"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Carolyn Bryant, the last person involved in the death of Emmett Till has died at 88. Never was arrested and got to live a peaceful life to the end. What a load.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I just wish there was a party in the middle. Most Republicans can't lead but on the other side Democratic Led Cities aren't places I'd want to live in either. They're sh#tholes where criminals have more rights than their victims.

Its Bizarro World in California

San Francisco Drops Case against Homeless Man Who Beat Former City Official with a Crowbar

Some recent polls show the problems with getting a coherent popular policy message.

How do we square the circle if 70% think the US needs more social justice, and 64% think the country needs to reduce political correctness and cancel culture?

A third party would have to appeal to the types who want the government to respect social and moral values while encouraging tolerance of people with different lifestyles and values.

There are some ways to make it work, although I suspect it could alienate the majority of the country that isn't in the middle of the venn diagram.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 04-27-2023 at 06:10 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    If Mitch was comatose he'd be doing more good in the world.
    Even better if he was dead, then he could be used as fertilizer, and finally contribute something positive to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Dude, don't say that.

We all know it's Spider man who keeps crime down
    Spider-Man? That fraud?! He's a threat! A menace!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    A third party would have to appeal to the types who want the government to respect social and moral values while encouraging tolerance of people with different lifestyles and values.
    It would be helpful if more people would realize that "social and moral values" are about how we treat each other as human beings, not about policing other people's identities and sexual behaviours among consenting adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Even better if he was dead, then he could be used as fertilizer, and finally contribute something positive to the world.
    Pfft, his poisoned mulch would make the earth he's buried in more sterile than if you salted the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Pfft, his poisoned mulch would make the earth he's buried in more sterile than if you salted the ground.
    Yeah, fair point.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Carolyn Bryant, the last person involved in the death of Emmett Till has died at 88. Never was arrested and got to live a peaceful life to the end. What a load.
    She had cancer, so at least her ending was painful. May her name always be tarnished.

Kansas Republicans forced through one of the nation’s most extreme — and incoherent — anti-transgender bills this week, prohibiting legal gender changes and requiring people to use public facilities that match their sex assigned at birth.

On Thursday, GOP lawmakers overrode Gov. Laura Kelly’s Monday veto of SB 180, which strictly defines “biological sex” as a male-female binary based on one’s capacity to “produce ova” or “fertilize” for purposes of reproduction. It also legally links terms like “mother,” “father,” “man,” and “woman” to biological sex.

The bill goes on to specify that “areas where biology, safety or privacy are implicated” — including public bathrooms, locker rooms, prisons, and abuse shelters — are necessarily sex-segregated spaces that do not constitute “unfair discrimination,” and must remain separated in the interest “of protecting the health, safety and privacy of individuals in such circumstances.”
    This is pretty bad.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...225954798.html

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    He looks physical tired, slumped, and definitely not as put together as the older video.

His speech is slower, and he seems to be having breathing problems.

Again, those could be physical, and not mental signs, but there's differences from his pre-accident videos, IMO. He could just be tired.

I have an 89 year old mother who I'm a partial caretaker for, so I do try to pay attention to differences between visits, that might signal a mini-stroke or the onset of something.
    His speech is definitely more slurred on words like "judiciary", almost as bad as Trump's now.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

E. Jean Carroll, under pointed questioning from Trump lawyer: ‘He raped me whether I screamed or not’

“Here’s the thing: I was too much in a panic to scream,” Carroll said when Trump’s lawyer, Joe Tacopina, challenged her assertion that she didn’t yell for help during the alleged assault in a department store dressing room.
    “I’m telling you: He raped me whether I screamed or not,” Carroll said, raising her voice.

Tacopina also pressed Carroll on why she went public with her story when she did, in 2019. Though Tacopina suggested she was using the claim to try to attract a book publisher, Carroll disputed that, saying she was instead prompted by revelations about film producer Harvey Weinstein’s sexual predation in The New York Times in 2017.

“When that happened, across the country women began telling their stories, and I was flummoxed [and thought], wait a minute, can we actually speak up and not be pummeled?” Carroll testified. “I thought, well this may be a way to change the culture of sexual violence. The light dawned. I thought, we can actually change things if we all tell our stories. And I thought by god, this may be the time.”

She continued: “It caused me to realize that staying silent does not work. It doesn’t work. If women speak up, we have a chance of limiting the harm that happens.”
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

The Joementum is building:

Thursday, April 27, 2023

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll, sponsored by Matt Palumbo's MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN, for Thursday shows that 51% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Biden’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (9%) disapprove.
    https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ez_track_apr27

Hillary was right!

That or only grow some horrible toxic plant that was a danger to all life around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    We're going to live in an America soon were if you're trans you only have the right to exist at all in blue states.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    We're going to live in an America soon were if you're trans you only have the right to exist at all in blue states.
    Not only that, they have officially legislated away the womanhood of women in menopause or other situations where they cannot produce ova, and officially gotten rid of the masculinity of men who are infertile.

E: For that matter, they have created a third gender of being genderless, as someone who is infertile cannot produce ova and vice-versa.

EE: Nevermind, after finally finding a copy of the legistlation it's wording is different.

a "female" is an individual whose biological reproductive system
    is developed to produce ova, and a "male" is an individual whose
    biological reproductive system is developed to fertilize the ova of a
    female;
    Last edited by Dalak; 04-28-2023 at 06:36 AM.