Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Here's a little laugh for your Humpday:

The NYPD Weighed Trump as Part of the Booking Process and GUESS WHAT – Trump Doesn’t Weigh 239 Pounds, and Isn’t 6’3″

At his 2019 physical he weighed 243 pounds, up from the 239 pounds he weighed in 2018. But during his arrest and indictment in New York on Tuesday, his weight and height were taken, and surprise surprise…Trump lied.
    Trump weighed 270 pounds and was 6’1″ tall. Now I do want to put a disclaimer here…this info is coming from Twitter, as we don’t have a booking sheet or mug shot. But thus far some very reliable people have posted about it. Once we have more information, we will update this article.

Using the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services’s BMI calculator, Trump is now firmly in the obese category.
    Show of hands if anyone's surprised.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Hey WBE, not sure if this counts for Democrat or Republican of the Day, but meet Rep. Tricia Cotham of North Carolina.

Republicans, who are currently just one seat short of a supermajority in the legislature, have been hoping that state Rep. Tricia Cotham, a Democrat from Charlotte, might switch parties at some point this session, but the prospect began to seem more realistic last week, a Republican House member said.

Cotham is expected to announce her decision Wednesday. House Republicans announced a 9am press conference Tuesday for a "major announcement."

Why it matters: Republicans have held majorities in both the state House and the Senate for more than a decade, but in recent years, the threat of Cooper's veto has kept the party's power in check.

A supermajority could free up party leaders to more easily push long-hoped-for legislation restricting abortion and all but eliminate their need to compromise with the governor on the budget, changes to election laws and education reform.

Cotham didn't respond to Axios' request for comment, so it's not clear what's driving her consideration to switch.

One possible factor, though, is that Cotham recently skipped a vote to override Cooper's veto of Republican-sponsored legislation relaxing some gun laws, handing Republicans the votes they needed to usher the bill into law.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

She heard about the proposed bill banning Participation Trophies and decided THAT was the kind of important legislation she needed to make sure was veto proof!

I don't think elected representatives should be allowed to switch parties except when the are up for election. If she wants to be a Republican, let her run as a Republican.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

I'm surprised ....he didn't weigh more.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Back in the UK Sir Keith Starmer seems to be flip flopping all over the place on issue of trans rights…with his latest gambit being the statement it’s a marginal issue for most people.

I don’t think that’s true. Deep down I think we all care passionately about treatment of “minority groups”, unless we are all treated fairly we all suffer.

I think he’s probably been innerved because it (trans rights) was effectively the issue that was a big factor in Nicola Sturgeon stepping down from her role as Scotland’s first minister.
    I still don't understand the logic behind politicians arguing that LGBT+ rights are an issue that affects only few people, therefore we shouldn't waste time with it.
    Great, if it doesn't affect most people, then just give us all the rights we need and move to the next topic on the list, why waste time trying to reason with people that you have admitted are not affected either way.
    Except they actually like to use it as distraction from the "serious" topics like finances.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    My only concern is that Putin will likely try to use this as pretext to go after his critics. I wouldn't put it past the Russians to try to frame others for their own crimes, which occurs often enough in recent years.
    It is quite possible this was done by him as a warning for the other military bloggers.
    The best comment I've seen so far on the internet was: "A bomb? Did they run out of windows?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I have a theory that some men view trans women as a threat to their straight masculinity - basically they're scared of finding a trans woman hot thinking "that's a man" and thinking that makes them gay, and that triggers their homophobic anger.
    I've no statistics or anything, just a guess.
    Agreed.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I've seen that scenario used in TV Sitcoms or movies, though I can't remember which one.
    I've seen a version of it on television where the man bursts out into anger after finding out the woman he's been flirting with is trans, I'm just extrapolating that the fear of potentially "being gay" for liking a transwoman might also drive them politically.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, the "gay panic defense" is a thing. It's exactly why so many trans people are assaulted and then men who do the attacking will say, "I thought it was a women, but he was a man! He tricked me!"

But I'm talking about how people who wouldn't have cared two years ago are all in on these anti-trans laws, pretending that you can just call up a dr and get bottom surgery in a couple of weeks, that children get sexual reassignment operations, that there's some trans cabal deep in the govt, that trans and drag are the same thing...the latest meme going around now is that being trans is about "hating women"...
    That's the conservative propaganda machine at work unfortunately. Fox News is practically a form of brain washing, albeit washing it in filth. Conservatives and conservative media is spending an incredible amount of time and effort demonizing the trans community, and their viewers learn to target their pent up hate on trans people. And their viewers always have pent up hate/anger because conservative media purposely makes them angry because anger is literally addictive so they'll stay tuned in for their next hit of anger.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I wonder how Dylan Mulvaney feels though. I wouldn't be shocked to learn they're getting death threats and what not. And we're living in a world where guys show up to protest drag wearing tactical gear! When folks were burning Nikes and flushing Gilette razors the protests were a little more abstract, but now they have a specific demographic type people to focus their anger at.
    This. I don't use tiktok so I don't know anything about them other than what I've learned from this, but they don't deserve the hate that's probably coming their way and has come their way from the bigots stirred up by this.

And in some cases, that anger resulted in violence against transwomen, and that's NO guess.
    Unfortunately yes. The homophobic macho alpha male culture can be a death sentence for transwomen. People who think violence can restore their perceived/imagined loss of masculinity.
    The world is dangerous.

I'm just upset that he didn't get his mugshot taken. I was SO looking forward to it being leaked!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I've seen that scenario used in TV Sitcoms or movies, though I can't remember which one.
    WWE in the late 90's. Mark Henry went on a date with Sammie.

I've seen a version of it on television where the man bursts out into anger after finding out the woman he's been flirting with is trans, I'm just extrapolating that the fear of potentially "being gay" for liking a transwoman might also drive them politically.

That's the conservative propaganda machine at work unfortunately. Fox News is practically a form of brain washing, albeit washing it in filth. Conservatives and conservative media is spending an incredible amount of time and effort demonizing the trans community, and their viewers learn to target their pent up hate on trans people. And their viewers always have pent up hate/anger because conservative media purposely makes them angry because anger is literally addictive so they'll stay tuned in for their next hit of anger.

This. I don't use tiktok so I don't know anything about them other than what I've learned from this, but they don't deserve the hate that's probably coming their way and has come their way from the bigots stirred up by this.

Unfortunately yes. The homophobic macho alpha male culture can be a death sentence for transwomen. People who think violence can restore their perceived/imagined loss of masculinity.
    The world is dangerous.
    The terminally online right-wing youtubers/podcasters complain about Dylan all. the. time. When they aren't complaining about wokeness, which is basically anything they don't like.

America is "woke" and supports the "woke agenda".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...l/11417394002/

Will the Democrats capitalize on this?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The terminally online right-wing youtubers/podcasters complain about Dylan all. the. time. When they aren't complaining about wokeness, which is basically anything they don't like.
    Pretty much if your online and open about being trans, your already getting death threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Let me guess, something about her pushing the "trans agenda" or being a groomer or not knowing what biology is? And I'm guessing they don't say "her" when referring to her either.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Pretty much if your online and open about being trans, your already getting death threats.
    There's a lot of scary bigotry in the world, online and offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    America is "woke" and supports the "woke agenda".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...l/11417394002/

Will the Democrats capitalize on this?
    Understanding of what a word is intended to mean doesn't mean the country is woke by any definition, we'll see just how "woke" America is in Nov 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Yep. Most of my trans friends online have received death threats in their social media inboxes, as well as openly.

Let me guess, something about her pushing the "trans agenda" or being a groomer or not knowing what biology is? And I'm guessing they don't say "her" when referring to her either.

There's a lot of scary bigotry in the world, online and offline.
    The terminally online freaks claim that she's mocking women (the only time they express any concern about women is when they go after trans people) and they frequently misgender her. If one only learns about trans people from them or social media one would think there were trans people and drag queens running around in droves twerking in front of kids all over the place.

That isn't happening. At all. I can count the number of trans people I've encountered IRL on one hand.