Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    It looks like Biden has won, though it's not over till its over.

Those mid west rust belt states are looking pretty shaky for the future though, Democrats have a lot of work to due there.

Whoever can unlock the economic prosperity of that region, has a good lock on future elections.
    The rust belt was always the key. I’m still annoyed we wasted time on Florida and some other southern states.

Ultimate Member

Mississippi has voted to replace its flag from the confederate symbol.

Good on them. At least, that's "some" progress.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The rust belt was always the key. I’m still annoyed we wasted time on Florida and some other southern states.
    Well, Biden flipped Arizona so it wasn't a total waste.

The fact that Arizona has been flipped puts less pressure on the rust belt.

But the whole "Texas is going purple" isn't true. It's still quite red.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    It looks like Biden has won, though it's not over till its over.

Those mid west rust belt states are looking pretty shaky for the future though, Democrats have a lot of work to due there.

Whoever can unlock the economic prosperity of that region, has a good lock on future elections.
    I checked it on 270towin

The Washington Post interpretation or the voting leaves Biden with 270 exactly, and Trump with 268.

Most others are similar though they are less willing to bet on the outcomes of some states.

Wining the EC by 2 points isn't good. All it would take is a few unfaithful electors to switch their votes. Plus Trump is going to pushing this up to the SCOTUS, coming up with any kind of crazy argument to prove he won and Biden didn't.

Now, if just one more state went with Biden over Trump, that would clinch it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

So, after this gets certified and Biden eeks out a win I'm likely just going to stay in my house until after the inauguration.

I'm not trying to be a victim of a hate crime, which will definitely go up during the lame duck session.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

When you are worried about polling errors in tipping point states it's best to hedge your bets. The silver lining is that a ground game in those barely missed states might pay off in a few election cycles provided they keep at it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Well Florida has traditionally been the key swing state, but polls were starting to show that Trump had it locked down.

I agree with you that the rust belt states are the key though, it's looking razor thin in Michigan, though I expect mail in ballots favour the Democrats at this point.

All that being said, I'm pleasantly surprised that Biden may have flipped Arizona, it might end up being the story of the election.

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    So, after this gets certified and Biden eeks out a win I'm likely just going to stay in my house until after the inauguration.

I'm not trying to be a victim of a hate crime, which will definitely go up during the lame duck session.
    Well Biden will have to deal with Trump challenging the votes in courts. If he clears that, then we should worry about the hate crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Well Biden will have to deal with Trump challenging the votes in courts. If he clears that, then we should worry about the hate crimes.
    It was said that Biden brought in several thousand (?) lawyers to fight this if need be.

One key point, Biden's lawyers are more likely to actually be experienced, competent, and intelligent.

Trump's lawyers.....we've already seen them in action.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

So if Biden wins, gee that's great, but the fact that America did not make a grand refutation of Trump's bullshit is disheartening to say the least.

Be safe the next few days (at least) those of you, who may be more vulnerable, depending on where you live, and who you are. No matter who wins, things have a potential to get nasty out there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I checked it on 270towin

The Washington Post interpretation or the voting leaves Biden with 270 exactly, and Trump with 268.

Most others are similar though they are less willing to bet on the outcomes of some states.

Wining the EC by 2 points isn't good. All it would take is a few unfaithful electors to switch their votes. Plus Trump is going to pushing this up to the SCOTUS, coming up with any kind of crazy argument to prove he won and Biden didn't.

Now, if just one more state went with Biden over Trump, that would clinch it.
    270 to 268 is razor thin, but a win is a win, those little congressional votes in Maine and Nebraska really mean a lot don't they. The results will probably start to settle in by the end of the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It was said that Biden brought in several thousand (?) lawyers to fight this if need be.

One key point, Biden's lawyers are more likely to actually be experienced, competent, and intelligent.

Trump's lawyers.....we've already seen them in action.
    That would be awesome if he did.

Extraordinary Member

The courts won’t matter. 2000 was a recount issue. Biden won’t need a recount. Trump will be begging for one and the precedents in a lot of those were set with Bush v. Gore. So ironically having a court stacked with people on that case probably helps Biden lol

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    So if Biden wins, gee that's great, but the fact that America did not make a grand refutation of Trump's bullshit is disheartening to say the least.

Be safe the next few days (at least) those of you, who may be more vulnerable, depending on where you live, and who you are. No matter who wins, things have a potential to get nasty out there.
    I wish I was shocked, I really do. Stay safe everyone, it might be a rough week.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post

The thing with Trump is I don't even think he really wants to be President. He just loves the attention and admiration being President brings him. There probably wasn't anyone more surprised he won in 2016 than him.

The other thing is I think he hates losing. He sees this as the ultimate popularity contest or competition, which is why I think he's been planting the "voter fraud" argument for the last couple of months now. Even if he loses ultimately he can always claim the election was rigged and people will believe him.

Having said that, again because he appeals to the extreme right wing and doesn't adhere to the PC movement, there's a large sect of America that loves him. I also think there were people who were worried that a Biden Presidency would bring about national enforcement of Covid-19 protocols, which many states (such as Florida) aren't wanting to do.