Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh sure, let’s advertise to the world that Kevlar backpacks are a thing. So, the next time there’s a school shooting, the bad guys will either shoot kids in the head, or in the legs to sever the femoral artery, leaving victims to bleed out. What in the hell are we doing here?
    Head shots and leg shots are statistically harder to pull off than torso shots, so having these still increase overall survivability. That said it's not a solution, or even a stopgap. We need gun reform laws, but until we've collectively had enough to run the republicans out, tarred, feathered, and on a rail, we don't have good options.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert that the maniac who murdered ten people in a Buffalo supermarket last year was sentenced to life in prison without parole. Good! I hope he rots behind bars.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm sorry, but for Qpublicans to squirm as you'd like them to do would require their having a conscience and empathy for the victims of gun violence, and we both know those bastards possess neither. If such a hearing were to take place, I could imagine them openly looking bored as hell, idly checking their watches while impatiently waiting for it to end so they can rush right out to the nearest watering hole to get liquored up and laugh at the folly of thinking some sob story could change their minds about enacting meaningful gun control. As long as the checks from the NRA keep clearing, those cretins flat out don't give a damn if the streets run red with innocent blood.
    Republicans have often called these incidents “the price of freedom “.
    No amount of dead children is too high a price to pay it seems.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Oh man, they are evil:
    Much of their strategy appeared to revolve around disrupting or sabotaging rival campaigns: the team even claimed to have sent a sex toy delivered via Amazon to the home of a politician, with the aim of giving his wife the false impression he was having an affair.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Head shots and leg shots are statistically harder to pull off than torso shots, so having these still increase overall survivability. That said it's not a solution, or even a stopgap. We need gun reform laws, but until we've collectively had enough to run the republicans out, tarred, feathered, and on a rail, we don't have good options.
    Plus in a lot of these situations the gunman is not taking the time to aim. They just fire at whoever they see.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Speaking of guns. My Redneck neighbors are over there shooting handguns into the woods behind the houses even as we speak. They do this 2 or 3 days a week.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Come on man, you have to know that your response was the wrong way to go so what harm is there in admitting that it was a tone deaf response and moving on?
    You’re missing the point that Republicans making excuses like that are their way of absolving themselves of the fact they’re tacitly approving of these incidents. Or at least not speaking out to help prevent them.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Plus in a lot of these situations the gunman is not taking the time to aim. They just fire at whoever they see.
    Sure, but, in hostage situations like Uvalde, a shooter would have plenty of time to take head shots.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Speaking of guns. My Redneck neighbors are over there shooting handguns into the woods behind the houses even as we speak. They do this 2 or 3 days a week.
    This is the type of stuff I was referring to earlier.

There's nothing stopping one of those rednecks from going on a violent rampage one day. Literally nothing.

Stay safe folks.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh WBE! Have you got Shane Jet of Oklahoma? He's a real POS.

I am listening to one of the worst testimonies I have ever heard from an anti-trans senator in Oklahoma.

He's claiming that "doctors will take skin from your little girls arm and sew it down there"

He's then compares affirming parents to parents who kill their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This is the type of stuff I was referring to earlier.

There's nothing stopping one of those rednecks from going on a violent rampage one day. Literally nothing.

Stay safe folks.
    They are dangerous people. They drink, they do drugs, they have been to jail and prison many times. They are the last people that should have a gun. Yet they have several in their home.

Needless to say I dont live in the most top notch of neighborhoods.

For the record, this is what I'm talking about. Ads for these are all over my Facebook feed.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

For the record, this is what I'm talking about. Ads for these are all over my Facebook feed.
    Well that's just damn sad...

For obvious reasons and because in a lot of schools, at least ones in my area, they'd be banned for either not being clear since apparently its a thing where they're demanding students only have clear plastic backpacks to make sure they're not carrying weapons themselves.
    So they're even MORE useless and stupid than they are by themselves!
    Last edited by scourge; 02-15-2023 at 01:24 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    You’re missing the point that Republicans making excuses like that are their way of absolving themselves of the fact they’re tacitly approving of these incidents. Or at least not speaking out to help prevent them.
    Interesting piece on NRP. It applies here because it says what many of us already know: If a GOPer don't care how disgusting they look, they're pretty much scandal proof, because their voters don't care about whether their leaders are scumbags.

Michigan State University gunman turned 'evil and mean' after his mother died, his father says

The gunman who police said killed three students and injured five others on Michigan State University’s campus Monday night turned “evil and mean” and became a recluse after his mother's death two years ago, his father said Tuesday in an interview.

Anthony McRae, 43, had a difficult time handling the loss of his mother, Linda McRae, and his demeanor and outlook on life “changed” after she died of a stroke on Sept. 13, 2020, said his father, Michael McRae.

“He was a mama’s boy. He loved his mom. They were tight. His mom was like his sister," Michael McRae said. “Everything happened so fast."

“He was grieving his mom. He wouldn’t let it go. He got bitter, bitter and bitter,” Michael McRae said. “His mom died, and he just started getting evil and mean. He didn’t care about anything anymore."
    While I don't want to minimize the folks that the hurt or murdered?

That sort of sounds like this was a person that society failed.

Short of some sort of a manifesto turning up?

It feels like this could have played out very differently of society had been there to help this guy to his feet when he stumbled.