Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    We have to remember Pryor would in stand up rip a lot of things. Again i can't post it but a stand up from 1971 has him say the F word describing gay men (and seems to admit being bi sexual). He is more known discussing his issues with women (which nowadays would get people mad).
    There are more comedians ...imagine Don Rickles in todays time. And that guy lived to insult...everyone it seems. Since his humor was insult comedy.

A lot of comedy then...you have to wonder how modern day audiences would handle it ?
    A group that he was arguably a part of...

To me, there's just a pretty clear line between that and this particular fight that Chappelle seems to be on the wrong side of.

Well, not even "Seems..."

He is pretty squarely on the wrong side of this.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

This is like Bill Clinton throwing a fit about if he actually owes Monica Lewinsky an apology.
    What is his take on that?

Incidentally, I’ve always assumed Bill Clinton is in same “class” as a fair number of renowned rock and pop stars…i.e. everyone knows they treated women badly, but nearly everyone feels they are super cool.

On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, as well as 2017, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” published profiles of Arizona Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu, who every few years gets bold enough to try and run for Congress in Arizona’s 1st Congressional District. His Back in 2012, his aspirations for higher office were cut short during the GOP Primary when the anti-immigrant sheriff was outed as gay by an ex-lover (pictured above) who also happened to be an illegal immigrant who Babeu tried to intimidate into keeping their love affair clandestine by threatening to deport him if he went to the media. And that's not even the ONLY scandal Babeu's got in his history. Remember when anti-immigrant candidate Adam Kwasman was running for Congress in 2014, and turned up to yell at a bus full of children (and it wasn't even the bus filled with migrant children)? Sheriff Paul Babeu's the guy who tipped Kwasman and a mob of xenophobes off to show up to throw rocks and scream at a bunch of kids. And yet, there's more... Babeu was once a headmaster at the DeSisto School, a boarding school, from 1999-2001. While he was there, the school was repeatedly investigated for child abuse cases including forced strip searches and forcing the kids into group showers, and per Babeu's own sister Lucy, Paul once took a 17-year old student home to be his live-in boyfriend and Babeu’s sister even shared a home movie from Christmas of 1999 with the media, where Babeu proudly boasts of the abusive brand of disclipline he used on the troubled youths in his care, including facing them into corners for days or weeks at a time, justifying it because the kids were, in his mind, "bonkers". And so, Paul Babeu lost his bid for Congress, getting only 43% of the vote against Democrat Tom O’Halleran in the 2016 elections. He has not resurfaced in politics since.

On this date in 2018, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” published a profile on McKenzie Levie aka Levi Athon aka Leviathan, a full-on White Nationalist lunatic who puts on a full suit of chain mail, and sometimes brandishes a melee weapon while going toe-to-toe with people protesting the Trump administration, and he announced a run for Congress in 2018 to challenge Rep. Marcy Kaptur for the right to represent Ohio’s 9th Congressional District. Both the Society for Creative Anachronism and Renaissance Faire community have booted Levie from their ranks. Levie is a creative anachronist, failed actor, and sword-fighting instructor who runs a Historic European Martial Arts club on Sundays in Lakewood Park, Ohio. He is also McKenzie Levie (or Mac Levi) — though he claims to “have gone by many other names”, and has told people he is out to “protect the city from people of Islam”, but he often settles for attacking people who he says are “Antifa” and his grudge with them started when protesters supposedly interrupted a wedding he was at in 2016, protesters who he insists are “funded by George Soros”. Reports have been placed by protesters that Levie has run up to them and stolen or destroyed signs at events as threatening as the March for Science, or that he has used homophobic slurs or made "suggestive comments" to a group of minors at May Day. At Pride in Cleveland, Levie was said to have stolen signs and stomped on them. What we’re getting at here is, half the time, Levie acts like a crusader wandering around the modern day ready to battle on the behalf of Christendom, and the other half, he’s just an alt-right lunatic. Make no mistake, he is geared more towards the 21st century, trying to establish a presence on social media and Youtube to support his infamy. Cleveland police keep getting called wherever Levie shows up, whether it is from his own behavior, or people who go with the “Punch a Nazi” philosophy of putting knuckles to his face. Still, Levie likes to parkour away while shouting threats that he’ll be back like a cartoon villain, because of course he does. Anyway, it seems that Ohio’s 9th Congressional District isn’t the right environment for an extremist maniac who looks like he missed the bus to Charlottesville like McKenzie Levi to win office, or for that matter, even find enough signatures to qualify for the ballot, because he didn’t turn up on it by the time the primary rolled around. Odds are decent he’ll be in prison and/or getting mental health evaluations by the time the 2020 elections roll around, and we’re hoping that his political ambitions come to an end.

On this date in 2019, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” profiled Foster Friess, a long time conservative donor worth in the range of half a billion to a billion dollars who, after years of doing things like propping up candidates like Rick Santorum and investing $3 million dollars so Tucker Carlson could start his own Daily Caller news site to promote white nationalism… for whatever reason, decided to forgo donating money to Republican candidates in 2018, and make a run at Governor of Wyoming himself. We should note, though, that Friess throwing his own hat into the ring was problematic, because he had previously made troubling public statements, including an interview with Andrea Mitchell where he stated the only form of contraception he believed in as follows: ”On this contraceptive thing, my Gosh it’s such inexpensive. You know, back in my days, they used Bayer aspirin for contraception. The gals put it between their knees, and it wasn’t that costly.” That wasn’t all. He also would posit that there were Jihadist training camps in LATIN AMERICA, non-sequitir. Well, if there was any doubt that Friess had some fringe views that should disqualify him from being the Governor of Wyoming, he opened his campaign luncheon with a speech full of Birther conspiracy nonsense where he accused President Obama of “funneling money to his cousins in Zoowanatou” (a place that doesn’t exist). Foster Friess ended up losing in the GOP Primary for Governor of Wyoming with only 26% of the vote, trailing the eventual winner, Gov. Mark Gordon, by 9,000 votes. He may or may not resurface to take a crack at Wyoming’s seat in the U.S. House, or one of its U.S. Senate seats… but at the very least, he’s going to dump cash towards the biggest lunatics the GOP has on the ballot.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post

Incidentally, I’ve always assumed Bill Clinton is in same “class” as a fair number of renowned rock and pop stars…i.e. everyone knows they treated women badly, but nearly everyone feels they are super cool.
    To start with, that would require an assumption that anything this guy says about that is not a put on.

Which ain't exactly a safe assumption.

As for what he has said -

The obvious issue with that apology is that it happened when he had already politically stepped into a bear trap.

Obviously, someone could see why folks would believe that it was all talk.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post

Guy had a number of affairs for years. So its known he was a southern bubba type. He ate terrible fast food , cheated on his wife a few times...but everyone just can't hate the guy once they are around him.

I believe it was Darrell Hammond who said he was invited there to White House as Clinton loved his impression he did. That he wasn't gonna try and like him but ended up admitting Bill Clinton just has a way where you will like him.

Also we have to remember it wasn't just Bill who made poor Monica's life hell then. Her close friend was selling her out to Ken Starr who took things that way as we know.

So yeah Bill was wrong for having an affair like his others. But the other characters really hurt her.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Past that, the guy on this panel kinda summed up the obvious issue with what he said in that interview...

Guy had a number of affairs for years. So its known he was a southern bubba type. He ate terrible fast food , cheated on his wife a few times...but everyone just can't hate the guy once they are around him.

I believe it was Darrell Hammond who said he was invited there to White House as Clinton loved his impression he did. That he wasn't gonna try and like him but ended up admitting Bill Clinton just has a way where you will like him.

Also we have to remember it wasn't just Bill who made poor Monica's life hell then. Her close friend was selling her out to Ken Starr who took things that way as we know.

So yeah Bill was wrong for having an affair like his others. But the other characters really hurt her.
    The guy was essentially her boss.

There is a whole other element of "Wrong..." built into that.

It's not like he was just a married bank teller who had an affair with a fellow teller.

The guy was essentially her boss.

There is a whole other element of "Wrong..." built into that.

It's not like he was just a married bank teller who had an affair with a fellow teller.
    Bosses have affairs with people below them a lot. Its a power deal and some see it as that. Monica was a college kid who had an affair with her boss. She was old enough to know better as he was.

In each case its 2 adults making a bad decision. Clinton had a number of them but as we saw...Americans didn't care since. A : He was well liked regardless. B : The country was running great.

Trying to cancel Bill Clinton 20+ years later in that video details how wild it is. With soley blaming him as attempt. As Bill Burr joked in his podcast awhile back...

"They are trying to cancel John Wayne now ! Did you see what he said in Playboy ?! Your too late...an act of God did that 40 years ago ."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Bosses have affairs with people below them a lot. Its a power deal and some see it as that. Monica was a college kid who had an affair with her boss. She was old enough to know better as he was.

In each case its 2 adults making a bad decision. Clinton had a number of them but as we saw...Americans didn't care since. A : He was well liked regardless. B : The country was running great.

Trying to cancel Bill Clinton 20+ years later in that video details how wild it is. With soley blaming him as attempt. As Bill Burr joked in his podcast awhile back...

"They are trying to cancel John Wayne now ! Did you see what he said in Playboy ?! Your too late...an act of God did that 40 years ago ."
    Politely...

You are going to need to give me a list of the six or seven previous jobs where she got all of that know-how before I am even going to consider entertaining that kind of nonsense.

Sometimes it seems that young people (and I know I sound like an old fart here) don't really care about the issues, but just want to be the one who can say "I got him canceled! Me!"
    Watching television is not an activity.

Politely...

You are going to need to give me a list of the six or seven previous jobs where she got all of that know-how before I am even going to consider entertaining that kind of nonsense.
    I put all of the blame on Bill Clinton here. 1. He was immoral by cheating on his wife. 2. He was unethical by having an affair with an employee. 3. He showed poor judgment by having the affair right there in the Oval Office. I mean, at least JFK had enough class to get a hotel room.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I put all of the blame on Bill Clinton here. 1. He was immoral by cheating on his wife. 2. He was unethical by having an affair with an employee. 3. He showed poor judgment by having the affair right there in the Oval Office. I mean, at least JFK had enough class to get a hotel room.
    While I'm not about to say "All..", it's not like this feels like Flowers where it was two folks around the same age that we could guess had enough life behind them to kind of do the math on how wrong what they were doing actually was.

It's just kind of odd to try to put an employee who is that much younger with not much of a work background on equal footing when it comes to this.

Past that, the "Family..." ethical component is a different kettle of fish.

Politely...

Yes in a world where a 22-25 year old woman has no power or responsibility at all in a relationship ...its nonsense. Basically she was innocent and her wicked boss is soley responsible.

On planet Earth....now...that is a nope. Monica was an adult woman. Who had 2 affairs with older men before she got with Clinton.

Its clear that Monica wasn't the innocent your attempting to try.

On this date one year ago, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” first profiled Barry Moore, who is now the U.S. House Representative for Alabama’s 2nd Congressional District, having replaced sitting Congresswoman Martha Roby in the 2020 elections after serving for four terms as an Alabama State Legislator who has represented District 91 of that body since first winning office in… you guessed it, the 2010 Tea Party Wave.

First thing’s first… Barry Moore’s voting record as an Alabama state legislator from 2011-2018 is pretty extreme, even for an Alabama Republican, including voter suppression bills, anti-immigration bills that were so poorly written they cost Alabama's state economy $11 billion and about 140,000 jobs, several anti-choice bills including a fetal heartbeat abortion ban, Roy Moore's quixotic attempts at putting Ten Commandments monuments everywhere, supported welfare drug testing, voted to bring back the electric chair is a barbaric means of execution, voted a bill to allow adoption agencies to deny gay couples from adoption children based on their “religious principles”, and of course, a bill to prevent the removal of Confederate monuments. Barry Moore also believes in no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment, whatsoever, and supports the vanity project/quaqmire/dumbass idea that is Donald Trump’s wall along the U.S./Mexico border.

However, it’s not any matter of policy that makes Barry Moore a terrible candidate for Congress in 2020 (or any other year, frankly). Our concerns start with his arrest on felony perjury charges back in April of 2014, when he allegedly provided false statements relating to an economic development deal in the Wiregrass area and comments regarding his Republican primary opponent Josh Pipkin. On Jan. 24th, 2014,. Moore was asked by Alabama’s Deputy Attorney General Matt Hart whether Mike Hubbard (who ended up convicted of six felony counts himself) threatened to impede economic incentives from the Enterprise area in order to keep Moore's primary opponent out of the race. Moore denied that was the case to Hart and added that Hubbard was attempting to get the deal done saying the deal was "in the actual company's ball park" and continued to say that financial details were still getting worked out. He later told Hart in his official statement that he "hadn't heard anything else," which according to the indictment was also a false statement. Moore told investigators that he hadn’t told his primary opponent that year, Josh Pipkin that if he were to stay out of the race then the economic development project would remain on track. Moore asserted the decision to run was purely up to Pipkin but added that he would continue to pursue the jobs deal… which, again, was allegedly a false statement he made. Now, while Mike Hubbard was convicted in this affair, Barry Moore somehow evaded a conviction, because even though there was a recording of Moore’s conversation with Pipkin… the jury decided he just had “misremembered” the details from his conversation seven months prior, where he tried leveraging his primary opponent out of the race.

Now, one would think that such a political scandal would lead to the end of a legislator’s career… but that is not the case here. Barry Moore served four more years in the state legislature, and started trying to get elected to Congress in Alabama’s 2nd Congressional District. Yes, he lost in the primary to Martha Roby in that first attempt in 2018, but he wasn’t exactly blown out. In 2020, he won the primary, and coasted to victory in November, given the district has a +16 Republican lean.

This was even though in the build up to the 2020 election by sharing a meme where he seemingly gave his approval of teenaged murderer suspect Kyle Rittenhouse, who traveled from his home in Illinois to hunt people protesting the death of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin with an assault rifle. The image in question shows two people on the ground who “didn’t fight back”, and then Rittenhouse, who it credits with “fighting back”.

Thus, he’s gone to DC and racked up quite the voting record there, as well:

We had hoped Alabama’s 2nd would have cleared so low a bar as “find someone better than Martha Roby”, but alas, Barry Moore is now a Congressman.

Yes in a world where a 22-25 year old woman has no power or responsibility at all in a relationship ...its nonsense. Basically she was innocent and her wicked boss is soley responsible.

On planet Earth....now...that is a nope. Monica was an adult woman. Who had 2 affairs with older men before she got with Clinton.

Its clear that Monica wasn't the innocent your attempting to try.
    While I wouldn't say that scandal was a "there are no victims here" event...

You could say "there were no good guys in this", and you'd be more accurate. Lewinsky still got the brunt of the late night comedians' jokes. And that she's the closest thing to a victim in the scenario.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 10-14-2021 at 11:53 PM.