Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Posting conspiracy theories and blatantly false information that's easily proven as such is not a welcoming community environment. It's the bare minimum that even Twitter enforces.
    While this is all obviously true, I mean the mods I would feel bad for them having to police the demonstrably false statements. Like Kirby mentioned already, every reasonable poster already sees the silly, troll level drivel for what it is. You can't have a conducive productive conversation even when one party is not operating in reality or with the intent of actual reality-based discourse.

With such a relatively small group of regular posters it seems easy enough to skip over the nonsense.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Given the repeated endorsement of violence, as well.
    Agreed. I reported tweets and I never hear back about that.

But I guess it gets drowned out by the constant rehashing of the 2016 Democratic primaries.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Posting conspiracy theories and blatantly false information that's easily proven as such is not a welcoming community environment. It's the bare minimum that even Twitter enforces.
    Posting the Big Lie constantly should be bannable on this board, yes. It is a lie that already has gotten people killed and will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Snore, it is like a mantra the left keeps repeating hoping it will take as truth. Terrible perhaps to the establishment norms of conduct but that as you are aware is also part of his appeal. Basic fact, this country was not ready for a pandemic and structurally and behaviorally disjointed. The successes were many and the fails were in no small part due to congress not giving him the room to act.
    There was no action for Congress to limit. Trump never acknowledged the severity of the situation, in fact, he knowingly downplayed the danger the virus posed. In addition, he undermined the directions of the CDC and pushed snake-oil remedies while tacitly approving the politicizing of state-level mask and social distancing guidelines. He did much more harm than good.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 01-08-2022 at 11:05 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is that a "Lord of the Flies" reference?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, as well as 2020, as well as 2021, "Fanatical Republican Extremist of the Day” posted profiles of Terry England, a member of the Georgia House of Representatives from District 116, serving since 2004 and pushing for legislation on things like drug testing welfare recipients, putting guns everywhere, and curbing voting rights. Plus, he denies the existence of climate change. Outside of an extreme voting record, though, England's claim to shame was back in 2012 during a debate over a ban on abortion at 20 weeks, where he was arguing that pregnant women whose child became stillborn after that time should be forced to carry it to term, at risk to their health, because as he put it, he'd seen this sort of thing on the farm with cows and chickens. Yes, that really happened, and there's video.

We'll also note his vote for Georgia’s HB 280 to permit the concealed carry of firearms on college campuses, because he obviously has never heard about the Virginia Tech Massacre before. As we noted about England in his first profile, he has been allowed to run for office virtually unopposed since the 2006 elections, save for one write-in challenger in 2010 who got a meager three dozen votes against him. And yes, in spite of his disgusting comments comparing women to livestock, this happened AGAIN in 2018 and 2020, where he yet again went without a challenger for his seat in the Georgia state legislature.

Through the past few years since we started keeping tabs on England, he voted for more anti-choice insanity, including a fetal heartbeat abortion bill that would effectively ban abortion in Georgia at 6 weeks (when most women don’t even realize they’re pregnant). He also voted for a bill to try and authorize biblical classes in public high schools, and voted against a bill to establish punishments for hate crimes.

And of course, without facing a challenger for his seat has only emboldened Terry England to assist the Republican Party’s authoritarian moves to steal true democracy from the American people, as evidenced by his support of voter suppression measures to limit absentee and early voting, presumably because they hate that predominantly Democratic votes come from those methods of voting.

Astonishing Member

Today marks the one year anniversary of Trump’s Twitter account being suspended!
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-08-2022 at 12:21 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I sometimes wonder how much of this the people who post it really believe. I think part of it is repeating a lie over and over again in hopes that it would stick.

I am a little sad that the mods allow it, considering the aim is clearly to create a fascist state.
    If that is honestly what one is worried about?

They should take heart. This is the single worst attempt to achieve that end that I have ever witnessed.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    While this is all obviously true, I mean the mods I would feel bad for them having to police the demonstrably false statements. Like Kirby mentioned already, every reasonable poster already sees the silly, troll level drivel for what it is. You can't have a conducive productive conversation even when one party is not operating in reality or with the intent of actual reality-based discourse.

With such a relatively small group of regular posters it seems easy enough to skip over the nonsense.
    Never mind that every single one of those posters sounds/seems like exactly who they were before this kicked off.

(Or the fact that the thread has a seriously limited number of regular posters and probably not much in the way of folks bothering to just stop in and read through what gets posted in any given day...)

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If that is honestly what one is worried about?

They should take heart. This is the single worst attempt to achieve that end that I have ever witnessed.
    Meanwhile, in reality, when spreading election fraud conspiracy theories led to this:

Meanwhile, in reality, when spreading election fraud conspiracy theories led to this:

What someone is discussing is why someone is not being banned for what they post in this very thread.

Which, again, is about the worst approach ever to attempt the eventual creation of a fascist America.

What someone is discussing is why someone is not being banned for what they post in this very thread.

Which, again, is about the worst approach ever to attempt the eventual creation of a fascist America.
    I wouldn't expect some posters, who will post lies and smears directed at specific people in politics non-stop for 3 years straight, then spend the next 4 years denying any potential responsibility for the abject danger it placed the world in to suddenly understand how the cause and effect of what they put online might work.

I wouldn't expect some posters, who will post lies and smears directed at specific people in politics non-stop for 3 years straight, then spend the next 4 years denying any potential responsibility for the abject danger it placed the world in to suddenly understand how the cause and effect of what they put online might work.
    On an incredibly good day?

Maybe, 1500 folks will be active on this board.

Of that fifteen hundred, right around "Almost None..." probably care about anything that goes on in this thread.

Never mind what does go on having any "Effect..." on any of those fifteen hundred folks eventually changing what they would have done in the eventual potential creation of a fascist America.

On an incredibly good day?

Maybe, 1500 folks will be active on this board.

Of that fifteen hundred, right around "Almost None..." probably care about anything that goes on in this thread.

Never mind what does go on having any "Effect..." on any of those fifteen hundred folks eventually changing what they would have done in the eventual potential creation of a fascist America.
    I guess thanks for not denying that you were spreading lies, and being consistent about accepting any responsibility for what came next, by just minimizing how many folks you feel those lies reached.

Kinda making my point.

If the standard were not conspiracy theories and false information were the bar, this would be something that could be used against left-wing posters, especially if someone's just careless or responding to something they misread.

I wouldn't mind this standard, but it could lead to problems assuming it is enforced explicitly and impartially.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Posting the Big Lie constantly should be bannable on this board, yes. It is a lie that already has gotten people killed and will continue to do so.
    Focusing on one specific lie is potentially problematic.

It's not a big issue on this board, where the belief that the 2020 election was stolen is a fringe position.

In this case, it would be moderators responding to one guy.

There is a potential question of why the focus on that bullshit claim and not something else.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets