, since federal prosecutors issued subpoenas in March for a wide range of financial records from her and her husband, City Council President Nick Mosby. Marilyn Mosby is now charged with four felonies that could bring prison time, and with her election for a third term coming in five months.
    With the way that folks had Trump under the magnifying glass on this exact sort of thing?

Guess folks love to roll the dice.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Forcing her to stand up there and publicly make that dumb speech needed to happen. She knows there is no "common ground" on voting rights with the GOP. They WANT less minority representation. Everyone knows that. Why the hell would they participate to fight the very thing they are engineering to happen at the state level in all GOP controlled legislatures? The entire Democratic side of the Texas legislature flew to DC to highlight this very point. And eventually had to go back and let the GOP pass their voter suppression efforts.

They wouldnt and she knows that. So there is no legitimate reason any Democrat would stand there saying "lets work together". Thats exactly why she hasnt had a town hall with her constituents for years. She would get called out, and there is zero reason not to carve out an exemption for cases like this.
    That blade has two edges.

While I see your point?

She might not have been wrong about a potential future scenario where Dems might need the filibuster.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That blade has two edges.

While I see your point?

She might not have been wrong about a potential future scenario where Dems might need the filibuster.
    There is NO EXCUSE. We are talking about a carve out here for Voting rights. I see the argument on eliminating it in general. I get that. Even though for that I would argue GOP would not hesitate to go straight up hypocritical and do exactly the opposite if they had to get something they wanted.

Mitch has done it countless times. It isnt hyperbole to say this is a crisis. When we have active GOP plots across the country for trying to make it as hard as possible for minorities to get the representation they should get. If they do not pass this law people WILL be disenfranchised. And they will not get the chance again potentially for a long time with the amount of gerrymandering going on simultaneously.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 01-13-2022 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Buckingham is big time distancing themselves from him after the ruling yesterday.

Judge rules sexual assault lawsuit against Prince Andrew can move ahead
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/12/us/pr...fre/index.html
    The Queen is protective of her family, but more so of the Crown and her brand. I am wondering if they know more to the story about what he has done and she is just cutting him off now before the suit goes forward or before any charges.

And lets be real. She could care less if he is guilty or not. She just cares about how it makes the Crown look. The whole group are entitled self important relics. I mean for crying out loud she has a full time person on staff (At tax payer expense) to walk around in her shoes and break them in so they are comfortable for her.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-13-2022 at 05:34 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

The Queen is protective of her family, but more so of the Crown and her brand. I am wondering if they know more to the story about what he has done and she is just cutting him off now before the suit goes forward or before any charges.
    I always found it weird they took Harry's titles and status away faster than they did Andrews and with this level of scandal and possibly criminality thats nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I always found it weird they took Harry's titles and status away faster than they did Andrews and with this level of scandal and possibly criminality thats nuts.
    Harry did something even more forgivable. He married a woman beneath his station and worse yet a woman of color. And she had her own family drama going on also. and then they bad mouthed the royal family in the press. To the Queen that is way worse then what Andrew did.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-13-2022 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    With the way that folks had Trump under the magnifying glass on this exact sort of thing?

Guess folks love to roll the dice.
    It truly boggles my mind.

And lets be real. She could care less if he is guilty or not. She just cares about how it makes the Crown look. The whole group are entitled self important relics. I mean for crying out loud she has a full time person on staff (At tax payer expense) to walk around in her shoes and break them in so they are comfortable for her.
    I legitimately laughed out loud! I didn't know that. Goodness gracious.

Just read a twitter thread explaining Sinema's antics. To Sum it up, Krysten Sinema wants to run for President in 2024. She truly believes that she's smarter than everyone else, pretty much alienated everyone around her while her donors happily continue to feed her oversized ego.

Just a quick "Buyer Beware..." FYI -

https://blockclubchicago.org/2022/01...ng-complaints/

COVID-19 Testing Chain Opened Pop-Ups Across The US. Now, It’s Temporarily Closing Amid Federal Investigation And Mounting Complaints

Joy Reid was just talking about Republican "Beta Males..."

Seriously, stop helping.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Just read a twitter thread explaining Sinema's antics. To Sum it up, Krysten Sinema wants to run for President in 2024. She truly believes that she's smarter than everyone else, pretty much alienated everyone around her while her donors happily continue to feed her oversized ego.
    She's an idiot. She wouldn't even win Arizona's presidential primary as a Democrat right now. I know not a single Arizona Democrat who's fooled by her s***.

Unless the donors find her to be a useful idiot to run as an Independent or if she goes back to the Green Party (who loathe her even more than the Democrats do for abandoning progressive principles) and "spoiler" candidate, she's an utter moron.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.