Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I had heard that Kudlow had a drinking problem. I just didn't know that the problem was being confused about the ingredients in the alcohol.
    I can only think of one generally available alcoholic beverage that ISN'T directly plant based, and that might be only because I actually drink it. That one being mead, and even then half the mead you can buy is actually wine with the other stuff added to it. Actual, brewed from honey mead isn't easy to come by if you don't know what to look for.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It's unconfirmed, but I read in Twitter that NJ will remain stable and Mass. actually increased in population.
    The Cook political report has a look at the effects.

https://cookpolitical.com/analysis/h...t-numbers-mean

There was a much smaller shift than expected: only seven seats shifted between states, not the ten some estimates suggested. Texas was the big winner, picking up two seats. Colorado, Florida, Montana, North Carolina and Oregon each picked up one seat. But Florida and Texas both gained one less seat than expected, and Arizona missed out on picking up a seat — indicating a lower Hispanic count than estimates anticipated.

On the negative side of the ledger, seven states will lose one seat each: California, Illinois, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia (this is the first time California will lose a seat since statehood). But Alabama, Rhode Island and Minnesota each breathed a huge sigh of relief, as they narrowly averted a loss. Amazingly, Minnesota beat out New York for the 435th and final House seat by just 89 residents.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

We really need to increase the number of House reps.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

14 Qpublicans got an "A" grade, eh? I'm genuinely surprised the number was THAT high.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I can only think of one generally available alcoholic beverage that ISN'T directly plant based, and that might be only because I actually drink it. That one being mead, and even then half the mead you can buy is actually wine with the other stuff added to it. Actual, brewed from honey mead isn't easy to come by if you don't know what to look for.
    I would think that Honey is technically Plant-based since Bees use nectar to make it.

The only drink I can think of that isn't either water or plant-based is Milk.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    14 Qpublicans got an "A" grade, eh? I'm genuinely surprised the number was THAT high.
    I think they were being a bit generous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    So my aunt who has no job, no place of her own to live and is behind on her car payment it turns out used 850 on those Psychic hotlines.

So the hard core Trumper who says there is no scientific evidence that masks work, that there is no science behind the vaccine, Lock downs have saved 0 lives, Trump supporters are not responsible for the 6th as there has not been one that has been arrested (It is all fake news and Antifa) and no real proof Floyd was killed by the police believes that a 7.99 a minute Psychic has all of life answers and there is proof that they are real.

The biggest proof, Her Psychic told her that people will call her dumb for thinking that this is legit.
    My mother was a Catholic, but also grew up in the tail end of the hippy era so was into Astrology/psychics/the healing power of crystals/etc. Also an alcoholic, and one of the most frustrating things that happened was coming home and finding her drunk, talking to a psychic (I believe a Miss Cleo's psychic) for god knows how long, and me having to talk her into putting the phone down. We also did not grow up with very much money, so that was a significant cost (and even I knew that as a kid, sober though I was). Not much of a step from the Catholicism/religion in general really, and you get to vent to someone. I'd be curious what the cost works out to vs the average therapist, and they're going to tell you what you want to hear (kidding, for anyone involved in that field).

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    George W. Bush Can’t Paint His Way Out of Hell

Brilliant article. Highly recommended anyone here reads it.
    Think he gets a pass because 1. Memories fade and we just went through Trump 2. He was viewed as a figurehead for the old Nixon/Reagan/Poppy team headed up by Cheney. As I've recently said I think he was worse for the country and the world than Trump, partially because his team (at least) knew exactly what they were doing.

I would think that Honey is technically Plant-based since Bees use nectar to make it.

clamato.jpg

?

I think they were being a bit generous.
    In fairness, that used to be a pretty low bar.

Honey is an animal product even if it is only a short step away from plant nectar - after all, the same logic would call steak or milk plant products because cows eat grass. It IS a debate among vegans from what I can find. Some consider it vegan if the bees are kept ethically (considering the honey to be a byproduct of pollination), others say it isn't under any circumstances.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Has anyone heard of the arizona audit bullcrap the alt right are crapping out now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    We really need to increase the number of House reps.
    By how much? Are you thinking about something like the Wyoming Rule, which would increase it to 547 or so?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...e-Wyoming-Rule

The “Wyoming Rule” is proposed to restructure representation in the House by apportioning seats based on the population of the smallest entitled unit - currently the state of Wyoming. In the 2010 Census, Wyoming had a population of 563,626. Using that number as the baseline (rounded down to 500,000), seats in the House would be apportioned by simply dividing their census population (also rounded down to the nearest 500,000) by that baseline. This simplified method would ensure equal representation between House districts. Each member of the House would represent approximately 500,000 constituents. Rounding down all population numbers would ensure that all calculations would result in a whole number.
    Or do you want something more ambitious?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Has anyone heard of the arizona audit bullcrap the alt right are crapping out now?

Yeah, and I have and exclusive image of the people doing the 'recount':

loa.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    My mother was a Catholic, but also grew up in the tail end of the hippy era so was into Astrology/psychics/the healing power of crystals/etc. Also an alcoholic, and one of the most frustrating things that happened was coming home and finding her drunk, talking to a psychic (I believe a Miss Cleo's psychic) for god knows how long, and me having to talk her into putting the phone down. We also did not grow up with very much money, so that was a significant cost (and even I knew that as a kid, sober though I was). Not much of a step from the Catholicism/religion in general really, and you get to vent to someone. I'd be curious what the cost works out to vs the average therapist, and they're going to tell you what you want to hear (kidding, for anyone involved in that field).

Think he gets a pass because 1. Memories fade and we just went through Trump 2. He was viewed as a figurehead for the old Nixon/Reagan/Poppy team headed up by Cheney. As I've recently said I think he was worse for the country and the world than Trump, partially because his team (at least) knew exactly what they were doing.

clamato.jpg

?

In fairness, that used to be a pretty low bar.
    I had forgotten about clams, then again it's not a common drink in my neck of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    So my aunt who has no job, no place of her own to live and is behind on her car payment it turns out used 850 on those Psychic hotlines.

So the hard core Trumper who says there is no scientific evidence that masks work, that there is no science behind the vaccine, Lock downs have saved 0 lives, Trump supporters are not responsible for the 6th as there has not been one that has been arrested (It is all fake news and Antifa) and no real proof Floyd was killed by the police believes that a 7.99 a minute Psychic has all of life answers and there is proof that they are real.

The biggest proof, Her Psychic told her that people will call her dumb for thinking that this is legit.
    Sorry you're going through this, but that is hilarious.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Sorry you're going through this, but that is hilarious.
    I think this explains why you won't hold your party accountable, Mets. You think installed lies they've made that have crippled a woman's sanity to the extent that she's a burden on a young man concerned for her are "hilarious".

On brand for the empathy your party shows.

babyblob, I hope you can find her the help she needs with some sort of deprogramming therapy. If she's still staying with you, you might want to make that arrangement contingent on her getting that help. Because she really needs it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I think this explains why you won't hold your party accountable, Mets. You think installed lies they've made that have crippled a woman's sanity to the extent that she's a burden on a young man concerned for her are "hilarious".

On brand for the empathy your party shows.

babyblob, I hope you can find her the help she needs with some sort of deprogramming therapy. If she's still staying with you, you might want to make that arrangement contingent on her getting that help. Because she really needs it.
    I assume by now that's on-brand with Republicans and Fox News viewers in general.

Didn't Sean Hannity pop a vein and pull the victimhood card recently about being called a sociopath?