Page 484 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3844344744804814824834844854864874884945345849841484 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 75153
    Astonishing Member

Majority of countries have banned Americans due to trump's poor response to the virus. And yet, GOP leadership still aren't concerned with the virus.

Biden at the debate. Steps up to the podium, says "Person, Woman, Man Camera, TV. Thank you and God bless America. Good night." Walks off.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Majority of countries have banned Americans due to trump's poor response to the virus. And yet, GOP leadership still aren't concerned with the virus.
    GOP priorities:

1. Tax cuts
    2. Right wing judge stacking

The virus is so far down their totem pole, it's ridiculous. They're just following Trump's lead since he never game a damn from day one. Closing in on 160,000 dead and he's yet to utter so much as one word of sympathy about the victims, but he's got plenty of time to whine about having been mistreated by the media.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Imagine Democrats using a picture of a praying politician to portray him as weak in an attack ad.

New Trump ad:
    - Edits mic, trees out of photo of Biden in Iowa to claim he's hiding in Delaware basement
    - Uses manipulated photo of Biden at Iowa party to claim he's hiding in basement.
    - Uses photo of him praying after George Floyd's death to portray him as defeated.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/05/p...owa/index.html
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post
    Yeah, Joe Biden is not exactly my favorite candidate, but he is not as bad as Trump. Unfortunately his senility is still a big issue.

The worst democratic candidate versus the worst Republican candidate. The other party candidates are not much better. In fact I never heard any of their names until now.

The presidential candidates from any third party except Kanye West are completely unknown to the public and have never held an elected office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_L...tial_primaries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_G...tial_primaries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_C...tial_primaries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_R...tial_primaries
    Yeah, but the difference between Biden and Trump is that Biden would actually surround himself with the best people who's primary interest would be the good of the country, not a bunch of two-bit yes men who only care about big money and their own interests, the country be damned.

Mighty Member

Regarding the Supreme Court, there's been a progressive movement to give the justices term limits. I'm not opposed to it, but I'm not sure that it's really necessary. One of the things that makes the court unique is it's wild card-ness, for lack of a better word. The judicial nominating process has always been contentious because members of Congress want a justice who will decide cases in lockstep with party ideology, but I don't think it should be that way. Stephen Breyer I believe in the NY Times recently said that once the justices are appointed, politics goes out the window and they decide based on interpretation of the Constitution and the Law, at least that's how he does it. And it's been proven in the past that just because a sitting President appoints a justice that's conservative or liberal doesn't mean they decide that way. Earl Warren, appointed by Dwight D. Eisenhower is one example as is David Souter, a George Bush appointee. John Roberts, a G. W. Bush appointee I think has proven to be more centrist than anything else. Someone mentioned that Trump has tried to "pack the court" like FDR before him, but this recent term I wouldn't say has been a clear cut victory. The ability to fire based on orientation was struck down recently as was the abortion law in Louisiana. He did get a win on his tax records. At the end of the day though, I think and hope the justices decide cases based on interpretation of the law and the constitution. The Electoral College case this year, all of them voted 9-0 in favor of the EC not going rogue. So again, that's what I like about the court, the unpredictability of it.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

New York's attorney general to file a lawsuit to dissolve the NRA on the grounds of illegal spending and self-dealing.

I do not see it happening, but it would be funny if taxes were the thing to take down the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    New York's attorney general to file a lawsuit to dissolve the NRA on the grounds of illegal spending and self-dealing.

I do not see it happening, but it would be funny if taxes were the thing to take down the NRA.
    I read that as NBA first and was like what the

Hillary was right!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I read that as NBA first and was like what the
    No, they don't have dirt on the National Basketball Association, or the National Ringworm Association. Supposedly, the rifle folks have been wasting millions on safari trips, lavish meals, and club memberships when those were meant to be used as charitable funds.

You know... I always wondered what would have happened if the Revolt at Cincinnati never happened and the organization ended up moving to Colorado Springs, as planned. Sure, they would have fit right in with the growing conservative shift in Colorado and the Rocky Mountains and the NRA probably would have ended up becoming the same group it is now a few years later than what actually happened, but perhaps they may have stayed as the outdoorsmen club that would brag endlessly about how their Remington bagged five trophy bucks last season with the change in scenery.
    Last edited by GindyPosts; 08-06-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

Well, it worked for Al Capone...

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Yeah, but the difference between Biden and Trump is that Biden would actually surround himself with the best people who's primary interest would be the good of the country, not a bunch of two-bit yes men who only care about big money and their own interests, the country be damned.
    A further problem with Trump is that the bench is pretty weak of the people who would be willing to serve in his administration in a second term.

It's interesting that this isn't enough for some on the left. I'm curious what the problem there is. Is it just that she had the temerity against Bernie Sanders?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Regarding the Supreme Court, there's been a progressive movement to give the justices term limits. I'm not opposed to it, but I'm not sure that it's really necessary. One of the things that makes the court unique is it's wild card-ness, for lack of a better word. The judicial nominating process has always been contentious because members of Congress want a justice who will decide cases in lockstep with party ideology, but I don't think it should be that way. Stephen Breyer I believe in the NY Times recently said that once the justices are appointed, politics goes out the window and they decide based on interpretation of the Constitution and the Law, at least that's how he does it. And it's been proven in the past that just because a sitting President appoints a justice that's conservative or liberal doesn't mean they decide that way. Earl Warren, appointed by Dwight D. Eisenhower is one example as is David Souter, a George Bush appointee. John Roberts, a G. W. Bush appointee I think has proven to be more centrist than anything else. Someone mentioned that Trump has tried to "pack the court" like FDR before him, but this recent term I wouldn't say has been a clear cut victory. The ability to fire based on orientation was struck down recently as was the abortion law in Louisiana. He did get a win on his tax records. At the end of the day though, I think and hope the justices decide cases based on interpretation of the law and the constitution. The Electoral College case this year, all of them voted 9-0 in favor of the EC not going rogue. So again, that's what I like about the court, the unpredictability of it.
    Generally, justices are going to decide based on their interpretation of the law and the constitution. That's where the main arguments come in.

I do think there is much to be said about term limits. If justices were limited to 18 years, Presidents would be more willing to nominate older legal minds, rather than the current focus on people who can be in the court for decades.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Trump says, without evidence, vaccine could be ready by Election Day

President Donald Trump said Thursday that a vaccine for the coronavirus could be ready before Election Day, contradicting the timeline that many health experts have said is realistic.

When asked on Geraldo Rivera's radio show if a vaccine could be ready by Nov. 3, Trump said, "I think in some cases, yes, possible before, but right around that time."

"We have great companies, great. These are the greatest companies of the world," Trump said. "And the rest of the world is also doing vaccines, so let's see how they do. I'm all for them, whoever comes up with them."
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Traditional ways of predicting a winner are out the door this year. The GOP candidate is an amoral narcissistic sociopath who will cheat in every way possible to win.