Page 21 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531711215211021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So you expected a Road Warrior apocalypse?
    All Republicans fap furiously at the thought of using their guns on something other than paper targets, wild animals or plastic jugs of water.

It's would be like Christmas, New Years & 4/20 all at once to them.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The rule of law no longer exists and 70,000 Americans died, surely.
    He's likely white (like me) and also lives in a conservative state. The notable effects Trump has in such a place are rather minimal. My state has only recently shifted left and hasn't earned Trump's ire yet.

Trump hasn't directly affected my life directly, but his policies have hit me around the edges. My taxes will be going up slightly since my household income puts me in the working class, some of the stuff I buy has gotten more expensive due to his tariffs (most notably KerryGold butter), and I was always worrying he would shut down the border in a fit of rage and my job (plastics but close to 50% was in support of the auto industry) would close shortly after.

Of course, there is the extensive crap that doesn't affect me directly that worries me despite being targeted elsewhere (Othering rarely limits itself), the effect of single handedly destroying the value of America's word and all that will eventually entail, but if one isn't paying close attention they might not think of what that will mean in the long term.

The partisan judges worry me immensely since they seem to have the mentality that corporations should always have more rights than actual people (this is the part most likely to affect me directly), and weaponizing the first amendment against civil rights is going to come back and bite us big time.

And now we have the who debacle with the Coronavirus 'response', and I have to use quotes to describe that since it only counts as a response in the most generous of terms.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    All Republicans fap furiously at the thought of using their guns on something other than paper targets, wild animals or plastic jugs of water.

It's would be like Christmas, New Years & 4/20 all at once to them.
    They may tell themselves that, but the ones who act like they are most fervently prepping for doomsday are the guys least willing to deal with the current situation.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Isn't there a double indemnity thing that means you can't really go after people a crooked president pardoned or a corrupt AG let go free? I'm not a legalese guy though.
    Double Jeopardy.

Double Indemnity is a classic noir film.

Isn't there a double indemnity thing that means you can't really go after people a crooked president pardoned or a corrupt AG let go free? I'm not a legalese guy though.
    Pardon yes, Barr simply dropped it, and the charges can be reinstated. Also a Federal pardon doesn't stop a State prosecution.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Double Jeopardy.

Double Indemnity is a classic noir film.
    The dad on My Three Sons was actually Walter Neff, escaped murderer

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    The dad on My Three Sons was actually Walter Neff, escaped murderer
    And also who Captain Marvel/Shazam was modeled after.

Captain Marvel is an adulterer and murderer.

Russia Investigation Transcripts and Documents

In 2017 and 2018, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) undertook an investigation into Russia’s interference campaign targeting the 2016 U.S. election. The Committee’s investigation came on the heels of an Intelligence Community assessment, which found:

“Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election. Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The rule of law no longer exists and 70,000 Americans died, surely.
    Do you think a Clinton presidency would have magically prevented the pandemic? She wouldn't say as much idiotic stuff in daily briefings but the pandemic would have still happened and still ravaged the country and world.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Do you think a Clinton presidency would have magically prevented the pandemic? She wouldn't say as much idiotic stuff in daily briefings but the pandemic would have still happened and still ravaged the country and world.
    But to this level? I find that harder to believe. She would have reacted sooner, worked towards preventing the economy from completely tanking, she wouldn't have stolen and hoarded supplies that are suppose to go to states, she wouldn't have downplayed it and say it would have magically gone away, and so on.

Things would have been a whole lot better if we had some competency in play.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    He's likely white (like me) and also lives in a conservative state. The notable effects Trump has in such a place are rather minimal. My state has only recently shifted left and hasn't earned Trump's ire yet.

Trump hasn't directly affected my life directly, but his policies have hit me around the edges. My taxes will be going up slightly since my household income puts me in the working class, some of the stuff I buy has gotten more expensive due to his tariffs (most notably KerryGold butter), and I was always worrying he would shut down the border in a fit of rage and my job (plastics but close to 50% was in support of the auto industry) would close shortly after.
    Very conservative state as I basically said when I brought up that Trump got 60% of the vote here. So really the only way to make my presidential vote matter is 3rd party in hopes that someday we will get better options than crap sandwich #1 or crap sandwich #2 which is what the liberals and conservatives throw at us.

The only direct way Trump has affected me is the tax cuts he passed means more money in pocket overall. I'm aghast at some of the stupid things he says but policy wise he really isn't that much different. Many people are blinded by partisan blindness acting like immigration camps on the border are something new and didn't exist during the Obama years.

On the flip side Obamacare screwed me up the ass without lube. My employer attracted employees with its great benefits despite pay that was actually lower than comparable jobs in the region. Our health insurance plan was considered the gold standard of the state. Then comes Obamacare and our benefits fell under the tax that great plans like ours would get as a penalty for being too good. So our benefits and healthcare got gutted while having our out of pocket monthly costs go up astronomically. Our pay didn't go up though. So basically the net effect was a massive paycut and reduced benefits.

I'm basically fed up with both sides as all they do is screw you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    But to this level? I find that harder to believe. She would have reacted sooner, worked towards preventing the economy from completely tanking, she wouldn't have stolen and hoarded supplies that are suppose to go to states, she wouldn't have downplayed it and say it would have magically gone away, and so on.

Things would have been a whole lot better if we had some competency in play.
    You could probably write a full paper merely about what she WOULDN'T have done.

That's a lot of whistleblowers.

Here's the first of 13 coming this week and next.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Very conservative state as I basically said when I brought up that Trump got 60% of the vote here. So really the only way to make my presidential vote matter is 3rd party in hopes that someday we will get better options than crap sandwich #1 or crap sandwich #2 which is what the liberals and conservatives throw at us.

The only direct way Trump has affected me is the tax cuts he passed means more money in pocket overall. I'm aghast at some of the stupid things he says but policy wise he really isn't that much different. Many people are blinded by partisan blindness acting like immigration camps on the border are something new and didn't exist during the Obama years.

On the flip side Obamacare screwed me up the ass without lube. My employer attracted employees with its great benefits despite pay that was actually lower than comparable jobs in the region. Our health insurance plan was considered the gold standard of the state. Then comes Obamacare and our benefits fell under the tax that great plans like ours would get as a penalty for being too good. So our benefits and healthcare got gutted while having our out of pocket monthly costs go up astronomically. Our pay didn't go up though. So basically the net effect was a massive paycut and reduced benefits.

I'm basically fed up with both sides as all they do is screw you.
    On Obamacare I wasn't affected - my job at the time had health insurance, but in the Upstate NY area I was in at the time insurers didn't like providing care there unless they could make a killing rather than the modest profit they got, so our insurers changed every 3-4 years, and costs were always going up every year already. The only change the ACA did for me was provide someone for our insurers to blame for the price jumps they were hitting us with before anyways.

I have always maintained that the so-called cadillac tax on insurance was poorly thought out - I don't think they collected very much revenue since most companies just cut insurance to avoid paying it (with the exception of those guys with big offices, of course) and pocketed the money entirely while blaming everything on Obamacare. While half of it is the fault of the law, the other half was just corporate greed (or bureaucratic bean counting) hiding behind a ready made excuse to do what they had wanted to do for years.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Trump actually hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected. Thats not saying he is good but if you separate what he says from what actual actions are taken he's pretty much what you would expect from any republican president. And congress has largely neutered many of his more extreme actions. He is still a raging asshat and an embarrassment but Hilary Clinton is still Hilary Clinton and as I said there is nothing that could make me vote for her short of unrealistic scenarios like "vote for Hilary or I'll kill your child."

No regrets and I still wouldn't vote for her.
    You still haven't explained why you feel like this about Hillary Clinton. Why is she worse than Trump? You're saying he's good compared to Clinton.

BTW, my vote didn't matter anyway as I'm not in a swing state. Trump got 60% of the vote while Clinton got a measly 27%. So even if you give every third party vote to her she still loses by a huge margin.
    Every vote matters, this sounds more like an excuse to than anything. Except third party's aren't relevant, you can vote for them all you want that won't any less true.