Page 509 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 940945949950550650750850951051151251351955960910091509 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,635 of 75153
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Kamala literally accused Biden of racism not too long ago in the debates just last year, and now she’s his VP.

LMAO.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Maybe she had a change of heart.
    Mentally and emotionally stable adults often do when the situation calls for it.
    Kamala Karen was first a prosecutor, now a scumbag politician that 'identifies' herself as a black woman accusing Biden of Racism.

Somebody with a twisted history like that is going to change opinions more than the tides.

If Biden picked Rice, he would have had an actual composed person backing him up who has an outreach to both Republicans and the African American Community.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Maybe she had a change of heart.
    Mentally and emotionally stable adults often do when the situation calls for it.
    Or, she just said it because it's what a "Politics As Vocation..." politician would do in such a situation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Kamala Karen was first a prosecutor, now a scumbag politician that 'identifies' herself as a black woman accusing Biden of Racism.

Somebody with a twisted history like that is going to change opinions more than the tides.

If Biden picked Rice, he would have had an actual composed person backing him up who has an outreach to both Republicans and the African American Community.
    The same Rice who goes around saying autocrats and despots are great men and her friends?

Like I said, there are no perfect choices.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post
    If Biden is serious about winning the election, he needs to attract some independent or moderate voters who voted for Trump, especially in swing states.

His veep choice should better not alienate but attract those independent voters, perhaps by not being too liberal, which might scare off some of the moderates.
    So, what is it, about 40% still approve of Trump. That’s 40% who are rusted-on racist, MAGA-wearing, autocrat-loving, gay-hating, science-denying, birtherist death cultists.

Presumably Biden has the other 60%, which comprises this mystical centre that turns the country in the right direction every four years. Please.

If you’re a moderate that still votes for Trump after all this you ain’t no moderate.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    So, what is it, about 40% still approve of Trump. That’s 40% who are rusted-on racist, MAGA-wearing, autocrat-loving, gay-hating, science-denying, birtherist death cultists.

Presumably Biden has the other 60%, which comprises this mystical centre that turns the country in the right direction every four years. Please.

If you’re a moderate that still votes for Trump after all this you ain’t no moderate.
    Seriously.

Trump's proven himself a racist and idiot. His resume is now, and the past 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    The same Rice who goes around saying autocrats and despots are great men and her friends?

Like I said, there are no perfect choices.
    Rice might also manage to get the base riled up with a redux of Benghazi - the Faux news viewers actually believe it. Myself, any doubts I might have had weren't going to survive 6 investigations being run by people who supposedly wanted to find Clinton guilty but could only find a reason to have more hearings. There's no 'there' there, but that won't stop the right from being riled up over it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Ugh. I hate this ticket and the fact that we're stuck with it for the next 4-8 years if we're lucky. At least now California has a chance to replace Harris and Feinstein.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Seriously.

Trump's proven himself a racist and idiot. His resume is now, and the past 3 years.
    If people had paid attention to his past resume they would have gotten big clues. The full page ad about the Central Park case, the way he has swindled many of his contractors with non-payment , etc. I am surprised that it has taken this long for a SDNY prosecutor to get his hands on Trump's financial records. I know Trump likes to distract with countersuits etc but a lot of it goes back to his nearly billion dollar bankruptcy in the 1990s. And we have had two or three onset reports of Trump using racist language on The Apprentice but Mark Burnett won't allow the release of the tapes. IIRC Trump was given exec producer role, one of those vanity ones that you see a lot in Hollywood but it might give him leverage to keep that all hidden.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-11-2020 at 04:46 PM.

I would have gone with Gretchen Whitmer since she's done such a good job as Michigan Governor, but I'm not terribly disappointed with Kamala Harris. Besides, we do need a governor like Whitmer in a state like Michigan to stop any shenanigans to rig the election.
    Watching television is not an activity.

The progressives will never fully be on board with Kamala because of her time as a DA, but she has spent the last year fighting for police reform, the anti-lynching bill, environmental justice bills, etc. I recall reading an article which said Kamala is “inoculating” herself from a lot of her usual criticism. She now has a counter to people who bring up her more suspect decisions as DA. It won’t make them go away but at least she can show that she’s been fighting for more progressive change as a Senator.

Her past as a DA is a good weapon to use against Trump. He can’t say she was soft on crime when her critics say she was actually too strict at times.

Kamala literally accused Biden of racism not too long ago in the debates just last year, and now she’s his VP.

LMAO.
    She literally prefaced her statement with “I do not believe you are a racist...”

She stated that she was disappointed that he had bragged about working with segregationist Senators. Which is a pretty damn reasonable thing to be upset about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Rice might also manage to get the base riled up with a redux of Benghazi - the Faux news viewers actually believe it. Myself, any doubts I might have had weren't going to survive 6 investigations being run by people who supposedly wanted to find Clinton guilty but could only find a reason to have more hearings. There's no 'there' there, but that won't stop the right from being riled up over it.
    That was my biggest fear as well. Even though it’s all complete and utter BS, Trump and the GOP would resurrect the ghost of Benghazi and focus on Rice’s friendship and connections to the evil Clinton’s.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-11-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I would have gone with Gretchen Whitmer since she's done such a good job as Michigan Governor, but I'm not terribly disappointed with Kamala Harris. Besides, we do need a governor like Whitmer in a state like Michigan to stop any shenanigans to rig the election.
    Whitmer has a bit of her own achilles heel in nursing home deaths - Michigan is another state that moved recovering Covid patients to nursing homes and that hasn't worked out very well. If one of the pitches is going to be how badly Trump has handled this crisis you don't want someone who has made that type of an error as the alternative - it lets too many people fall into 'both sides' crap.

At first glance Michigan might not look too bad, but they don't count assisted living facilities, adult foster care facilities, or homes for the aged which many other states do.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    If people had paid attention to his past resume they would have gotten big clues. The full page ad about the Central Park case, the way he has swindled many of his contractors with non-payment , etc. I am surprised that it has taken this long for a SDNY prosecutor to get his hands on Trump's financial records. I know Trump likes to distract with countersuits etc but a lot of it goes back to his nearly billion dollar bankruptcy in the 1990s. And we have had two or three onset reports of Trump using racist language on The Apprentice but Mark Burnett won't allow the release of the tapes. IIRC Trump was given exec producer role, one of those vanity ones that you see a lot in Hollywood but it might give him leverage to keep that all hidden.
    Yeah, true. There were plenty of warning signs before the election.

But now? They're God damn neon signs, in fifty foot letters. On fire.

Anyone who'd vote for Trump now isn't a moderate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    She literally prefaced her statement with “I do not believe you are a racist...”

She stated that she was disappointed that he had bragged about working with segregationist Senators. Which is a pretty damn reasonable thing to be upset about.
    ...She implied Biden was complicit in racism just by taking a blind eye towards the segregationist attitudes at the time. Her intentions behind calling him out for this were quite clear. Sure, she stopped short of calling him a racist — but she might as well have. She clearly wanted to hurt Biden’s standing with black voters, which really didn’t work at all.
    Of course, none of that matters much now since it turns out it was all just a opportunistic and calculated political ploy in order to help her build up more momentum for her campaign.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 08-11-2020 at 05:36 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Ugh. I hate this ticket and the fact that we're stuck with it for the next 4-8 years if we're lucky. At least now California has a chance to replace Harris and Feinstein.
    I think you mean Pelosi, but the guy running against her has some sexual harassment allegations against him, so who knows how that'll turn out.

...She implied Biden was complicit in racism just by taking a blind eye towards the segregationist attitudes at the time. Her intentions behind calling him out for this were quite clear. Sure, she stopped short of calling him a racist — but she might as well have. She clearly wanted to hurt Biden’s standing with black voters, which really didn’t work at all.
    Of course, none of that matters much now since it turns out it was all just a opportunistic and calculated political ploy in order to help her build up more momentum for her campaign.
    Oh yeah. That’s super crazy for a presidential candidate to point out their opponent’s shortcomings and bad decisions in an attempt to make themselves more electable. Completely unheard of.