Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Every time I hear her talk I think "What a great parody character in a sitcom." Then I get really angry when I remember she is an elected official.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    He became a hero of the right wing the day he killed 3 people at a BLM protest.
    I dont know how a guy like Rittenhouse who is such a steadfast firm supporter of BLM became a hero to the right.

Im just waiting for a photo shopped image of him hugging Jessie Jackson to show up on his Tiwtter!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Sorry, shot 3 people.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Civil War was great. I thought it was a good scene when Captain America sees how much the fighting has affected ordinary people and decides to stand down.

While I am against political violence in general, it seems especially important that it should be a last resort, which requires everyone involved articulating what their cause is and why they are fighting. We should never do anything that can be construed as providing moral permission or intellectual cover for political violence on a hunch.
    That kind of certainty does not exist. If you build a Catch-22 situation then there can be no proof and that is not how causes work as it isn't a consensus but contention that produces results.

Democrats were furious about what they saw as the Republicans’ theft of the Southern states. Henry Watterson, a journalist and Democratic member of the Kentucky House of Representatives, used his platform to call for a “peaceful army of 100,000 men” to march on Washington unless Tilden was declared the winner, stoking fears of a second Civil War.

Faced with fears of violence and a deadlock between the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives and the Republican-controlled Senate, Congress struggled to find a solution. The Constitution offered no clear guidance about how to deal with a contested electoral vote, and members suggested and bitterly rejected a variety of proposals.

Time was ticking. The inauguration was scheduled for March 5, 1877, and the legislators didn’t hit on a solution until late January. Finally, they reached a compromise: a one-time commission consisting of an equal number of House and Senate lawmakers, four Supreme Court justices, and an additional justice selected by the participating Supreme Court members. Although multiple Republicans objected to the measure, it passed and outgoing President Ulysses S. Grant signed the Electoral Commission Act on January 29.
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/h...ess-responded/

addressing this quote
    Yet while most of the official Democratic Party — meaning its elected officials and paid staffers — now agrees that it erred by allowing its brand to be associated with unpopular left-wing ideas, many progressives remain loath to concede the point, noting that the Democrats got their old white moderate and still only managed to eke out a win against a historically unpopular incumbent. Their most common pushback, now as then, is to treat the argument that Democrats need to cater to political moderates as an endorsement of white power. Will Stancil, a progressive researcher and popular left-wing social-media personality, has dismissed calls for heeding public opinion as “a tool for moderate white dudes to argue in defense of the old consensus that moderate white dudes have the most pragmatic politics.” Taifa Smith Butler, president of the progressive think tank Demos, told CNN’s Ron Brownstein that Democrats should focus on “marginalized communities,” rather than “continuing to try to appease white moderates.” The Washington Post’s Perry Bacon Jr. argued, “The idea of White appeasement is certainly not new, even if it is often not acknowledged directly or referred to with a pejorative such as ‘appeasement’ — the term ‘electability’ is often invoked instead, obscuring that the swing voters at issue are almost all White.”

The grim irony is that, in attempting to court non-white voters, Democrats ended up turning them off. It was not only that they got the data wrong — they were also courting these “marginalized communities” in ways that didn’t appeal to them. For the reality is that the Democratic Party’s most moderate voters are disproportionately Latino and Black.
    Apart from that poling the crux of the argument is don't give the White Base a choice - either they will or the won't join the movement. Unfortunate, as that's the SAME argument far right racists have been making for years of when push come to shove people will choose their own race rather than a radical future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The book appears more descriptive than prescriptive. The part that you quoted and emphasized in bold isn't very appealing as "public revolts would likely arrive unattached to coherent plans, pushing society into interminable cycles of zero-sum clashes between myopic authorities and their increasingly furious subjects.
    Yes it doesn't argue FOR it only saying that is what will happen. The choice to embrace it or reject it is the reader's

The authorities are making mistakes, but the outsiders don't know what the hell they're doing either, as “networks can protest and overthrow, but never govern.”
    He does point to a kind of stalemate existing now

I really disagree with the idea that the reason people with the expertise to determine whether there is evidence of fraud aren't coming forward is that it's not in their interests to do so.
    Anyone younger and ambitious who is able to demonstrate election shenanigans (IE- a nontrivial percentage of votes were cast fraudulently, either by noncitizens, people who were made up and/ or on behalf of people who did not vote) would be a major figure. Their status would be elevated. They would be positioned for political appointments, jobs as commentators, etc.
    Even if it is too politically risky for someone younger to come forward with evidence of wrongdoing, there are older people who don't have to worry about getting along with their coworkers. They can set up a nice retirement with a book deal.
    If mail-in ballots are counted with regular ballots, there is still a lot of data that can be analyzed to demonstrate whether the election could have been affected by people who should not have been allowed to vote.
    I realize you do, but for me while in the realm of possibility it is more a case of the numbers against it happening (who are those that go into such fields) or further being meaningful, for if this one analyst is being drowned out and called a partisan hack what would would some some shining star be able to do. Again the book addresses some of this around an Iranian online activist and how the Balkanization does not allow for things to grow as they do under Vertical Systems into mass movements. Fringe and contained so back to the stalemate.

The states have access to who votes and in what elections. This can be checked to determine whether dead people are voting, or whether made-up people are voting (IE- if John Miller in 104th Street votes in a district that has no John Miller, and where 80th street is the highest number street.)
    The question of audits such as that have been blocked by courts driven by the objections of NGO's infamous case being the audit of motor voters in California.
    Last edited by Xheight; 11-24-2021 at 09:05 AM.

20 migrants died in English Channel today when their dinghy collapsed, near Calais so close to the start of their attempted crossing to England.

That comes a couple of days after photos in UK papers of French police officers having a coffee break, totally ignoring migrants loading themselves onto a dinghy a few feet away….bizarre beyond belief, “guardians of the law”, not giving a toss while feet away a score of people commit an illegal and life threatening act.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Would he be welcome back at his University? Or where? People have made up their minds as to what he was doing there and that is going to limit his life choices, it is another by product of our ever intolerant society.
    BOO FUCKING HOO! Nobody forced Rittenhouse to cross state lines to play vigilante, nor was it wasn't like his life depended on going to Kenosha that night. That miserable punk made his decision, and now he has to live with the consequences, plain and simple. Maybe if he thought things through ahead of time and chose not to play Rambo, his life choices wouldn't be limited today. I have ZERO tolerance for that little shitstain, however, I'm sure the Qpublican Party will shelter him for the rest of time....or at least until he's outlived his usefulness to them.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Teenage heroes of the Left and the Right

Last edited by Kirby101; 11-24-2021 at 10:47 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    BOO FUCKING HOO! Nobody forced Rittenhouse to cross state lines to play vigilante, nor was it wasn't like his life depended on going to Kenosha that night. That miserable punk made his decision, and now he has to live with the consequences, plain and simple. Maybe if he thought things through ahead of time and chose not to play Rambo, his life choices wouldn't be limited today. I have ZERO tolerance for that little shitstain, however, I'm sure the Qpublican Party will shelter him for the rest of time....or at least until he's outlived his usefulness to them.
    The QOP Love him. I am sure he will get a lot of gigs during the campaign season. The Defender of our rights, American Values etc...

Meanwhile I wonder if a not guilty verdict in the Arbery case and carp goes south how many Rittenhouse **** stain wanna be are there going to be?

The jury did ask to watch the video of the killing today and they watched it 3 times. And they wanted to listen to the 911 call again.
    Last edited by babyblob; 11-24-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    Would he be welcome back at his University? Or where? People have made up their minds as to what he was doing there and that is going to limit his life choices, it is another by product of our ever intolerant society.

Case and point - the reductive nature of such statements doesn't allow for anything but the political reality.
    This is just a pet peeve of mine, but the phrase is "Case in point," not case and point.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Breaking news. A Verdict has been reached in the Arbery case. it has not been announced what it is. But they will tell it soon. So if you are by a tv turn on a news station.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I suspected you had little to no sympathy for him but my point is by forcing people to take sides you might not like the outcome of such absolutes. BLM sympathetic people might well say screw that if my business is in the way of a protest. It is easy to sing along in the burbs where none of the looting happens shuttered store and restaurant owners and workers not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump met with Rittennhouse. I bet Trump is going to offer him a job.
    Would Obama meet with a BLM protester who killed two people? I seriously doubt it.

We’re at a point where a former President and leader of a major political party is rewarding people for killing fellow Americans with opposing political views. Let that sink in for a moment folks.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 11-24-2021 at 11:40 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

First defendant Travis McMichael Guilty on all counts.

They have to read for the other 2.