Early voting has started in Ohio. My neighbor had the times and days all messed up. So I am going to get there the next couple of days and get my vote cast.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thats great! Then there should be no problems with the profiles WBE does because they are full of Homophobic, Transphobic, racists being brought to light and everyone on here (And I am sure he does these other places also) can see them.

Any one with a bias against hate and racism should have no problem with those profiles.
    I don't have a problem with the profiles at all, I actually read most of them (I probably read those more than most folks here) and they're both interesting and scary. But that's not necessarily what we were discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Early voting has started in Ohio. My neighbor had the times and days all messed up. So I am going to get there the next couple of days and get my vote cast.
    Vote and then use your Blob powers to cover the doors so no one else can get in to vote, as you mentioned it's a heavy GOP area

The Lincoln project are doing some good work on Ohio:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw8hrdoeSHQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz_p31YDscw

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The whataboutism this, and both sides that is not only ridiculous on steroids, it’s an insult to the intelligence of anyone with two working brain cells and knows better. The instances of Democrats behaving badly (yes, they do exist) is nothing more than a trickle compared to the biblical flood of racists, misogynists, xenophobes, homophobes, criminals, seditionists, garden variety loons and outright psychopaths who populate the Qpublican Party. WBE’s profiles have clearly shown the GQP is beyond redeemable, and worse, they don’t care about redemption, only power, and they’re all too willing to flush democracy down the toilet to get it. Anyone willing to defend Qpublicans in any way, shape or form are every bit as morally corrupt as the party itself.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The whataboutism this, and both sides that is not only ridiculous on steroids, it’s an insult to the intelligence of anyone with two working brain cells and knows better. The instances of Democrats behaving badly (yes, they do exist) is nothing more than a trickle compared to the biblical flood of racists, misogynists, xenophobes, homophobes, criminals, seditionists, garden variety loons and outright psychopaths who populate the Qpublican Party. WBE’s profiles have clearly shown the GQP is beyond redeemable, and worse, they don’t care about redemption, only power, and they’re all too willing to flush democracy down the toilet to get it. Anyone willing to defend Qpublicans in any way, shape or form are every bit as morally corrupt as the party itself.
    You're not wrong - but care to comment on data that shows that since 2000 there are more Democrat politicians convicted of crimes than Republicans? (Federal + State + Local)

I'm just saying that a lot of stuff on WBE's profiles is subjective and it's certainly not 'universal truth' - e.g. pointing out politicians who vote against increasing the US debt ceiling; I mean - really? As if increasing the debt ceiling time after time is a good thing, from an economics standpoint.
    This is just an example, there are many others where he passes off subjective and debatable things as universal truths (which they're not). Obviously I'm not disputing the racist and homophobic stuff.
    Last edited by hyped78; 10-12-2022 at 09:58 AM.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-donald-trump/

https://www.christianpost.com/news/d...ohn-kerry.html

I wonder where the encouragement for this sort of behavior comes from?
    Last edited by Dalak; 10-12-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Well-intentioned policies can still be poorly conceived, not just poorly implemented. The consequences can still be terrible, and in some cases worse than the consequences of policies that you would consider to be immoral.

There is also the potential downside of the backlash to poorly implemented well-intentioned policies. It helps the other side win more elections.
    What you're saying is basically a "slippery-slope" argument. It's a very common argument used by conservatives to slow or halt change, which is really the foundation of Conservatism.
    Every action we take carries the risk of unintended consequences. To do nothing in the face of an existing or worsening problem because of the fear of unintended consequences is not rational.
    Getting out of bed and leaving the house every day entails risk. You could get hit by a bus crossing the street. To not get out of bed because of that risk would be considered irrational by most people.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I have zero interest in doing that, zero. Not everyone wants to take up the same hobbies as you do. Plus disproving anecdotes with anecdotes is... anecdotal. It's sad if you can't see that.

Also - your profiles point out a lot of things that you believe are wrong, but that aren't necessarily universally wrong. Because you're biased. We're all biased, you see. You, me, all of us - and we're not all supposed to think the same way.

I did present data on the number of GOP and Democrat Federal + State + Local politicians convicted of crimes, which gives a more factual and holistic view of things than your chosen profiles do. You prefer to ignore that data because it doesn't suit your narrative. I had no idea what the data would say, obviously.
    It's more than just anecdotes. WBE provides the voting records of every Congressional Representative and Senator he's profiled. That includes the Democrats he profiles on April Fool's Day. Look it up if you don't believe me.

But the real problem with Republicans who admit that there's a lot of rot within their party is when they can't seem to bring themselves to switch to Democrat. When asked why, they give the same old lies about Democrats without realizing that is those same rotten Republicans who told them those lies in the first place. If you realize that someone has been completely full of crap for the whole time you supported them, why would you still believe what they told you about their opponents?
    Watching television is not an activity.

But why do you assume a discriminatory situation already existed? In the RAF case, for example?
    As I said before, I have to assume there had been an existing policy of discrimination, since the people in charge saw fit to implement the corrective policy in the first place.
    There's a cost in time, personnel and money involved in doing these kinds of things. I guess it's possible the people in charge would've signed off on it without an actual existing problem, but I don't think it's likely.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's more than just anecdotes. WBE provides the voting records of every Congressional Representative and Senator he's profiled. That includes the Democrats he profiles on April Fool's Day. Look it up if you don't believe me.

But the real problem with Republicans who admit that there's a lot of rot within their party is when they can't seem to bring themselves to switch to Democrat. When asked why, they give the same old lies about Democrats without realizing that is those same rotten Republicans who told them those lies in the first place. If you realize that someone has been completely full of crap for the whole time you supported them, why would you still believe what they told you about their opponents?
    I know. But as I've written on #53530, a lot of the stuff he points out is purely subjective. Just because you don't agree with a way a politician votes that doesn't mean that the politician is "wrong" and you're "right". Just because a politician's values don't align with yours, it doesn't mean that their values are 'worse' than yours.

Again - I will emphasize that anything that has to do with racism, homophobia, etc. is clearly wrong and not up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    As I said before, I have to assume there had been an existing policy of discrimination, since the people in charge saw fit to implement the corrective policy in the first place.
    There's a cost in time, personnel and money involved in doing these kinds of things. I guess it's possible the people in charge would've signed off on it without an actual existing problem, but I don't think it's likely.
    It's bad enough that they've rolled it back, after much media and public bashing

It's bad enough that they've rolled it back, after much media and public bashing
    Despite the problems, the intentions were basically good, but that point of view isn't likely to get clicks or views.
    There were a lot of crashes before the Wright Bros. got their plane to fly. I'd hope the people who designed this policy can make it work properly.

Amazing Member

I read the comments section of an article about how Ken Paxton will be re-elected despite being America's worst Attorney General.

I'm tired of being victim blamed by people who don't understand how bad voter suppression is in Texas.

The verdict for the Alex Jones is being read right now. Each defendant is getting millions of dollars. I fully expect this to be appealed, and I really don't expect Jones to pay a dime (the verdict is one thing. Enforcing it is another), but I suppose there is some vindication here for the families. Never mind the fact that Jones has doubled down on calling Sandy Hook a hoax again in recent days.

EDIT: total is around $1 BILLION Dollars. Meanwhile, Alex Jones didn't even show up, he's talking shit on InfoWars.

News article is here.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 10-12-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-donald-trump/

https://www.christianpost.com/news/d...ohn-kerry.html

I wonder where the encouragement for this sort of behavior comes from?
    I feel that he is a study of snake oil salesmanship. Or, in modern parlance, rainmaking. Like many businessmen, he realizes the art and pull of rainmaking. That's all it is, he's a rainmaker. Doing what a lot of people who have something to sell will do, getting people's ears by telling them what they want to hear and making himself memorable at the same time.

This is not about success, its not about ideas, its not about doing what's best for anyone, its not about anything but bringing people to him.

Ethical? Different question. Effective? Oh yes. He offends a lot of people, that for sure. He's competent at almost zero things. Yet still, he became president. Several people are studying what he did and will be copying it I imagine.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The verdict for the Alex Jones is being read right now. Each defendant is getting millions of dollars. I fully expect this to be appealed, and I really don't expect Jones to pay a dime (the verdict is one thing. Enforcing it is another), but I suppose there is some vindication here for the families. Never mind the fact that Jones has doubled down on calling Sandy Hook a hoax again in recent days.

EDIT: total is around $1 BILLION Dollars. Meanwhile, Alex Jones didn't even show up, he's talking shit on InfoWars.

News article is here.
    I think we can all agree that he went out of his way to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    I read the comments section of an article about how Ken Paxton will be re-elected despite being America's worst Attorney General.

I'm tired of being victim blamed by people who don't understand how bad voter suppression is in Texas.
    How much better would Democrats do in Texas if not for voter suppression? 5 points? 10 points? 2 points max?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets