Page 897 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 39779784788789389489589689789889990090190794799713971897 ... LastLast
Results 13,441 to 13,455 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    You need to cut her off. At this point she's in a cult, you've got to isolate her from these friends of hers and get her to talk to a therapist.

Edit: Easier said than done I know. I probably have no room to go talk since I don't have context, sorry.
    She will never go to a therapist as she does not believe that Mental Health Disorders are a real thing. As a man with Schizoaffective Disorder this is fun to hear. And she does not see it as a cult. She said Qanon is a branch of a political party like The Tea Party. And she does not agree with everything they say but they have a lot of smart things. you should hear her rant on Chrissy Teigen.

But the funny thing is when asked about what happen on the movie set with Rudy she said she has to see proof and not just take the word of Hollywood actors who are out to get Trump.
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-21-2020 at 04:15 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    She will never go to a therapist as she does not believe that Mental Health Disorders are a real thing. As a man with Schizoaffective Disorder this is fun to hear. And she does not see it as a cult. She said Qanon is a branch of a political party like The Tea Party. And she does not agree with everything they say but they have a lot of smart things. you should hear her rant on Chrissy Teigen.
    How old is she? Do your parents agree with her on Mental Health Disorders? Because I can't imagine what that's like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I don't think anyone had this in the cards at ALL.

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/stat...240286208?s=21
    I could've gone my whole life without that scene in my head.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

How old is she? Do your parents agree with her on Mental Health Disorders? Because I can't imagine what that's like.
    She is 65. Other then her political views she is a nice person. But to be honest my opinion of her is rapidly changing. I just cant stand being around her right now because of the election.

My parents are very supportive of my disorder. my mom is a huge help. my dad is also a huge help but he has Bipolar so when I am having a bad day mentally and he is as well things get bad here.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

In Orwellian news today, Pompeo is trying to have OxFam, Human Rights Watch, and Amnesty International all declared "antisemitic organizations."

Double plus ungood.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    There's one member on this forum that claims isn't voting for trump yet keeps on posting pro-trump/anti-Biden messages. I've seen it in other forums as well.
    To put it simply...

Wanting less corrupt Democratic politicians who aren't looking to potentially add Republicans to their administration while it would seem that they are not vetting anyone to the left of Elizabeth Warren isn't "Pro Trump..."

The Republican Party is a non-issue in a discussion of what a more upright and "Actually Just Left Of True 'Center'...." would look like.

It's kind of depressing that the reality of that even needs to be typed out.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    To put it simply...

Wanting less corrupt Democratic politicians who aren't looking to potentially add Republicans to their administration while it would seem that they are not vetting anyone to the left of Elizabeth Warren isn't "Pro Trump..."

The Republican Party is a non-issue in a discussion of what a more upright and "Actually Just Left Of True 'Center'...." would look like.

It's kind of depressing that the reality of that even needs to be typed out.
    Maybe, but there is a time and a place. This Election is certainly not it. It's alright to remind everyone that the Dems aren't perfect, but please be careful to criticise what can be proven otherwise you might wind up giving credence to rumours.

News:

1: Trump ran out of cash for his rally stuff. Now he is tapping into our races to find his play time.

2: The Proud Boys scare on CBS Iran/Russia leak is why these scummy bastards are able to email and threaten these people.

Maybe, but there is a time and a place. This Election is certainly not it. It's alright to remind everyone that the Dems aren't perfect, but please be careful to criticise what can be proven otherwise you might wind up giving credence to rumours.
    Honestly, that's largely a non-issue for me personally. This thread has always had a sort of "Joe McCarthy Looking For 'Reds'..." aspect when it comes to folks even second guessing how the Democratic Party operates. Nothing really wrong with taking that narrow of a view, but I don't see much of a point in deciding how I'm going to discuss the whole thing because of what would appear to be that reality. Folks want to spend time divining what I "Actually..." believe and support/vote for? Their time to spend.

Past that, I've got to politely disagree about the "Right..." time and place.

We are talking about a President who is actively taking a flame thrower to his own chances at a win. That said, the guy still has an outside chance at a win.

If you can't be straight with yourself about that?

What will your chances look like once you have a Republican nominee who isn't looking to shoot his own chances in the foot and has a relatively united part behind him?
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-21-2020 at 05:18 PM.

All that said...

It can be proved that Biden's outfit is vetting Republicans and Rep Omar seemingly doesn't see the problem with campaign cash going to her husband if it isn't actually illegal.

These thing are actually happening. No "Can Be Proved..." to even give a second thought to.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-21-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Astonishing Member

It's not just about Dems not being perfect, it's about maintaining the double standard of having standards for Dems and none for Republicans. That we should just accept Trump being corrupt as being normal while pinning Biden to the wall for not being an angel.

Let's have more anti-Biden posts from "Biden voters". Yeah, that's the ticket. Especially using a story from the NY Post and hand in pants Guiliani that is so embarrassing in it's untruthfulness that one of the reports asked to be removed from the byline.
    But HUNTER BIDEN is the big issue.

Meanwhile Trump has a secret Chinese bank account and the families of over 500 children they kidnapped cannot be found.
    But Democratic corruption must be the topic here.

Sad.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, that's largely a non-issue for me personally. This thread has always had a sort of "Joe McCarthy Looking For 'Reds'..." aspect when it comes to folks even second guessing how the Democratic Party operates. Nothing really wrong with taking that narrow of a view, but I don't see much of a point in deciding how I'm going to discuss the whole thing because of what would appear to be that reality. Folks want to spend time divining what I "Actually..." believe and support/vote for? Their time to spend.

Past that, I've got to politely disagree about the "Right..." time and place.

We are talking about a President who is actively taking a flame thrower to his own chances at a win. That said, the guy still has an outside chance at a win.

If you can't be straight with yourself about that?

What will your chances look like once you have a Republican nominee who isn't looking to shoot his own chances in the foot and has a relatively united part behind him?
    Assuming that attempts to mimic Trump don't eventually get diminishing returns. But fair enough, I just request that critics are kept factual and use a trusted source.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's not just about Dems not being perfect, it's about maintaining the double standard of having standards for Dems and none for Republicans. That we should just accept Trump being corrupt as being normal while pinning Biden to the wall for not being an angel.
    Politely, you are incorrect.

No one has said that any of the Republicans caught up in the Congressional sexual harassment scandal should not have been held accountable.

It is pretty simple to say that Democrats should be holding themselves to a higher ethical standard and that Republicans should be held accountable. Folks do it all if the time.

As for "Angel..."?

No one is asking for that. Not putting campaign money into your husband's pocket just because you can't actually be charged with violation if you do? Not anywhere near "Being An Angel..."

It would be more like "Being Frank Serpico..."

Never mind Hunter getting a check from a credit card company while Joe was going to bat for them.

That exactly what folks are saying the issue with the Trump family is.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 10-21-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Fantastic Member

Let's stop arguing about this, we're not going to change his mind.