Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Let's get real for a minute...

The assertion that more than, maybe something like a percentage measured in the thousandths, of the folks in question are even aware that the ten or so folks who regularly participate in this thread do so?

(Never mind the "Baked In..." idea that they take any one of us seriously enough that we would be what their vote hinged on...)

It is laughable.
    That is what I was saying. No one really cares what we have to say about Biden or any other figure enough to make up or change their mind about who they are going to vote for. If the person is already looking for an excuse to not vote for Biden to begin with like was stated in ChadH post then there is a darn good chance they are not going to vote for Biden anyway.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Trump clearly has a mental decline and the GOP seem all willing to throw themselves at his altar again. Before anyone judges Biden they best realize what the alternative is gonna be and his effects now will likely see black market abortions and more dangers with women come to pass if the Supreme Court decision hits. Its gonna get dangerous and be a clear sign ahead this is the effect of voting in a terrible Republican President.
    This is very much agreed with. Trumps reach and packing the courts have gone far beyond his one term. I will take Biden any day. i dont Understand how anyone can look at what has happened and what will happen and say anything different. I heard a news station talking about undecided voters. I didnt know there were any of those left at this point.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That is what I was saying. No one really cares what we have to say about Biden or any other figure enough to make up or change their mind about who they are going to vote for. If the person is already looking for an excuse to not vote for Biden to begin with like was stated in ChadH post then there is a darn good chance they are not going to vote for Biden anyway.
    There are just actual reasons for someone deciding not to vote for Biden...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...from-covid-19/

Remarks by President Biden Celebrating Independence Day and Independence from COVID-⁠19

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Meanwhile, Mark Meadows is saying in his upcoming book that Trump tested positive for COVID-19 three days before the first debate with Biden. Oh, and the Supreme Court is hearing the case today that they will probably use to overturn Roe vs Wade.
    And he and the whole Trump family showed up refusing to wear masks.

They were trying to get Biden sick to kill him. Full stop.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

In there mind there may be. But anything I say or anything on the board wont make them vote for him one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    In there mind there may be. But anything I say or anything on the board wont make them vote for him one way or the other.
    Sure.

That said, it's just hard to buy into the idea that the long odds on that anyone hear could be providing the reason versus the reality that Biden actually declaring "Independence..." from Covid-19 could be that reason.

How dare he be positive and promote vaccinations! The nerve!!

Don’t get me wrong, COVID-19 is — has not been vanquished. We all know powerful variants have emerged, like the Delta variant, but the best defense against these variants is to get vaccinated.

My fellow Americans, it’s the most patriotic thing you can do. So, please, if you haven’t gotten vaccinated, do it — do it now for yourself, for your loved ones, for your community, and for your country.

You know, that’s how we’re going to stay ahead of these variants and protect the hard-won progress we’ve made. We never again want to be where we were a year ago today.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

That he did so is not the issue.

The issue is that declaring "Independence..." from Covid-19 is in the same neck of the woods as "Mission Accomplished..."

If you are looking to give folks a reason not to throw the lever for you?

Either one of those is a good way to do it.

Astonishing Member

"Independence from COVID" probably would have been achieved, had people all received their vaccinations, worn masks, not crowded together, etc., as they should have. The prediction that the threat from the virus would be greatly reduced by early July was based on the assumption that Americans aren't stupid and would therefore do the right things. Bad assumption.

I wonder if there is a president who did much worse when it came to Covid then declaring indepenace from from the virus a bit too early? Im just wondering if there maybe was a guy before Biden that maybe just maybe did things a lot worse then that when it came to his handling of Covid? Can anyone help me out with this?

SSHH! You are ruining the scenario that Biden is a worse President than Trump.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Biden's got us to around 60% of the populace vaccinated after being handed NO PLAN WHATSOEVER on how to do that by the prior administration. In just under a year.

Imagine where that number would be if the GOP weren't actively sabotaging efforts with anti-vaccination rhetoric from its elected officials and propaganda arm in conservative media.

The idea that Biden hasn't stopped Covid-19 is like dogging him out for not getting fifty push-ups done and only getting about thirty when after the first one, a Republican went and sat on his back.

We are leap years ahead of where we were a year ago. Covid-19 not being gone is a ridiculously high bar to clear for him with a highly contagious disease that the Republican party have politically weaponized, rather than try to save as many lives as possible.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 12-01-2021 at 04:41 PM.

On this date in 2014, "Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day" ran a profile of of Charles Fuqua, a candidate for the Arkansas House of Representatives in 2012, who after winning the Republican primary for his seat, the press started to notice had some interesting opinions that he wrote about in his book, “God’s Law”. Like say, that all Muslims should be expelled from the United States. Or that parents should have the right to execute their children, if they’re too “rebellious” by stoning them to death. As you might expect, he did not win office, and seems to know he never will, as he hasn’t resurfaced since in an election.

On this date in 2015, we published our original "Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day" profile of Debbie Dunnegan Waters, the County Recorder for Jefferson County, Missouri. But in October 2014, she drew a hell of a lot of attention after she got on Facebook to post some of her deep thoughts, wondering to everyone why the military just doesn’t take out President Barack Obama in a coup, writing, "I have a question for all my friends who have served or are currently serving in our military … having not put on a uniform nor taken any type military oath, there has to be something that I am just not aware of. But I cannot and do not understand why no action is being taken against our domestic enemy. I know he is supposedly the commander in chief, but the constitution gives you the authority. What am I missing? Thank you for your bravery and may God keep you safe.” Now, obviously, what Ms. Dunnegan Waters was missing was how our nation’s military swear an oath to uphold the constitution, and serving the orders of the rightfully elected president, our chief executive, have a lot to do with that. But when media outlets reported on her comments, she claimed that she meant “no ill intent” by suggesting a military coup take place and that the media was taking something “simple and innocent and twisting it”.

On this date in 2016, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” published a profile about Mitch Holmes, who served as a Kansas state senator from 2012 through 2012, and prior to that, he spent eight years serving in the Kansas House of Representatives. Holmes has a brutally conservative voting record that includes sponsoring a bill to prevent “dismemberment abortions” (to terrify anyone who thinks that’s a thing), support for the failed policy of trying to drug test welfare recipients, and trying to make it easier to impeach Kansas Supreme Court judges (which he resents for overturning a lot of the unconstitutional ideas Holmes and the Kansas GOP have sent to the desk of Gov. Sam Brownback to get rubber-stamped). What truly made Mitch Holmes infamous, though, even among in one of the most conservative state legislatures in the country, was in January of 2016, where for whatever reason, he decided that the State Senate Committee on Ethics and Elections should have an 11 point dress code, all of which was directed at what women wear, and not men. A bipartisan effort by the women of the Kansas State legislature all united to tell Holmes to effectively get bent, and the weight of both Democrats and Republicans giving him the business wilted Holmes enough to warrant an apology for his dress code suggestions. Holmes retired as an embarrassment in 2016.

One this date in both 2017, as well as 2018, “Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” profiled Jason Spencer, a member of the Georgia House of Representatives since the Tea Party Wave in 2010, pictured above with a memorial to another fellow loser from below the Mason-Dixon Line. That’s not a coincidental photo, by any chance, as Spencer’s love of monuments to a failed rebellion fought because 19th century plantation owners were not about to let the federal government tell them they couldn’t keep slaves. And when a Democratic colleague, LaDawn Jones, saw him post the above photo she commented that he should “that he should “get it in … before it is torn down.” Spencer did not take her observation well, and began to retort in a way that sounded like he was threatening to lynch her, responding, “You got that right, they go missing in the Okefenokee .Too many necks they are red around here. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. I cant guarantee you won’t be met with torches but something a lot more definitive.” And after this ugly exchange on social media, the Atlanta-Journal Constitution reached him for comment, he doubled down. Now, if you still have any doubts about whether or not Jason Spencer is a bigoted ***hole, rest assured, there’s more. In November of 2016, he sponsored a ban on burqas in his state. Would you expect that Jason Spencer is also hell bent on anti-immigration law while he’s at it? Because, yeah, he’s got that kind of hatred in spades, too. Back in 2011, while still a freshman lawmaker, he voted for HB 87, Georgia’s draconian anti-immigration law that was so brilliant, it left the state’s agriculture industry with crops rotting in the sun and no workers available to harvest them. Spencer also voted for the state to establish “English only” driver’s tests, which, guess what, the Supreme Court has already ruled that sort of thing unconstitutional. But not all of Jason Spencer’s terrible votes are based on bigotry, some are just motivated by being steeped in conservative ideology that’s either going to be overturned by courts, like his vote for a 20 week abortion ban, his vote to require a Ten Commandments monument be built at the Georgia capitol (again, one state over in Alabama this sort of idiocy was deemed unconstitutional, see Roy Moore), or his desire to see welfare recipients forced to undergo drug testing (a violation of their fourth amendment rights). In 2018, Jason Spencer was one of several Republicans who were interviewed by Sasha Baron Cohen in disguise on his Showtime series “Who is America?”, and in his meeting with Cohen, he was inexplicably suckered into dropping his pants and chasing Cohen around threatening him to touch him with his exposed buttocks, as well as shouting the n-word several times as a part of “anti-terrorist training” on the show, purportedly to “avoid being kidnapped”. Shortly after the footage made it to air and made Spencer even more of a laughing stock than he should have been, he resigned and did not run for re-election in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Biden has always been that way, partly because of his stutter. What people think is a stumble is him changing what words to use to stop himself from stuttering.
    I for one would not embrace Trump's lies about the President, but that's just me.
    A necessary distinction is that when Trump lies it's not that he always knows that he's wrong; he doesn't care. We shouldn't assume just because he says something, the opposite is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's also ignoring that Biden has been through a *lot* emotionally in that time.

Look, I'm not going to see the years don't take their toll, but I won't abide a guy trading in agist bull while at the same time supporting a different eighty year old who got himself smacked in the face by a boxing bag he punched.
    On the questions of ageism, Joe Biden is older than any sitting President has ever been. He is older than any Governor. So there will be special concerns.

A fan of Bernie can suggest that it would be better if he were younger, but that it was worth the tradeoff to support someone with his unique vision and experience. Biden supporters should probably make the case for why it's a good thing that we have someone with his experience. For example, a guy who was in the Senate during the Nixon impeachment has a sense of perspective and long-term vision missing in much political discussion that is dominated by arguments that people will forget about by next week.

But regarding what people notice about his behavior, would they be happier if he were pushing 50 and acting the exact same way?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Has anyone else heard the story of the police officer in Tuson who shot a shoplifter in a wheelchair in the back and side 9 times and killed him?

So the guy stole a toolbox from a Walmart. He pulled a knife out and was rolling past the officers in a moto wheelchair. he was heading into another store and was told to stop. When he didnt the officer shot him 9 times hitting him in the back and side.

So yes the guy in the wheelchair had a criminal record and a knife. But he also had his back to the officer and was you know in a slow moving moto wheelchair. The cop really had no other choice then to fire 9 bullets into his back?