Page 887 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 38778783787788388488588688788888989089189793798713871887 ... LastLast
Results 13,291 to 13,305 of 75153
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    So, a Roman Empire type outcome. Yeah, I could say that happening.
    That's the last thing America, Canada or any other country (neighbouring or not) needs. As bad as things seem now, at least there's a chance of things getting better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    That's the last thing America, Canada or any other country (neighbouring or not) needs. As bad as things seem now, at least there's a chance of things getting better.
    It's fine! Since the US has it coming for some bad apples if anything happens to Canada because of this anyone could just say the bad voters in Canada made the reckoning necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I am sure that will go well for Canada as well. More hurricanes for your models!
    Hahaha, it is what it is.

"May you live in interesting times" was actually a Chinese saying and a curse.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It's fine! Since the US has it coming for some bad apples if anything happens to Canada because of this anyone could just say the bad voters in Canada made the reckoning necessary...
    Well, there is Quebec and Alberta they sort of deserve it, I kid.

Mighty Member

Yet you say this is all because you want things to get better. You must have a different idea of better than the rest of us. But I think that was obvious last week.

Well, there is Quebec and Alberta they sort of deserve it, I kid.
    I don't think you do.

BANNED

This, countries like the US when they hit hard times tend to flock behind the first person to make it go away, regardless of character.
    With America, the collapse of party politics and a system on that will lead in turn to military government of some kind. The odds of that happening are far stronger than anything else.

So now we are indulging in pidgin Orientalism. "May you live in interesting times" was a meme developed in the west and misattributed to the Chinese, it's not a real Chinese saying at all.

I have grave doubts about your career as a pol.sci. expert if you don't even know this much and perpetrate stereotypes like this.

So, a Roman Empire type outcome. Yeah, I could say that happening.
    That you can supply this reply so bloodlessly tells all of us here all that needs to be said about the kind of views you truly hold. For all my disagreements with Mr. Sobchak, I kind of do share his sentiments about nihilism.

Sobchak Nihilists Meme.jpg

Yet you say this is all because you want things to get better. You must have a different idea of better than the rest of us. But I think that was obvious last week.
    Before things get better they often have to get worse. Japan and Western Europe had their best periods ever about twenty years after World War II. Destruction is often necessary for creation, take a forest fire for example that cleans out the old growth for new trees.

Mighty Member

Before things get better they often have to get worse. Japan and Western Europe had their best periods ever about twenty years after World War II. Destruction is often necessary for creation, take a forest fire for example that cleans out the old growth for new trees.
    I think I am going to side with Jack on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

That you can supply this reply so bloodlessly tells all of us here all that needs to be said about the kind of views you truly hold. For all my disagreements with Mr. Sobchak, I kind of do share his sentiments about nihilism.
    Last weeks banning for trolling was all the proof needed.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Of course a lot of times an out of control forest fire can destroy the very land for new trees.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I don't know why you guys even bother with them. Got banned for **** posting last week. Nuff said.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I don't know why you guys even bother with them. Got banned for **** posting last week. Nuff said.
    I couldn't let the moral grandstanding after such a thing go unanswered. Although in all likely it's just another form of what happened last week. But letting trumpism go unchallanged in such dangerous times is why we got into such times to begin with.

Please don't break the thread this close to the election ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Trump just stormed out of his 60 minutes interview.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    On Twitter he's now trying to shame Stahl in the interview claiming how she didn't wear a mask to interview him. Its the most stupid bizarre deal and its to try and make the media look wrong.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Oh this i gotta see when I get home.