Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    In all seriousness, who gives a flying f**K about Hunter Biden? Especially after 4 years of Trump and all of his children enriching themselves off of his Presidency?

As for the so-called 'Stolen Election', hate to burst your bubble, but it wasn't stolen. Trump was in the lead early because he was the incumbant, and the Democrats were still jockeying for the nomination. Then before a true campaign could even really get started, the pandemic hit. Then Trumps complete mismanagement of it led to the deaths of 500,000 Americans, which MAY have impacted his polling somewhat (that was sarcasm incase you didn't get it).

Then Trump got more votes than any incumbent President had ever gotten, but Biden got even more than that. That was because absentee and mail-in balloting was more heavily used in this election than in any prior election, again, due to the pandemic. And as for the few cases of voter fraud that have been reported? Big surprise- it was usually a one-off, and almost always a Republican (I can't think of a single case where it was for the Democrats, but odds are one or two would be, so there that is). There was no systematic attempt at voter fraud. Every single investigation in every single state has proven that. It has proven that for years.

Tump lost, Biden won. Get over it. And if you can't, there's another election in 4 years.
    The "stolen election" thing is just sooooo stupid. Lets just say it is.

It's a childish, made-up event to pander to grown men and women that are so used to being politically pampered that glaring truths hurt them.

Trump was, is and will never be a popular President amongst most Americans. He never came close to winning the popular votes in any of the general elections.

This stuff is very easy to understand and doesn't really require any more analysis.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-23-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    So did tuck carlson eventually 'reveal' what was in Hunter's laptop or did he just dangle the carrot for his viewers?
    Does the truth depend on whether Tucker had something to say about it or not ? Chris Cuomo any better or less a blowhard? Hate to whatabout it but really give people some credit for knowing what is actual reporting and what is buttering the audience.

I think this is my first time sounding the call on here: Oh, WBE-eeeeeee!!!

Paul LePage is back:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...rrified-513745
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Don't bother clicking the link people. The NY Times Post is neither the Times or the Post. It is a hack right wing internet site.
    They're counting on people who live in cities where two papers have merged to believe that things have gotten so bad for the "Failing" New York Times that they had to merge with the New York Post.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Al Franken has a new comedy tour. His targets? Former Senate colleagues.

NORTHAMPTON, Mass. — For more than eight years in the Senate, Al Franken largely stifled the funny, as though he coexisted with a powerful alter ego in desperate need of submission: Senator Franken and "Saturday Night Live" Al. He had to watch everything he said. He dared to be dull.

No longer. Now, everything is political roadkill for his new comedy tour.

The recovering politician visited this bucolic college town Saturday to launch “The Only Former U.S. Senator Currently on Tour Tour,” which pokes fun at several of Franken’s former colleagues. Actually, make that many.

This is his first extended stand-up stint since he resigned from the U.S. Senate in January 2018 after several women accused him of groping during photo sessions and inappropriate kissing, allegations he has vigorously denied. If he no longer sits in Congress, if he did not receive the due process that he sorely wishes he had, why, Franken can bite the hands that once amicably slapped his back.
    “I have the freedom to do many things. It’s very hard as a Senator to do a comedy tour,” he said in an interview a few days before the show. A previous tour ended early because of covid.

Unlike the Senate, Franken is bipartisan in his targets. Republicans such as Mitch McConnell, Chuck Grassley, Lindsey Graham and former member Tom Coburn are mocked, occasionally drubbed. Also, fellow Democrats Bernie Sanders, Dianne Feinstein and Charles Schumer.

But mostly, Ted Cruz.

What wife shtick was for Henny Youngman and drug humor for Robin Williams, the Texas Republican is for Franken. He can deliver a tight five minutes.
    “I like Ted Cruz more than most of my colleagues like Ted Cruz. And I really hate Ted Cruz,” Franken, 70, told the nearly sold-out crowd at the 803-seat Academy of Music, which listed decidedly toward fans who were old enough to enjoy the initial years of “Saturday Night Live” live.
    For those fluent in the Frankenverse, this is a joke that he tells so often it’s emblazoned on online merch, a mug or pint glass for $20 each. Franken’s finest Cruz bit, his chef’s kiss, involves fellow Minnesota Democrat Sen. Amy Klobuchar, a luxury ocean liner and an unprintable bodily function. It rarely fails to kill.

The 15-city tour draws largely from Franken’s years in Congress and the greatest hits from his 2017 memoir “Giant of the Senate.” The SNL years are dispensed with swiftly.

Two years ago, Franken told the New Yorker that he “absolutely” regretted his resignation. Today, what does he miss about the Senate? Almost everything.

“The job is so friggin’ great,” he said onstage.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    The US has been divided for decades but I think mob mentality and internet anonymity made it worse. I live in a swing state and, outside protests, people don't behave this way when they are out.
    Okay, and yeah i now the devide been there for decades, but just seems like it gotten really bad the last 5-10 years and even worse last couple of year.... I think its sad, such a great country can not figure out things in a civil way

In all seriousness, who gives a flying f**K about Hunter Biden? Especially after 4 years of Trump and all of his children enriching themselves off of his Presidency?

As for the so-called 'Stolen Election', hate to burst your bubble, but it wasn't stolen. Trump was in the lead early because he was the incumbant, and the Democrats were still jockeying for the nomination. Then before a true campaign could even really get started, the pandemic hit. Then Trumps complete mismanagement of it led to the deaths of 500,000 Americans, which MAY have impacted his polling somewhat (that was sarcasm incase you didn't get it).

Then Trump got more votes than any incumbent President had ever gotten, but Biden got even more than that. That was because absentee and mail-in balloting was more heavily used in this election than in any prior election, again, due to the pandemic. And as for the few cases of voter fraud that have been reported? Big surprise- it was usually a one-off, and almost always a Republican (I can't think of a single case where it was for the Democrats, but odds are one or two would be, so there that is). There was no systematic attempt at voter fraud. Every single investigation in every single state has proven that. It has proven that for years.

Tump lost, Biden won. Get over it. And if you can't, there's another election in 4 years.
    The sad thing is after the 2024 election we will have to listen to this all again. Even if it is not Trump running but some other GOP member. They are alrady setting up for claiming voter fraud with all these voter restrictions and crap. And even in states they passed they will still claim fraud. Hell look at that dumbass in California who claimed fruad before the voting even started.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The "stolen election" thing is just sooooo stupid. Lets just say it is.

It's a childish, made-up event to pander to grown men and women that are so used to being politically pampered that glaring truths hurt them.

Trump was, is and will never be a popular President amongst most Americans. He never came close to winning the popular votes in any of the general elections.

This stuff is very easy to understand and doesn't really require any more analysis.
    I would like to see a break down of votes in person and mail in ballots as evidence - I think that would settle a lot more than a claim and dismissal. I had hopes that the recent PA investigation would put this out by investigating supposed voters.

I am reminded too much of how this is like clarity about Covid science vs. authority - For weeks I would read or hear the back and forth on message boards or press stories about the unvaccinated being a danger. The claims on both side were for the most part beside the point. What is it about the unvaccinated that makes them a danger to anyone besides themselves? Finally I heard a Doctor on the radio explain about viral loads in the infected and the variance between the unvacs carrier and the breakthrough carrier. Is that so hard for News orgs like CNN or the Times to do or put before experts?
    Last edited by Xheight; 09-23-2021 at 09:00 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    No, but that is what this is about. They plan to paralyze the Government and then blame the Democrats for getting nothing done. You would think voters wouldn't be fooled by this, but the past shows us they easily are. And how are the Democrats fighting dirty? This is on the Republicans.

As far as coming here, it's not as bad as the News might show. We do not have a Civil War fighting in the streets.Where in the US would you be coming to?
    I see what you mean... of course, for me it does not look like the democrats are fighting dirty, at least like the republicans. I dont live there, so its not always easy to follow up on most things. Yeah some people easily get fooled, the same thing is happening in denmark, though its not as extreme like in the US. For me it just makes me sad, that a country like the US, who should lead the waay for the rest of the world, they dont do anymore
    We will start in San Francisco down south and follow the south al the way to new orleans and then memphis 4 weeks trip

In all seriousness, who gives a flying f**K about Hunter Biden? Especially after 4 years of Trump and all of his children enriching themselves off of his Presidency?.
    It matters in putting away the question of media bias and the legs of an impeachment's legitimacy. Was that just a dog and pony show? Are you okay with Campaigns being about vague impressions and painted caricature?
    Where is the accountability of the twitterati?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    They're counting on people who live in cities where two papers have merged to believe that things have gotten so bad for the "Failing" New York Times that they had to merge with the New York Post.
    For as much as conservatives claim to hate the NYT and WaPo, they sure love to make copycat publications with similar names intended to confuse people into thinking they're reading from a reputable source.

Quote Originally Posted by DKnerd View Post
    Okay, and yeah i now the devide been there for decades, but just seems like it gotten really bad the last 5-10 years and even worse last couple of year.... I think its sad, such a great country can not figure out things in a civil way
    Political divisions are not just the result of some petty slapfight that got out of hand, they are the product of longstanding conflicts between groups of people with drastically opposed interests that can't just resolved by playing nice. And whenever the two sides can agree on something, we can all be certain that it's going to be absolutely awful and wrong for everyone.
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 09-23-2021 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    No election was stolen.

Not a single shred of evidence that points to the last Presidential election being stolen was presented in any court of law to adjudicate this.

The stolen election is a complete fabrication. Stop spreading this lie, it really damages your credibility.
    Because courts of law are the only way we know about the truth? pull the other leg.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I hope you don't mind me responding. Midterm elections aren't as clear cut as some people think. It's true that in recent years many presidents didn't fair so well as far as increasing the numbers of their own party members in Congress, but that isn't always the case.

Nothing is certain until the last votes are counted.

As for visiting the US, don't let politics scare you away. The US isn't in as bad a shape as you might think. As with many countries, we've had our ups and downs, and yet we are still here.
    Okay, coming from denmark, I personally sometimes think, the system seems odd. also I sometimes find it a bit amusing, that many Americans straight away think communisme, when someone says the word social (my friends in the states say the same :-D )

Hehe I will come as soon as I can, I love the states and the people, amazing nature, culture (Actually was VERY close to move there and work in the states in 2000) but not gonna buy plane ticket, car etc - if it goes south over there True, all countries have ups and downs I will book plane soon im sure

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    For as much as conservatives claim to hate the NYT and WaPo, they sure love to make copycat publications with similar names intended to confuse people into thinking they're reading from a reputable source.
    That's not exactly true. The New York Post was founded in 1801 by Alexander Hamilton as the New York Evening Post. It went from a somewhat respected Newspaper to a tabloid in the mid-20th century.

The Washington Times is a different story.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    I would like to see a break down of votes in person and mail in ballots as evidence - I think that would settle a lot more than a claim and dismissal. I had hopes that the recent PA investigation would put this out by investigating supposed voters.

I am reminded too much of how this is like clarity about Covid science vs. authority - For weeks I would read or hear the back and forth on message boards or press stories about the unvaccinated being a danger. The claims on both side were for the most part beside the point. What is it about the unvaccinated that makes them a danger to anyone besides themselves? Finally I heard a Doctor on the radio explain about viral loads in the infected and the variance between the unvacs carrier and the breakthrough carrier. Is that so hard for News orgs like CNN or the Times to do or put before experts?
    Because a small percent of vaccinated people still get COVID. And the longer the virus lingers BECAUSE of unvaxed people, the more likelihood of a new strain that can hit the vaccinated. There is no legitimate argument against the vaccine. No matter what some doctor on the radio said.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!