Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Wait.... is Rubio threatening to impeach Hillary if Trump is convicted? Is that what I'm seeing right now?
    She's a former Cabinet Secretary. So it only shows they're full of s*** about how it's supposedly "impossible" to impeach former office holders.

The problem with his "threat" is... she's done with holding office in any capacity. Like, she retired. She's done. Not running for president, not running for any office, doesn't want to get nominated to any Cabinet post. Also, what are they going to charge her with, Benghazi? AGAIN? And if they do, how are they getting 2/3 vote.

Remember, Rubio just claimed yesterday in an argument we knew was bulls*** that "impeachment is a waste of time, and we should work on Covid-19 stuff."

This after the GOP-controlled Senate chose to not work on it since May 2020-Jan 2021. And then now, they wouldn't work on it again, because he wants to f*** about against the GOP scarecrow that is Hillary.

When I talk about f***ers who need to be bounced on their ass in 2022, we're talking about jerkoffs like Little Marco.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If you compare the two, I'd rather side with the Lincoln Project right now than side with people liek Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, and other republicans in the House and Senate who are perfectly fine with Trump trying to take over the country via a violent insurrection and coup.

Also, if you compare the Lincoln Project to the NRA you get the same result.

I know about the problems that the Lincoln Project is having, but so far I am willing to let them try and figure this out on their own for now. It's good that news agencies are reporting on it, but I still am not ready to trash them since they, for the most part, are on the right side of history, or at least are trying to be.
    Most people are trying to be on the right side of history.

But this should not excuse wrongdoing. The standards for wrongdoing should be the same whether you agree with someone politically or not.

Hell, I would think you should hold the people you agree with to a higher standard. They don't have the disadvantage of having to defend the wrong policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Let's remember something about the Lincoln Project. Yes, we allied ourselves with them last year because we had a common enemy in Donald Trump. But these guys had no problem with any of what the Republican Party stood for before Trump became their Presidential candidate in 2016. The people who formed the Lincoln Project had no problem with George W. Bush and Dick Cheney's war crimes, they had no problem with any of the nonsense that Senators like Ted Cruz and Rand Paul said before 2016 and they had no problem with Mitch McConnell blocking almost everything that President Obama tried to push through Congress. So at the end of the day, the Lincoln Project are still conservatives who just want things to go back to the way they were before Trump.
    With the Lincoln project there is the ability to show that this isn't an argument from people who would be indignant with rage against any Republican President, but that even these people who supported previous Republican candidates find Trump to be beyond the pale.

There is a secondary question about whether these people overcharged Republican candidates for office in the past, and did similar grifts of Trump critics, given how much of the money they raised went into their pockets.

Antifa has no leader. It's not a thing, it's not even an organization.
    To be fair, they do that as a way to avoid individual responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, he swore an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the U.S. Inciting an insurrection is pretty much neglecting his oath.
    Plus, if he had responded quickly to denounce actions taken in his name, that would be evidence that he didn't mean to incite an attack on the capitol.

That he waited hours before issuing a statement that he loves the rioters and wants them to go home can be seen as evidence that he wanted that kind of reaction.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

His defense says, “No thinking person could seriously believe that the president’s Jan. 6 speech on the Ellipse was in any way an incitement to violence or insurrection.”

So the new argument is that it was all his followers fault because they're morons.

Astonishing Member

Holy **** this report on CNN with DIRECT confirmation from GOP reps is hardcore. But why didn't they go on the record earlier? Wtf. This should have been in the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Holy **** this report on CNN with DIRECT confirmation from GOP reps is hardcore. But why didn't they go on the record earlier? Wtf. This should have been in the trial.
    What are you referring to?

Edit: Is it this one?

New details about Trump-McCarthy shouting match show Trump refused to call off the rioters

Washington (CNN)In an expletive-laced phone call with House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy while the Capitol was under attack, then-President Donald Trump said the rioters cared more about the election results than McCarthy did.

"Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are," Trump said, according to lawmakers who were briefed on the call afterward by McCarthy.
    McCarthy insisted that the rioters were Trump's supporters and begged Trump to call them off.

Trump's comment set off what Republican lawmakers familiar with the call described as a shouting match between the two men. A furious McCarthy told the President the rioters were breaking into his office through the windows, and asked Trump, "Who the f--k do you think you are talking to?" according to a Republican lawmaker familiar with the call.

The newly revealed details of the call, described to CNN by multiple Republicans briefed on it, provide critical insight into the President's state of mind as rioters were overrunning the Capitol. The existence of the call and some of its details have been previously reported and discussed publicly by McCarthy.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-12-2021 at 05:03 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Holy crap, if this blows up and they STILL acquit...
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member

What are you referring to?
    Sorry was just typing my reaction to watching the breaking news live. So they are reporting that they can confirm from Congresswoman Jaime Herrera Beutler That Kevin McCarthy FLAT out told her about the call he had with Trump during the insurrection. They quoted her and the call. Saying that Trump tried to tell Kevin that it was Antifa not his people attacking. McCarthy said NO they are your people. Trump then says well it seems like they are more interested in defending this country than you are.

And McCarthy responded "Who the **** do you think you are talking too?"

Then live on the show Jake Tapper gets further confirmation from another GOP rep that wont be named and read his statement confirming basically. Multiple GOP confirmations of the story.

So McCarthy knew this and still voted "with trump" basically. Still voted against impeachment.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 02-12-2021 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    She's a former Cabinet Secretary. So it only shows they're full of s*** about how it's supposedly "impossible" to impeach former office holders.

The problem with his "threat" is... she's done with holding office in any capacity. Like, she retired. She's done. Not running for president, not running for any office, doesn't want to get nominated to any Cabinet post. Also, what are they going to charge her with, Benghazi? AGAIN? And if they do, how are they getting 2/3 vote.

Remember, Rubio just claimed yesterday in an argument we knew was bulls*** that "impeachment is a waste of time, and we should work on Covid-19 stuff."

This after the GOP-controlled Senate chose to not work on it since May 2020-Jan 2021. And then now, they wouldn't work on it again, because he wants to f*** about against the GOP scarecrow that is Hillary.

When I talk about f***ers who need to be bounced on their ass in 2022, we're talking about jerkoffs like Little Marco.
    You say that now, but wait until we get Senator Ivanka Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Sorry was just typing my reaction to watching the breaking news live. So they are reporting that they can confirm from Congresswoman Jaime Herrera Beutler That Kevin McCarthy FLAT out told her about the call he had with Trump during the insurrection. They quoted her and the call. Saying that Trump tried to tell Kevin that it was Antifa not his people attacking. McCarthy said NO they are your people. Trump then says well it seems like they are more interested in defending this country than you are.

And McCarthy responded "Who the **** do you think you are talking too?"

Then live on the show Jake Tapper gets further confirmation from another GOP rep that wont be named and read his statement confirming basically. Multiple GOP confirmations of the story.

So McCarthy knew this and still voted "with trump" basically. Still voted against impeachment.
    Will this become a big issue, though? Confirming it via third party, GQP will claim hearsay. I mean, McCarthy just flew down to Mar-a-Lago to give Trump a blowjob, so I'll be genuinely surprised if he doesn't deny that conversation happened.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

I mean even if this call did happen it is clear that not only does McCarthy not care but pretty much every GOP law maker does not care. This will be a good talking point on Cnn for a bit, Fox news will call it fake news and at the end of the day it will just be filed away and forgotten about.

if McCarthy gave two shits he would not have met with Trump. if the law makers cared about anything more then kissing the ass of his cult members they would have voted for impeachment. And if McCarthy and the House members knew about Mitch and the Senate did as well. This just proves how lost, sad, and losers the GOP are right now.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

I think it further highlights how low and subservient McCarthy is. His votes after the fact and especially flying down after to meet Trump.

He can deny it and call his own party congresswoman a liar when she's on the record.

It does not matter to the conviction. This is news to us. GOP all already knew this. They don't care. That's why they were assisting the Trump lawyers in broad daylight. Cruz was on Fox news flat out saying he met with the lawyers. Making sure they did the bare minimum to allow the aquital.

That's why even the calls for witnesses are understandable but useless. GOP would just use it as weapons to hold up the trial. GOP don't care

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    . . . Senators Toomey, Portman, Shelby, and Burr have seen the writing on the wall. They're out the door . . .
    Do we know if that's specifically the reason they're choosing not to run again and that's it not a case of being sick of all the childish partisan-sh#t they have to deal with in the Senate these days?

I mean, it use to be not nearly as horrific in the old days. Sometimes, people could put through bipartisan legislation, and "compromise" wasn't such a dirty, sinful word.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Do we know if that's specifically the reason they're choosing not to run again and that's it not a case of being sick of all the childish partisan-sh#t they have to deal with in the Senate these days?

I mean, it use to be not nearly as horrific in the old days. Sometimes, people could put through bipartisan legislation, and "compromise" wasn't such a dirty, sinful word.
    Portman in an interview with my local news here in Cincy said this was the reason he is not running again. Too toxic and too much of a mess. Nothing gets done and it is impossible to get anything done because the Senate is too busy fighting and seeing who the bad guys are and not doing their jobs.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Portman in an interview with my local news here in Cincy said this was the reason he is not running again. Too toxic and too much of a mess. Nothing gets done and it is impossible to get anything done because the Senate is too busy fighting and seeing who the bad guys are and not doing their jobs.
    Moscow Mitch did a real good job of screwing up the Senate.