Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Donald John Trump.

2 Impeachments, 1 Term.

Film at 11.
    Wow, a notable accomplishment he actually earned and deserved all on his own!

To those who responded to what I said about Mitch not voting for impeachment and you guys saying he would to purge Trump from the party.

I would like to hope you are right. but time and time again Mitch has shown he does not care about the people of this country or to be honest the party. if he did he would have voted to pass the stimulus right before the GA runoffs to give the two candidates a chance. He cares about personal power. If the other GOP members of the Senate say they do not want to impeach he will not anger them by saying he will go against them. I mean if he was really open to it the would call the Senate back to session before the 19th to at least start the trial. Saying he will listen to the evidence makes him sound reasonable and after he will say well I just didnt see the reason to convict. Just my two cents.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    To those who responded to what I said about Mitch not voting for impeachment and you guys saying he would to purge Trump from the party.

I would like to hope you are right. but time and time again Mitch has shown he does not care about the people of this country or to be honest the party. if he did he would have voted to pass the stimulus right before the GA runoffs to give the two candidates a chance. He cares about personal power. If the other GOP members of the Senate say they do not want to impeach he will not anger them by saying he will go against them. I mean if he was really open to it the would call the Senate back to session before the 19th to at least start the trial. Just my two cents.
    The trial is being pushed to after Biden takes the oath.

Even if they start now, they won't get to vote.

That theoretically means that Mitch can vote no and still get his way, depending on how things go.

GOP wants to banish Trump at this point. Make him tainted goods. They don't care about removing him in his 11th hour.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

I would like to hope you are right. but time and time again Mitch has shown he does not care about the people of this country or to be honest the party. if he did he would have voted to pass the stimulus right before the GA runoffs to give the two candidates a chance. He cares about personal power. If the other GOP members of the Senate say they do not want to impeach he will not anger them by saying he will go against them. I mean if he was really open to it the would call the Senate back to session before the 19th to at least start the trial. Just my two cents.
    Like you I doubt McConnell will go all the way, and will believe it when it happens. Still at this point, McConnell will be in a spot and on notice going forward and that's worth something.

But more than that, I don't really care what McConnell and the GOP will or will not do.

The important thing is for the Dems to do all that they can and should legislatively.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-13-2021 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    These extreme right wing folks REALLY are ticking me off with their meltdowns and dumb comparisons to the BLM events over the summer to "justify" the capitol event last week.

Also this DUMB tweet REALLY pissed me off.

https://twitter.com/AmandaPresto/sta...56437144551425
    That comparison and reasoning is soooo lame, I swear man lmaooo.

Also that tweet is hilariously mindless.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Quote Originally Posted by VideoGamesandMetalGuy View Post
    Scary to think that if Trump wasn't such an incompetent narcissist, he likely would have won. All he had to do when COVID hit was say "We are going to listen to the doctors, we have the best doctors in the world, MY DOCTORS are the best" and he would probably sailed to reelection.
    This was a crisis tailormade for an authoritarian germaphobe.

If someone had convinced him that masks were cool, or that he could make money selling MAGA masks, he would likely have gotten a second term.

He could also have taken advantage of the pandemic to go after political opponents, and do more to help himself politically.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I agree with all the points you made about the ground reality not favouring one narrative or another...

So how can you say with total confidence that some Republican defection wasn’t a significant factor in the final result?

Certainly on UK radio interviews before and after the vote, some habitual Republican voters said they were going to/ did vote for Joe.

In general, since no one is allowed to follow us into the ballot booth and check how we vote, always surprised at subsequent confident claims about what sort of people voted which way.
    It seems pretty unlikely that Republican defections lacked an impact.

The decision in Wisconsin (the tipping point state) was made by less than a percent. If 0.4% of voters nationwide had gone for Trump instead of Biden, Trump would have been reelected. So small differences really mattered.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The trial is being pushed to after Biden takes the oath.

Even if they start now, they won't get to vote.

That theoretically means that Mitch can vote no and still get his way, depending on how things go.

GOP wants to banish Trump at this point. Make him tainted goods. They don't care about removing him in his 11th hour.
    SOME in the GOP. The House GOP are mostly Trumpers and probably half of the GOP Senators are Trumpers. There are a few who are pre-Tea Party left, but make no mistake, whether they disavow him or not, it is still the Party of Trump.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    SOME in the GOP. The House GOP are mostly Trumpers and probably half of the GOP Senators are Trumpers. There are a few who are pre-Tea Party left, but make no mistake, whether they disavow him or not, it is still the Party of Trump.
    Getting 17 Senators to flip might be a lot easier.

I am not holding my breath, either.

I envision it coming close to 67 and then Manchin votes to acquit ...

Rob Portman (Ohio), Lamar Alexander (Tennessee), Ben Sasse (Nebraska), Roy Blunt (Missouri), Susan Collins (Maine), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), John Cornyn (Texas), John Thune (South Dakota), Mitt Romney (Utah), Mike Braun and Todd Young (Indiana), Tim Scott (South Carolina), Rick Scott and Marco Rubio (Florida), Chuck Grassley (Iowa), Richard Burr (North Carolina), Pat Toomey (Pennsylvania), Jerry Moran and Pat Roberts (Kansas) and Richard Shelby (Alabama) are the ones to watch.

Romney, Rubio, Murkowsi, Sasse, Toomey (which surprised me), Collins, Cornyn, and Thune seem to already be ready to convict. Grassley threw some McConnel-esque shade, too. The Rs on their last term in office might not care and vote to convict, too.

Again, not holding my breath.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-13-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

New Trump video condemning the violence last Wednesday.

Here’s the insight into why he released this video, hint: It has nothing to do with with actually having a remorse for what he did.

Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-13-2021 at 04:10 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This was a crisis tailormade for an authoritarian germaphobe.
    No crisis is tailormade for anything.

If someone had convinced him that masks were cool, or that he could make money selling MAGA masks, he would likely have gotten a second term.
    Trump did in fact monetize COVID-19 relief, by hoarding masks, and stopping bidding war and insider trading and so on.

He could also have taken advantage of the pandemic to go after political opponents...
    HE DID DO THAT!!!

Trump and his administration slow-dragged the Pandemic because initially it targeted blue states and affected minority voters so he figured that this was a blue voter problem and basically acted so that deaths would go up in Dem states and so on, to better attack and help his party and his administration.

Trump did all he could in the authoritarian playbook and failed.

It seems pretty unlikely that Republican defections lacked an impact.
    IT had an impact in the sense that "every little vote counts" and so on, but more than that it didn't. Certainly not significantly more than the other groups who played a far more decisive role for the heavy Democrat turnout and vote.

It certainly didn't have an impact to deserve or merit being the protagonist of reality or the protagonist of 2020 elections even.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    New Trump video condemning the violence last Wednesday.

4 fuckin' years too late bro.

You fucked your brand and now your family will be in the poor house.

Taking care of number 1 led you to taking a number 2 on our country.

@#$!@#$#$^^
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-13-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Getting 17 Senators to flip might be a lot easier.

I am not holding my breath, either.

I envision it coming close to 67 and then Manchin votes to acquit ...

Rob Portman (Ohio), Lamar Alexander (Tennessee), Ben Sasse (Nebraska), Roy Blunt (Missouri), Susan Collins (Maine), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), John Cornyn (Texas), John Thune (South Dakota), Mitt Romney (Utah), Mike Braun and Todd Young (Indiana), Tim Scott (South Carolina), Rick Scott and Marco Rubio (Florida), Chuck Grassley (Iowa), Richard Burr (North Carolina), Pat Toomey (Pennsylvania), Martha McSally (Arizona), Jerry Moran and Pat Roberts (Kansas) and Richard Shelby (Alabama) are the ones to watch.

Romney, Rubio, Murkowsi, Sasse, Toomey (which surprised me), Collins, Cornyn, and Thune seem to already be ready to convict. Grassley threw some McConnel-esque shade, too. The Rs on their last term in office might not care and vote to convict, too.

Again, not holding my breath.
    McSally is already gone. Has been since 12/2.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.