Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A black man was shot at SIXTY TIMES and killed while running away from cops, but this very white shitstain was taken alive despite having murdered three cops and a police dog:

3 Kentucky police officers dead, others wounded after suspect with rifle opens fire

While I totally get that being the gut reaction?

The cops putting one more person in the ground isn't much of a solution to that they are already killing too many people as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I totally get that being the gut reaction?

The cops putting one more person in the ground isn't much of a solution to that they are already killing too many people as it is.
    It isnt about the cops putting one more person in the ground.

To me it very much shows the extremally different ways that police handle Black Suspects and White Suspects. They fired over 100 shots at the black man in Akron 60 of them hitting Jayland Walker. And they are trying to justify it by saying there was a gun in the car and they heard a shot while they were in the high speed chase.

Meanwhile a white man kills 3 cops and a K9 officer and yet he gets taken alive.

So the black man they feel is such a threat they have to shoot him 60 times.

Yet the white man that kills 3 of their own is not such a threat that they can take him alive.

In Akron they are releasing some Body cam video today. but I cant see what it will show that makes it okay to shoot a man 60 times. Unless the dude was Rambo and The Terminator and once every drug in the world there is not need to shoot him 6 times.

They say a cop reloaded his weapon to keep shooting! WTF? Really?
    Last edited by babyblob; 07-03-2022 at 03:44 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    He looks like he has been beaten, though…

You cannot beat a corpse.

Still, I understand your point.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It isnt about the cops putting one more person in the ground.

To me it very much shows the extremally different ways that police handle Black Suspects and White Suspects. They fired over 100 shots at the black man in Akron 60 of them hitting Jayland Walker. And they are trying to justify it by saying there was a gun in the car and they heard a shot while they were in the high speed chase.

Meanwhile a white man kills 3 cops and a K9 officer and yet he gets taken alive.

So the black man they feel is such a threat they have to shoot him 60 times.

Yet the white man that kills 3 of their own is not such a threat that they can take him alive.

In Akron they are releasing some Body cam video today. but I cant see what it will show that makes it okay to shoot a man 60 times. Unless the dude was Rambo and The Terminator and once every drug in the world there is not need to shoot him 6 times.

They say a cop reloaded his weapon to keep shooting! WTF? Really?
    I’m glad you responded to #30’s nonsense. I might’ve said something that would’ve earned me a ban.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

We no longer see the big picture because we refuse to understand that it takes years to make forward progress work. Instead, we are addicted to instant gratification and that’s why we’re failing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    We no longer see the big picture because we refuse to understand that it takes years to make forward progress work. Instead, we are addicted to instant gratification and that’s why we’re failing.
    The problem is that we're not even seeing progress on the small scale.

Institutions that create the problem remain largely unchanged

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

You know it’s true.

Not even July 1st anymore, they start doing that on the 30th itself now, maybe even the 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Typical state of mind of Internet era… We see the world through the little window: it’s a shield as well it’s a screen.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The problem is that we're not even seeing progress on the small scale.

Institutions that create the problem remain largely unchanged
    Do the rest of you feel this way?

Is gay marriage not progress? How about the first step act? Innovations in vaccines? Increases in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) spending? I'm sure others will point out accomplishments of the Biden administration under Speaker Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Pelosi, as well as accomplishments of the states where Democrats have unified control of government (California, New York, New Jersey, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, etc.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Is gay marriage not progress? How about the first step act? Innovations in vaccines? Increases in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) spending? I'm sure others will point out accomplishments of the Biden administration under Speaker Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Pelosi, as well as accomplishments of the states where Democrats have unified control of government (California, New York, New Jersey, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, etc.)
    There has been Progress. but since the GOP is Hell bent on taking that progress away it is hard to have warm fuzzy feelings about the future.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

States say abortion bans don't affect IVF. Providers and lawyers are worried anyway.

Arkansas' abortion ban, which went into effect on Friday, defines an "unborn child" as starting at fertilization. That left Dean Moutos, who runs Arkansas Fertility & Gynecology, the state’s sole provider of in vitro fertilization, with questions.

The law makes no mention of IVF, but Moutos immediately wondered: Could his patients’ frozen embryos be defined as unborn children under the law? Could discarding those embryos be considered an abortion?

"I don’t know whether the people who wrote this law fully understood the downstream effects of it," he said. "But everybody across the country, including us in Arkansas, is very concerned about the potential."

In Arkansas' case, the office of state Attorney General Leslie Rutledge told NBC News that the ban "has no implications for IVF treatments." Attorneys general offices in Alabama and Oklahoma said the same of their laws.

But other states have not yet clarified how far their abortion bans extend, and abortion laws don't generally address the issue of frozen embryos directly. So some lawyers and fertility clinics aren’t convinced that the new restrictions will leave the IVF process untouched.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Trump-backed Michigan secretary of state nominee said abortion is 'child sacrifice'

(CNN)Before becoming the Trump-backed Republican nominee for Michigan secretary of state, Kristina Karamo said that abortion is "child sacrifice" and a "satanic practice."

"Abortion is really nothing new. The child sacrifice is a very satanic practice, and that's precisely what abortion is. And we need to see it as such," Karamo, a community college professor, said in an October 2020 episode of her podcast "It's Solid Food," which CNN's KFile reviewed.

"When people in other cultures, when they engage in child sacrifice, they didn't just sacrifice the child for the sake of bloodshed," Karamo said later in the episode. "They sacrificed the child cuz they were hoping to get prosperity and that's precisely why people have abortion now. 'Because I'm not ready. I don't wanna have a baby. I don't feel like it. I don't have time. I wanna make more money. I want my freedom.' So you're sacrificing that child hoping to get something out of their death, which is your freedom, your happiness, your prosperity."
    Karamo went on to say in a later episode of her podcast reviewed by CNN's KFile that demonic possession is real and can be transmitted through "intimate relationships."

"If a person has demonic possession — I know it's gonna sound really crazy to me saying that for some people, thinking like what?!" Karamo said in September 2020. "But having intimate relationships with people who are demonically possessed or oppressed — I strongly believe that a person opens themselves up to possession. Demonic possession is real."
    Karamo's embrace of conspiracy theories has also led to her association with QAnon, a conspiracy theory that posits that Trump was working to take down a shadow cabal of Democratic politicians and elites running a child sex-trafficking ring and that one day soon cabal members will face arrests, tribunals and mass executions. Last year she spoke at a QAnon conference in Las Vegas featuring prominent Q influencers.

She previously called for a "citizenship arrest" of Soros and said he "needs to be in jail" and spread the Clinton Kill List conspiracy, a baseless conspiracy theory that alleges former President Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton have had dozens of people assassinated.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Boston mayor condemns ‘white supremacist’ march through city; civil rights probe launched

A group of about 100 marchers identifying themselves by flyers as belonging to the white nationalist group the Patriot Front, cut through the heart of downtown Saturday sparking a confrontation.

A scanner call came in at around 12:30 p.m. announcing that a group had gone up to a rental truck parked in the area of the Haymarket MBTA station and off-loaded a number of shields and flags. Many were U.S. flags, with at least one flown upside-down and many showing just the 13 stars in a circle for the original U.S. colonies, as well as flags featuring different designs.

Many flags also had a stylized version of the symbol that represented Benito Mussolini’s National Fascist Party.
    The Boston Police Department received a report of one adult Black man injured in a confrontation with Patriot Front members at the corner of Dartmouth and Stuart streets at about 1:25 p.m.

The man told police that he took out his phone while walking down Dartmouth Street and found himself being pushed around by members of the group, according to BPD chief spokesman Sgt. Detective John Boyle. The man stated he was eventually knocked to the ground and assaulted, during which he suffered a laceration to his right ring finger and others to his head and eyebrow. He was taken to Tufts Medical Center. No arrests have been made yet as police are actively conducting a civil rights investigation of the incident.
    “The disgusting, hateful actions and words of white supremacist groups are not welcome in this city. Especially in a moment when so many of our rights are under attack, we will not normalize intimidation by bigots,” Wu said in a later statement. “This weekend as we remember Boston’s legacy as the cradle of liberty, we celebrate the continued fight to expand those liberties for all and ensure that Boston will be a city for everyone.”
    Covered faces are back in vogue now? I guess some of them had to get right back to the GOP primary campaign trail and this was just a quick hate crime weekend trip.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

...but Gay Marriage is next on the agenda to remove.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!