Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm putting you on ignore
    In other threads he is a friendly and helpful poster. It's just here where he gets annoying.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Ultimate Member

While not up to Trump's level Biden is no saint either, he will have his own flubs and such...it's only a matter of time...and how bad they are...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    We'd all grown used to the pressure, now we don't know how to react after its gone
    The fact a lunatic like Trump had his grubby mitts on the nuclear football for four years was enough to give most people sleepless nights. Thank god that’s no longer a concern.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The fact a lunatic like Trump had his grubby mitts on the nuclear football for four years was enough to give most people sleepless nights. Thank god that’s no longer a concern.
    I wonder how many covert operations and sources had to be suspended. It's not like Trump had Mission: Impossible's NOC list in his pocket when he left town, but sometimes telling somebody what you know is enough for them to figure out how you got it. Even if he's not actually an operated asset, Trump's desperate enough to impress guys like Putin that there's no telling what he might blurt.

I hope somebody was keeping a careful dossier of what intel Trump was given; they'd have to at least consider that all of the sources are now compromised.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I wonder how many covert operations and sources had to be suspended. It's not like Trump had Mission: Impossible's NOC list in his pocket when he left town, but sometimes telling somebody what you know is enough for them to figure out how you got it. Even if he's not actually an operated asset, Trump's desperate enough to impress guys like Putin that there's no telling what he might blurt.

I hope somebody was keeping a careful dossier of what intel Trump was given; they'd have to at least consider that all of the sources are now compromised.
    The thing with Trump is that he's stupid and inattentive and lazy. So even if he gave intel there would be limits as to how useful it could be because Trump wasn't paying attention to most of the stuff happening.

Rand Paul outraged by the wrong part of Biden's inaugural address

Early on in President Joe Biden's inaugural address, he took stock of the many profound challenges facing the United States, referenced the "once-in-a-century virus," the millions of jobs lost, the need for racial justice, and the climate crisis.

But in the next breath, Biden added, "And now, a rise in political extremism, white supremacy, domestic terrorism that we must confront and we will defeat."

As the Lexington Herald-Leader noted, it was apparently a line Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) had a problem with.
    "If you read his speech and listen to it carefully, much of it is thinly-veiled innuendo calling us white supremacists, calling us racists, calling us every name in the book, calling us people who don't tell the truth," Paul said on Fox News Primetime.
    "Calling us"?? So, he identifies with the people who stormed the Capitol building, he identifies with the people who marched through Charlottesville, he identifies with militants who tried to kidnap the Governor of Michigan.
    Last edited by Tami; 01-21-2021 at 02:09 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Boisterously Confused

I always expected that Trump and the Proud Boys were just exploiting each other. Now it's official.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    In other threads he is a friendly and helpful poster. It's just here where he gets annoying.
    I agree. I've enjoyed his posts in the Criminal/Bru-Phillips threads. But I post here more than there. So it is what it is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Rand Paul outraged by the wrong part of Biden's inaugural address

"Calling us"?? So, he identifies with the people who stormed the Capitol building, he identifies with the people who marched through Charlottesville, he identifies with militants who tried to kidnap the Governor of Michigan.
    Carl Rove remarked on the same line saying he got "offended"

That they constantly have to bring up their "victim stance" whenever someone mentions racism says everything. Biden didn't say anything that should have been offensive to anyone except a racist.
    We already know the threat white supremacists face with domestic terrorism. Its been the top threat in intelligence briefings many times. But, has been ignored and "both sides" false equivalencies for years especially under the last administration.

When all these right wing hosts etc were complaining about the thousands of followers they lost when twitter cracked down after Jan 6th they are just showing they are followed by tons of white supremacists and insurrectionists.

What is offensive is having to acknowledge it. Having to explain why they pander to a deplorable base of them. You can't claim you are innocent if you are right there at rallies with them and champion policies etc they love. You got something in common...why get all mad when its pointed out?

They HATE when they have to address the elephant in the room. Its easier to make up conspiracies like the White Supremacists were really secret Antifa. Than to deal with why White supremacists are the hardcore Maga crowd that every other republican that may not be just as racist. But, they have no problem being racist adjacent and supporting policies that the white supremacists love.

The entire premise of their "Big Lie" that the election was stolen and their was fraud is inherently racist. They wanted to throw away millions of black voters choices because they didnt like it. And they were not ashamed of it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I agree. I've enjoyed his posts in the Criminal/Bru-Phillips threads. But I post here more than there. So it is what it is.
    Everyone's annoying when you talk politics.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Lol, there's some truth to that!

This board is a realm of relative sanity. FB is a kaleidoscope of idiocy more than ever. Biden's going to sell us out to China. Biden's giving away jobs already by getting us back into the Paris Accords (in other words, thinking long term gain instead of short term gain and moving us away from industries that have a time limit on their existence to begin with toward industries that have a future).

I haven't verified it yet but, supposedly, Ted Nugent sent a letter to Biden today, addressing him as Vice-President, and invoking at least two whack job conspiracies in what I read of it, one being the idea that the Democrats made up the whole Russian report. You know, the leaks every intelligence agency we have verifies and says were designed to help Trump win in 20126.

Reminds me of someone who said the Internet is a realm of endless information and a global society to which someone else said that it does have the potential to be that but that potential will never be fulfilled as long as it's used in reality for misinformation by a bunch of prehistoric whack jobs with a totality tribal mentality.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If showing Trump's tax returns might help discourage any still-Trump-followers and further show how he (Trump) used and misled them for all these years, it's worth it.
    In principal, yes. But, in reality, after everything he has said and done including inciting a riot to overthrow the legitimate results of an election, and they *still* stand by him, believe everything he says, support everything he does, do you honestly believe there is anything he can say or do that will change their so-called minds in the slightest?
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

I remember a super old TV movie were this kid somehow absorbs the entire internet and becomes a super genius (only getting wrong the one fact that's wrong online, heh).

With all these conspiracy theories out there, wonder what they would do to his brain now?

Astonishing Member

I almost feel bad for Trump.

No, not at all actually.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.