Mcconnell republicans just announced they will try (and fail) to overturn the election tomorrow to make trump dictator. The republican party’s leaders really hate democracy.

Ted Cruz has convinced a number of Republican Senators to oppose the election results.

Sen. Cruz
    Sen. Johnson
    Sen. Lankford
    Sen. Daines
    Sen. Kennedy
    Sen. Blackburn
    Sen. Braun
    Senators-Elect:
    Lummis
    Marshall
    Hagerty
    Tuberville
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Prediction: Denialism will be the new Birtherism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And why is it always asked of Democrats to reach across. You never hear about the need for Republican Administrations to appoint Democrats. Not with Reagan or either Bush and especially not with Trump. And that is with two of them losing the popular vote. But the idea they had a "mandate" to rule as they wish was not challenged. But Clinton, Obama and now Biden, must heal a nation the GOP divided.
    Because the GOP is now a party of extremists and Democrats are the hated enemy. In that atmosphere, cooperation is equal to betrayal.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 01-02-2021 at 11:34 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Because the GOP is now a party of extremists and in that atmosphere, cooperation is equal to betrayal.
    Not asking why the GOP doesn't do it, you are right. The question is why is it never asked of them by the media and independents the way it is of the Democrats.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

deleted post
    Last edited by Kirby101; 01-02-2021 at 11:40 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I used to be a registered Republican (back when I lived in New York), but nowadays I see the party slogan more and more as being "Death to America!", or at least the Constitution.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its fun to watch Republican party splinter more. McConnell warned them to not do this because they'd have to vote them down against Donald Trump weeks ago. Which causes more hell comically. If no one remembers Ted Cruz led the 2013 Government shut down trying to stop the ACA. The effect was Cruz came across so badly many senators in his own party would not endorse him 2-3 years later for President due to this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Mighty Member

Prediction: Denialism will be the new Birtherism.

Because the GOP is now a party of extremists and Democrats are the hated enemy. In that atmosphere, cooperation is equal to betrayal.
    And Republican discourse is only bigoted trolling and the pandering of conspiracy theories.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A question: If the election results were to be overturned (not that it will happen), would that mean the four senators-elect dragged into this nonsense be rendered null and void? Clearly Republicans aren’t much for thinking things out.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Sometimes I think the Dem leadership has been too long in Washington and so is too close to the problem. Seeing the same members of the opposition at most of the same state functions and in the gym and their kid's school events I wonder if they forget how much of an impact those same people's crazy rhetoric and grandstanding bs has on the rest of the nation.
    It's not that simple. A large portion of the base and fence sitters, vital voting blocs, think bipartisanship means Democrats must be the ones to reach out, as well as the GOP and conservative media pushing the narrative that for higher standards with Democrats and how bipartisanship is baked into a functioning government or we have a failed state. When politicians sop working together people die from their lack of action and the Democrats will get blamed for this. It's not about forgetting the impact, it's about them not being able too fix everything due to how the government is structured and the GOP and conservative Democrats will hinder any progress they make to protect people. And don't act like the left don't like grandstanding, they just don't like grandstanding when the Democrats do that for other factions in the party in the coalition. This focus in blaming Democrats is why the Democrats lose faith in voters in midterms when they can't perform miracles in 2 years when they're elected majorities because people underestimate how dysfunctional the country has been made by the GOP.

Not asking why the GOP doesn't do it, you are right. The question is why is it never asked of them by the media and independents the way it is of the Democrats.
    I can't come up with a plausible answer beyond maybe media people know in their hearts it wouldn't happen so why bother asking.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A question: If the election results were to be overturned (not that it will happen), would that mean the four senators-elect dragged into this nonsense be rendered null and void? Clearly Republicans aren’t much for thinking things out.
    That's how we know they're full of s**t and don't actually expect their grandstanding to go anywhere.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 01-02-2021 at 04:58 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I can't come up with a plausible answer beyond maybe media people know in their hearts it wouldn't happen so why bother asking.
    One "Left Of Where 'Actual' Center Voter's Take..." -

Pretty sure that I have already said at least a couple of times that the Republican Party is a total lost cause.

Once that is established, the question being posed doesn't even make any sense. It might as well be...

"Hey, You Know That Car You Had That Got Totaled In That Wreck That Is Down At The Scrapyard? Why Don't You Think About Getting It Back On The Road?..."

It's so nonsensical that someone even wanting you to seriously address it is foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its fun to watch Republican party splinter more. McConnell warned them to not do this because they'd have to vote them down against Donald Trump weeks ago. Which causes more hell comically. If no one remembers Ted Cruz led the 2013 Government shut down trying to stop the ACA. The effect was Cruz came across so badly many senators in his own party would not endorse him 2-3 years later for President due to this.
    Ted Cruz has often been referred to as the Most Hated Man in the Senate, even within his own Party.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Ted Cruz has often been referred to as the Most Hated Man in the Senate, even within his own Party.
    The guy in question knows good and well that he is on a road to nowhere.

Any of the "I Can't Take A Flamethrower To My Future..." sort of thinking that might get someone else to think twice?

Non-Issue.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Was it him or Rubio that Trump was saying was the Zodiac Killer for a while?

Wonder what he would do if he lost his seat, but also how does he keep winning it anyway?