Page 173 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 731231631691701711721731741751761771832232736731173 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 75153
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Are you telling me that Republican voters are too stupid to know what racism is?

growing up being taught certain ideas and beliefs your whole life to one day be told those ideas and beliefs are wrong and hateful is extremely difficult for many people. dont get me wrong, i don't sympathize with racists, but i believe they are capable of change. however the white image and white supremacy has permeated our society for centuries. when so much of our society is built on racism, racists are scared of it toppling

While some spotlight had shown on who might be making a play at WGN a while back, I did come across this a few days ago. Not telling how it might actually play out.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...ihy-story.html

WGN America sets Sept. 1 launch date for ‘100% absent of bias’ nightly national newscast from Chicago
    Perry Sook, chairman and CEO of Dallas-based Nexstar Media Group, which owns cable channel WGN America in Chicago and nearly 200 TV stations across the country, announced the start date for “News Nation” and reiterated the mission during an earnings call Wednesday.

“This will be hard news, 100% absent of bias,” Sook said. “We’re so serious about that we’re hiring a panel of rhetoricians to review our broadcasts for unconscious bias that may creep into the words we use and the reporting that we do.”

Not sure its possible to be completely unbiased. Human error and all that.

Plus, the first time they point out the orange menace lied, expect his cultists to accuse them of being "fake news".

BANNED

by popularizing "fake news" trump is putting a spotlight on the freedom of information and how easy it is for us to filter our news results to make sure we are getting the information we want from the sources we want. with the internet and social media it is far easier today than 10 or more years ago. trump is using that freedom as a weapon, so now anyone can just scream fake news on either side. it's one of his prime manipulation tactics.

a news org saying trump lied is not groundbreaking. everything he says, does, and represents is a lie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Ignorance is a powerful tool to recruit and radicalise people into being racists. It's not like the American school system is great at teaching self awareness and introspection.
    And this is what I mean by consequences. This is a reckoning. This moment is for the “good” Americans who stayed silent and thought “nice” things while not being anti-racist. This is the consequence of middle class white people keeping African-Americans in a lower socioeconomic status. This is a consequence for the Democrats who made deals with the devil. This is a consequence of silence.

This is a consequence of slavery. This is a consequence of Jim Crow, and Segregation and assassinating Martin Luther King. This is a consequence not acting upon every time a black American was murdered by a cop. This is a consequence of underfunding public services and overfunding the military, the police and the spy agencies. This is a consequence of not paying reparations. This is a consequence of not treating your brothers and sisters as full human beings with dignity and respect. This is a consequence of treating them as three-fifths of a human being.

This is a consequence of not listening to the unheard. I’ll bet you hear them now.
    Last edited by sammy_hansen; 06-02-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

And this is what I mean by consequences. This is a reckoning. This moment is for the “good” Americans who stayed silent and thought “nice” things while not being anti-racist. This is the consequence of middle class white people keeping African-Americans in a lower socioeconomic status. This is a consequence for the Democrats who made deals with the devil. This is a consequence of silence.

This is a consequence of slavery. This is a consequence of Jim Crow, and Segregation and assassinating Martin Luther King. This is a consequence not acting upon every time a black American was murdered by a cop. This is a consequence of underfunding public services and overfunding the military, the police and the spy agencies. This is a consequence of not paying reparations. This is a consequence of not treating your brothers and sisters as full human beings with dignity and respect. This is a consequence of treating them as three-fifths of a human being.
    That's blatantly obvious. This is a cycle which occurs every few generations, this is like when the LA Riots went up.

This is a consequence of not listening to the unheard. I’ll bet you hear them now.
    Why are you questioning me about it? I hear it loud and clear, I'm telling you how America's racists are built which you didn't seem to know about. That's a tiny part of the entrenched white supremacy has in society, all you're seeing is the obvious - the difficulty comes in dismantling the various organisations and culture filted through various layers of society. Rioting is a reaction to this trauma but it won't solve racism or white supremacy over night by itself.

This isn't solely about anger, it's figuring out solutions to problems entire generations have failed to accomplish.

Edit: Don't you dare blame this all on Democrats when those deals are about holding society together with duct tape because people don't vote and the system is structured to give Republicans the advantage. You want change? Give them majorities in congress and more then 4-8 years in the presidency to make bigger impacts on politics.

Edit 2:
    Democrats are far from perfect and have sadly indulged too much of problems that come from society of how we got here. The problem is they would have made far less progress than we have now if they hadn't done this. Things would have been far worse had they ceded the government to the GOP.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 06-02-2020 at 12:47 AM.

Incredible Member

Oooh! What a surprise!
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/twitter-t...230300318.html

White supremacist group poses as Antifa to incite violence on Twitter!

BANNED

That's blatantly obvious. This is a cycle which occurs every few generations, this is like when the LA Riots went up.

Why are you questioning me about it? I hear it loud and clear, I'm telling you how America's racists are built which you didn't seem to know about. That's a tiny part of the entrenched white supremacy has in society, all you're seeing is the obvious - the difficulty comes in dismantling the various organisations and culture filted through various layers of society. Rioting is a reaction to this trauma but it won't solve racism or white supremacy over night by itself.

This isn't solely about anger, it's figuring out solutions to problems entire generations have failed to accomplish.

Edit: Don't you dare blame this all on Democrats when those deals are about holding society together with duct tape because people don't vote and the system is structured to give Republicans the advantage. You want change? Give them majorities in congress and more then 4-8 years in the presidency to make bigger impacts on politics.

Edit 2:
    Democrats are far from perfect and have sadly indulged too much of problems that come from society of how we got here. The problem is they would have made far less progress than we have now if they hadn't done this. Things would have been far worse had they ceded the government to the GOP.
    I don’t specifically mean you when I say “you.” I mean, every American hears them now. No, it’s not entirely the Democrats fault but they have rolled over so many times and collaborated with the GOP and the right. They had majorities in Congress and the Senate and the White House one decade ago. And they blew it.

That is national. What about the States. What about Governors and State Legislatures? Mayors and City Councils? They care about their own careers, their own re-election campaigns, their own moneyed interests. Look at New York. What a flop de Blaiso is. Cuomo is a blowhard. I mean, how could it have EVER been considered that Amazon be given tax breaks to set up there. That’s the Democrats base too - the money. How many Democrats have taken money from Wall St?

How much time has been wasted on stupid issues and stupid politics while black Americans were being murdered?

How many white people and how many Democrats stood up for Colin Kaepernick?

It’s about figuring out why generations have failed to protect black Americans. It’s about figuring out why white people have prioritized money over black Americans lives again and again and again and again.

Justice delayed is justice denied.
    Last edited by sammy_hansen; 06-02-2020 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Oooh! What a surprise!

I'm shocked! Shocked! ...well not that shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Oooh! What a surprise!

In a perfect world the white supremacists posing as Antifa would have their s*** kicked in by other white supremacists who weren't in on the plan. Then the cops would show up, and they'd all go to jail.

In a perfect world.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

I don’t specifically mean you when I say “you.” I mean, every American hears them now. No, it’s not entirely the Democrats fault but they have rolled over so many times and collaborated with the GOP and the right. They had majorities in Congress and the Senate and the White House one decade ago. And they blew it.
    They didn't "roll over" they've faced record obstruction and did everything possible to make progress happen, with politics this requires making deal with other politicians - that's they're there for. The right and the GOP have power, and are tremendously difficult to break. They had a slim majority, and it wasn't as simply as you think to get the changes you want. They never had the real power to undo things like amendments to the constitution. All the momentum they did have fizzled up quickly when the voters noticed they couldn't do everything at once and their momentum reversed so they had to be more and more pragmatic in this shadow of a global recession, and trying too fix an America broken by George W Bush. Repairing America is harder than you think, you're not the first person to notice these huge obstacles and won't be the last. The problem isn't simply defined by Democrats didn't work hard enough.

That is national. What about the States. What about Governors and State Legislatures? Mayors and City Councils? They care about their own careers, their own re-election campaigns, their own moneyed interests. Look at New York. What a flop de Blaiso is. Cuomo is a blowhard. I mean, how could it have EVER been considered that Amazon be given tax breaks to set up there. That’s the Democrats base too - the money.
    So does every politician. I dislike how many of them are handling this, like DeBlasio. But we need them because no-one better has replaced them. People have tried. Cuomo's a monster, one who's notoriously difficult to get rid of but he's better than any Republican who'd replace him.
    The "moneyed interests" is a separate subject.

The Democrats base are Black voters.

How many Democrats have taken money from Wall St?
    It's that or being crushed by Republicans who do. Having less money hasn't ever been an advantage in elections.

How much time has been wasted on stupid issues and stupid politics while black Americans were being murdered?
    I agree politicians have failed to take Black Americans being murdered more seriously, but this won't be solved without politics. What "stupid issues" are you complaining about specifically?

How many white people and how many Democrats stood up for Colin Kaepernick?
    Not enough.

It’s about figuring out why generations have failed to protect black Americans. It’s about figuring out why white people have prioritized money over black Americans lives again and again and again and again.
    People have been working on this for generations. This goes deeper than money, Fox News isn't doing this simply for the money.

Justice delayed is justice denied.
    It is, and it'll stay denied when we don't have any solutions.

The Democrats do deserve a portion of the blame for howe we got here, but why aren't you attacking the biggest proponent of racism and violence in America?

Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 06-02-2020 at 01:51 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

States Reject Trump’s Threat Of Military Crackdown: ‘Stay Out Of Our Business’

“I reject the notion that the federal government can send troops into the state of Illinois,” Gov. J.B. Pritzker said.

‘Who’s The Thug Here?’: Anderson Cooper Unleashes On Donald Trump

“The president seems to think dominating Black people, dominating peaceful protesters, is law and order. It’s not.”

‘Teetering On A Dictatorship’: Don Lemon Asks If Trump Is ‘Declaring War On Americans’

“Open your eyes, America. Open your eyes. We are teetering on a dictatorship. This is chaos,” the CNN host said after Trump’s Rose Garden address.

Gregg Popovich Unleashes On Trump: ‘He’s Not Just Divisive, He’s A Destroyer’

The San Antonio Spurs coach delivered a fiery rebuke of the president’s leadership as the nation is in turmoil.

‘Revolting’: Trump Gets Holy Hell On Twitter For Using Bible As Photo-Op Prop

Police used tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse peaceful protesters so the president could have his picture taken at a church.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

The Democrats do deserve a portion of the blame for howe we got here, but why aren't you attacking the biggest proponent of racism and violence in America?

I think I have, and I’ve certainly called out people here who voted for Trump or who continue to vote Republican. They are complicit. More than complicit, because they want this. They literally want black Americans to be kept down. I don’t know how anyone can be “suckered” into or be “heavy” into that without being racist.

But so is the silence from white America. It’s the people that stood by, laughed at jokes, didn’t speak up, didn’t object, didn’t support when they could have. That’s been going on for a long, long time. And now America is reaping what they sowed.

So police were beating on people who were protesting police brutality. Yeah that should solve the problem.

The White House video of Trump’s Bible photo op is so rife for parody!

https://mobile.twitter.com/LydiaBurr...079231493?s=19

I think I have, and I’ve certainly called out people here who voted for Trump or who continue to vote Republican. They are complicit. More than complicit, because they want this. They literally want black Americans to be kept down. I don’t know how anyone can be “suckered” into or be “heavy” into that without being racist.

But so is the silence from white America. It’s the people that stood by, laughed at jokes, didn’t speak up, didn’t object, didn’t support when they could have. That’s been going on for a long, long time. And now America is reaping what they sowed.
    You're underestimating how much work has been put in to selling these lies, and how much dividend that work has paid out. Look at the 100 years people have spent rehabilitating the reputation of the Confederacy. Lies in speeches, lies in books, lies in movies, lies on statues, lies in TEXTBOOKS! All to sell the lies. Get them young, keep them in lies, drown them in the lies. That how they can point at something racist like the Civil War, say "that's not racist", and have people believe it. Our culture may be seeped in racism, but there's a massive effort to keep it that way while telling people it's not true. That's what I mean when I say propaganda gets into people's brain.