BANNED

Who wants to tell him that a Republican President and Senate was in government during the last four years?

I guess we aren't blaming China anymore, which is good I guess for the AAPI community.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Sounds like Daffy Devin skipped his meds before going on Faux News. Qpublicans are growing crazier with each passing day. The mere thought of those looney tunes regaining power in 2022 or 2024 is nothing short of frightening.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Ok, seriously...

Why are folks even wasting time on garbage like this?

Even your "Classic Coke..." business-as-usual Republican?

It's been decades since they had anything like "Conservative..." principles. If they ever had them at all.
    Yep. This.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That this is your take on this law is unsurprising, sad but unsurprising.

And no, there is no need to explain the intent of this law.
    It's not my take on the law. It's a question I have based on the stated reasons for the law mentioned in the second paragraph of the article. It's entirely reasonable to believe that existing laws were sufficient to deal with elections officials or poll workers who commit violations.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Damon Weaver, Child Reporter Who Interviewed President Barack Obama at the White House, dies at 23.

https://www.theroot.com/damon-weaver...ent-1846905349

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Considering your normal take, is this another instance of demanding we stop caring about how Republicans are trying to destroy the foundation of the country when there are Democrats to rail against for not being perfect?

For anyone who may actually take your schtick seriously, the answer is because there are still millions of people who honestly believe that the Republican party is a conservative organization rather than a reactionary one, and the public needs to be reminded of that often if only to counter the lies that they are anything else.
    No, not really.

It's more like "At The Very Least, Be Smart Enough To Flatly Reject Any Scenario Where Someone Is Trying To Sell You On That Someone With The Last Name 'Cheney...' Is Trying To Move The Republican Party Back To 'Conservative...' Principles..."

No Cheney I am aware of has every done anything of the sort.

I'd put an entire box of jellybeans on that they never will.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I think the media should report every day on the deep conflicts in the Republican party, personally. Being dysfunctional and chaotic should be their new public image.
    Except for that there is no deep conflict.

It's just the mask that a lot of the "Business As Usual..." Republicans are wearing this week/month/year.

Once it is out of fashion?

It's just skin that they will shed. Just like they have done a number of times up until now.

As Biden Stays Mum, Senators Make Bipartisan Call For Ceasefire In Gaza

As 30 senators call for an immediate halt to violence in Israel and Gaza on Sunday, the president has yet to do the same — despite the Palestinian civilian death toll climbing. I find that silence troubling.

CNN Advertisers Silent On Rick Santorum’s Racist Comments About Native Americans

Does anybody care about sharing airtime with a guy who said “nothing” existed in America before white colonizers arrived? More silence I don't understand.

Rep. Liz Cheney Calls Trump A ‘Continuing Danger,’ Urges Unity Against Him

“His continued attacks on the Constitution and the rule of law is dangerous and we all have an obligation to stand up against that,” she said. Qpublicans worry a civil war in their ranks would put their chances of gaining ground in next tear's midterms at risk, so the party jettisoned Cheney because, Trump before all, case in point....

Maddow Spots The Stat That Proves Cheney Purge Is Just Another Supplication To Trump

“It’s about performative sycophancy, bending the knee abjectly, to Donald Trump,” said the MSNBC anchor. Hmm! Sounds about right.

Senator Ted Cruz Says Making It Easier To Vote Is Actually ‘Jim Crow 2.0’

Republicans are trying to block the For the People Act, Democrats’ top-priority legislative package. Yo, Fled! Go home! Your village is missing it's idiot.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-17-2021 at 01:30 AM.

https://twitter.com/CBSNewsPoll/stat...38110426275840

The Republican party is an anti-democratic party.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    As Biden Stays Mum, Senators Make Bipartisan Call For Ceasefire In Gaza

As 30 senators call for an immediate halt to violence in Israel and Gaza on Sunday, the president has yet to do the same — despite the Palestinian civilian death toll climbing. I find that silence troubling.

The guy has spent just about an entire career being an almost strictly "Business As Usual..." politician.

There isn't much to be disappointed in or troubled by. Just a "Business As Usual..." politician doing "Business As Usual..." stuff.

Not like he didn't level with folks about that going in.

I don't remember if this has been shared already or no

Man charged with wife’s murder illegally cast her ballot for Trump, officials say: ‘I just thought, give him another vote’

Barry echoed Trump’s false claims of election fraud as the motivation for his own alleged wrongdoing, according to an affidavit filed Thursday in court. The 53-year-old told FBI agents last month that he did it because “all these other guys are cheating” and said his wife would have backed Trump anyway.

“I just thought, give him another vote,” Barry allegedly said.

It was the latest wild twist in a widely followed missing-person case — publicized in part by Barry’s emotional pleas for his wife’s return — as well as in a presidential race dogged by false claims Trump lost the election due to fraud.

“It’s bonkers,” Mitchell told The Washington Post.

Barry is charged with a felony count of forgery and a misdemeanor count of offenses related to mail ballots, court records show, on top of other charges stemming from his wife’s disappearance.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

But hey, it's voters on the left who cheated out the ass back in November. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Because their constituents are dumber than a box of hammers and believe every damn thing Qpublicans say, without fail.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.