Page 886 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 38678683687688288388488588688788888989089693698613861886 ... LastLast
Results 13,276 to 13,290 of 75153

Now for something a bit lighter -

New Yorker writer Jeffrey Toobin suspended after allegedly masturbating on work Zoom call: report

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...om-call-report
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Being brutally honest. I think why I like Trump is I feel he's the leader this country deserves for letting Dubya & co. escape unpunished. Half the country votes solidly Republican despite everything that party has done the last twenty plus years. Maybe this country isn't worth saving?
    So why laugh at the half that never voted for him?
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 10-20-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Mighty Member

See my previous post before this one.
    So because "half"(nevermind what the popular vote says about that) are not people you view as worth being "saved" the other "half" should suffer? You make this judgement yet claim they are the ones that have crossed some sort of line?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Being brutally honest. I think why I like Trump is I feel he's the leader this country deserves for letting Dubya & co. escape unpunished. Half the country votes solidly Republican despite everything that party has done the last twenty plus years. Maybe this country isn't worth saving?
    Celebrating to watch the country in chaos is the silliest aspect here. Hoping for it to go down in flames so you can laugh over it all thinking you won't be effected is ...well it can eventually effect you as were seeing. Millions are effected right now. And the scary part is ...we nearly had a nuclear war to boot on it as one official detailed he was going to church scared praying over it. That is how close it came.

None of this is silly or how the country deserves it because of GW Bush , Ronald Reagan or whatever other President you have anger with. A lot of us didn't support GW Bush and voted another way. We just didn't laugh and think misery was deserved for thousands of people etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    So why laugh at the half that never voted for him?
    I can't say more without getting banned, so I'll leave it at this. Our country has always been violent, corrupt, and racist. Until the two Party System is abolished nothing is going to change. My hope is Trump hastens that demise so something better can emerge from the ruins. I don't want the country destroyed but I do want the current political system destroyed.

Mighty Member

I can't say more without getting banned, so I'll leave it at this. Our country has always been violent, corrupt, and racist. Until the two Party System is abolished nothing is going to change. My hope is Trump hastens that demise so something better can emerge from the ruins. I don't want the country destroyed but I do want the current political system destroyed.
    Don't you have dual citizenship? If so than this is more a thought experiment for you. Especially if your claims about making bank off donny winning is true. So it doesn't sound like this matters to you at all from either how you've been talking before(enjoying people suffering) and if what you say is true(making money off of said suffering). Basically everything you claim is corrupt and bad is something you either practice or benefit from.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Don't you have dual citizenship? If so than this is more a thought experiment for you. Especially if your claims about making bank off donny winning is true. So it doesn't sound like this matters to you at all from either how you've been talking before(enjoying people suffering) and if what you say is true(making money off of said suffering). Basically everything you claim is corrupt and bad is something you either practice or benefit from.
    Yes, I do. And I'll say Canada has a much better political system than does America. It isn't perfect, but it's certainly light years better due to its multi-party nature alone, oh, and free basic healthcare and federally legalized cannabis.

Well, that's like saying a metrologist is bad because they are good at predicting hurricanes.

BANNED

Our country has always been violent, corrupt, and racist. Until the two Party System is abolished nothing is going to change.
    You are aware, or it is possible for you to become aware, that the abolition of slavery came precisely because of the alliance in the North between War Democrats or Union Democrats and the Republican Party right?

The two party system, flawed as it is, is not to be blamed exclusively for America's racism, violence, and corruption. In fact in some cases, the two party system made reforms and other stuff possible.

My hope is Trump hastens that demise so something better can emerge from the ruins. I don't want the country destroyed but I do want the current political system destroyed.
    A) America isn't Feudal France, Tsarist Russia, or Imperial China i.e. a society so bankrupt and broken that revolution is the only way out.

B) There is absolutely no real guarantee that the destruction of the political system (as you call it) will automatically lead to something better. It could very likely, lead to a fascist regime of some sort.

To be honest, your posts sound like Bannon who blathered on about the "destruction of the administrative state" and is currently indicted for defrauding donatons, and was the mastermind who lost Alabama to the Democrats when he fielded a pedophile in a race.

Mighty Member

Well, that's like saying a metrologist is bad because they are good at predicting hurricanes.
    Are said weather people also not bad when they are happy at the suffering of those in the path and saying they deserve it?

Revolutionary_Jack, I'm not Bannon. That guy is a joke. How dare you insult me, j/k/

Yes, I'm well aware that the Republican Party was a party of abolition and favored racial justice up until the "Southern Strategy". In fact, I know the guy who wrote "Freedom National" and the "Scorpion's Sting". We've had long talks about the Pre-Civil War Era, the Civil War itself, and Reconstruction.

Are said weather people also not bad when they are happy at the suffering of those in the path and saying they deserve it?
    If thinking I'm "bad" makes you feel better be my guest. I'm not arguing anymore with you.

Mighty Member

If thinking I'm "bad" makes you feel better be my guest. I'm not arguing anymore with you.
    You are the one using the bad meterologist analogy. No need to get cross with me when i turn it back at you.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

B) There is absolutely no real guarantee that the destruction of the political system (as you call it) will automatically lead to something better. It could very likely, lead to a fascist regime of some sort.
    This, countries like the US when they hit hard times tend to flock behind the first person to make it go away, regardless of character.

This, countries like the US when they hit hard times tend to flock behind the first person to make it go away, regardless of character.
    So, a Roman Empire type outcome. Yeah, I could say that happening.

Mighty Member

So, a Roman Empire type outcome. Yeah, I could say that happening.
    I am sure that will go well for Canada as well. More hurricanes for your models!