Page 508 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 840845849850450550650750850951051151251855860810081508 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 75153
    Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Part of me wanted Warren, but I knew that wasn't in the cards. So, Harris is a good choice.

I feel you.

But you do have to dance with the one who brought you.
    Black voters really wanted to be represented with the VP pick, and, despite the sparring during the primary, I think Kamala complements Biden pretty positively.
    It's good move all-around.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Ultimate Member

:sigh: Kamala Harris is about the same age I am.

I wonder if it is too late for me to do something even 10% as significant as she has.
    Yeah, probably not

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, probably not
    Maybe 5%, I mean there is a chance I might run for public office in the next year or two.

TBH I'm not giving up, there are many ways to make a difference.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

This is just from last year...

lol.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Kamala literally accused Biden of racism not too long ago in the debates just last year, and now she’s his VP.

LMAO.
    Yep. I think this lady is nuts. Nominating Kamala shows Biden lost his.

Maybe that's what he needs, someone to keep him on his feet and warn him of the pitfalls along the way. It might make him a better President than he was as a Senator or VP.
    No. Rice was professional. Harris is a PC Karen.

I'm tired of this freak show. I'm ready to welcome professional leadership.

‘America Doesn’t Have Kings’: GOP Senator Slams Back At Trump Attack

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) snapped back at an imperious attack by President Donald Trump on Monday, angrily reminding him that “America doesn’t have kings.”

Trump accused Sasse earlier Monday of going “rogue” after the Republican senator harshly criticized the president for signing four new executive actions Saturday that the senator said overstepped Trump’s authority. Sasse called them “unconstitutional slop.”

Trump gloated that Sasse “needed my support and endorsement in order to get the Republican nomination” in his state.

“I understand that you’re mad,” Sasse politely began in a statement on his campaign Twitter account. But then he unleashed this: “No president — whether named Obama or Trump or Biden or AOC — has unilateral power to rewrite immigration law or to cut taxes or to raise taxes. This is because America doesn’t have kings.”

He also snapped that he “never asked” for Trump’s endorsement — “nor did I use it in the campaign.”

I agree with National Review writer Jim Geraghty today.

You know, whatever else you think of Kamala Harris, it’s pretty amazing and awesome that immigrants can come to the U.S., meet, marry, have a child, and their daughter can grow up to be DA, state attorney general, U.S. Senator, and on a presidential ticket.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Maybe 5%, I mean there is a chance I might run for public office in the next year or two.

TBH I'm not giving up, there are many ways to make a difference.
    Best of luck on that.

What office are you thinking of?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Kamala literally accused Biden of racism not too long ago in the debates just last year, and now she’s his VP.

LMAO.
    A few decades ago George H W Bush basically called Reagans economic policy utter garbage - it was Bush who coined the term "Voodoo Economics" but he still became VP.

This tells me Biden's priority as president is going to be to de-Trumpify the government. If he had picked Rice I think she would have been a second Secretary of State focusing on rebuilding the relationships Trump did his best to permanently ruin.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Best of luck on that.

What office are you thinking of?
    I was asked/invited to run this year for a local Town Council position but had to turn it down for personal reasons. Still, another chance might come along and who knows?

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

This is just from last year...

lol.
    Your concern is noted.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

I was asked/invited to run this year for a local Town Council position but had to turn it down for personal reasons. Still, another chance might come along and who knows?
    If it happens, good luck. From what I know of you, you would serve with honor.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

LMAO.
    Maybe she had a change of heart.
    Mentally and emotionally stable adults often do when the situation calls for it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Mighty Member

Good choice. Rice would have been the best choice if Biden was going to the distance (8 years)

Kamala is probably the most chrismatic candidate to run for potus in 4 years, if Biden steps aside in 2024.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If anyone doesn't remember Joe Biden himself during primaries questioned Obama's lack of experience. That he was a 1st time senator and didn't have that experience. Obama wanted someone who had been around awhile with that experience and picked Biden. The relationship before had people question it...now the 2 are very close and Obama endorsed him from right after he won the nomination.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.