Page 495 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3954454854914924934944954964974984995055455959951495 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 75153
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    people saying Harris is too ambitious is exactly WHY she should be the pick

it NEEDS to be a non white woman

if you need it explained to you why that is, I don't do unpaid labor to educate mayonnaise jars, you can ask for my *******
    The only people claiming Harris is being too ambitions are people boosting for Harris and saying “I heard people on Biden’s team think she’s too ambitious”. As if Warren wouldn’t be.

Anyways I don’t think she adds anything, she’s not as popular with black voters as Biden anyways, and she actually has weaknesses there.

If it must be a black a woman, Rice or Bass are probably the two.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    people saying Harris is too ambitious is exactly WHY she should be the pick

it NEEDS to be a non white woman

if you need it explained to you why that is, I don't do unpaid labor to educate mayonnaise jars, you can ask for my *******
    So ambitious that she didn't even try to get the nomination once the going actually got rough...

We know.

Which ain't to say that the case for a non-white woman isn't rock solid.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The only people claiming Harris is being too ambitions are people boosting for Harris and saying “I heard people on Biden’s team think she’s too ambitious”. As if Warren wouldn’t be.

Anyways I don’t think she adds anything, she’s not as popular with black voters as Biden anyways, and she actually has weaknesses there.

If it must be a black a woman, Rice or Bass are probably the two.
    Honestly?

Rice's qualifications look a whole lot like George W's old man's looked when he was VP and then President.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    You may wanna dig further into this Executive Order. Its said he wants to defer Payroll taxes and it pretty much hurts the Social Security program. Trump has claimed after election he wants to do away with oayroll tax as well if he gets a 2nd term. Pretty much a clear sign he wants to destroy SS.
    He's banking on the fact that his supporters won't do much research beyond the headline: Trump Does Away With Payroll Tax.
    The fact is that employers are legally bound to withhold the money anyway or faces fines. The average worker either won't see an appreciable benefit in their pay or wages will be cut to accommodate the annual fine.

I think we'll see more of these fake helping through executive order moves over the next few weeks.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Well of course there's going to be a dilemma when the country with the most powerful and destructive military in human history also happens to be the one where all of these movies are being made. We have been the real evil empire all along, regardless of what we pretend to believe to make ourselves feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

I think she would have been cancelled out by Bernie 4 years ago.
    A large part of what gave Bernie his push is that he was the ONLY viable non-Clinton person running - and he only did that because Warren wouldn't at the time. If Warren had run one of two things happens in the Dem primary. Either opposition to Clinton doesn't coalesce around one person, making it less of a force in the primary, or Bernie doesn't run at all and campaigns for Warren (not sure how that would have played out, but it is a moot point).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly?

Rice's qualifications look a whole lot like George W's old man's looked when he was VP and then President.
    So you're saying she should not be picked because she'd only be a one-termer?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I think the issue the Biden team is facing is that all polling suggests Warren is the smartest choice and helps him the most on the ballot but sheÂ’s not the favorite of the higher ups who supported him from the beginning,
    I think Warren is problematic, I liker her policy proposals, but I think there are some character issues, as she has a history of stretching the truth for her own ambitions. She was also a hardcore conservative until she was 47. I'm not saying someone can't change, but it is a pretty radical switch for someone who is 47, (Sanders not Clinton/Biden left) and then she didn't seem to have any problem shifting to the center left during the campaign.

I guess I question her sincerity in what she actually believes. Is she running on the populist left because that's what she truly believes, or did she help bump Sanders out of the election this year, because she thinks his brand of politics is the best path to the Whitehouse for her in coming years?

The African American vote during the primaries also sided overwhelmingly with Biden, and I think that base wants a representative from their community on the ticket in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post

Yah, she handled the covid crisis well. Her response kept the covid cases in Michigan below 100k cases.
    Yes, and she didn't cave into the pressure when President Trump was criticizing her for the lockdown, by supporting anti Covid protesters decked out in balaclava's and assault rifles. At the end of the day I don't think she's in the running to be picked, but she'll make a good presidential candidate down the road.

You know, I'm starting to think that Kamala's attacks on Biden during the primaries may have poisoned the well, I wouldn't be surprised if he picks someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I think Warren is problematic, I liker her policy proposals, but I think there are some character issues, as she has a history of stretching the truth for her own ambitions. She was also a hardcore conservative until she was 47. I'm not saying someone can't change, but it is a pretty radical switch for someone who is 47, (Sanders not Clinton/Biden left) and then she didn't seem to have any problem shifting to the center left during the campaign.

I guess I question her sincerity in what she actually believes. Is she running on the populist left because that's what she truly believes, or did she help bump Sanders out of the election this year, because she thinks his brand of politics is the best path to the Whitehouse for her in coming years?

The African American vote during the primaries also sided overwhelmingly with Biden, and I think that base wants a representative from their community on the ticket in return.

When you look at that Harris didn't even so much as investigate Herbalife when that company certainly ripped off some of the community that you mentioned, it's kind of odd to just glance over that while trying cast a suspect eye at Warren.

While I guess that I can see folks not completely trusting Warren, she is a whole lot more trustworthy than you average "Business As Usual..." Democrat.

Mighty Member

When you look at that Harris didn't even so much as investigate Herbalife when that company certainly ripped off some of the community that you mentioned, it's kind of odd to just glance over that while trying cast a suspect eye at Warren.

While I guess that I can see folks not completely trusting Warren, she is a whole lot more trustworthy than you average "Business As Usual..." Democrat.
    I was not privy to that information, it's suspect, but not criminal, and there is no direct link between Herbalife and the African American community, it's a dietary supplement brand most likely bought by women trying to watch their weight. Kamala isn't my first choice, though I think she is a credible one.

Elizabeth Warren has put her self under the microscope, from frequent lies, radically changing her political position at age 47, running as a left wing populist while having a history of taking donations from millionaires, finally a lot of people are doubtful about her accusations towards Bernie Sanders. If she cared so much about the liberal cause, why didn't she endorse Bernie Sanders in the primary to give Biden a run for his money?

I was not privy to that information, it's suspect, but not criminal, and there is no direct link between Herbalife and the African American community, it's a dietary supplement brand most likely bought by women trying to watch their weight. Kamala isn't my first choice, though I think she is a credible one.

Elizabeth Warren has put her self under the microscope, from frequent lies, radically changing her political position at age 47, running as a left wing populist while having a history of taking donations from millionaires, finally a lot of people are doubtful about her accusations towards Bernie Sanders. If she cared so much about the liberal cause, why didn't she endorse Bernie Sanders in the primary to give Biden a run for his money?
    A pyramid scheme that plenty of other Attorneys General held to account just overlooked ripping off the African American community?

Got my doubts about that assertion.

Mighty Member

A pyramid scheme that plenty of other Attorneys General held to account just overlooked ripping off the African American community?

Got my doubts about that assertion.
    but you haven't provided evidence that African Americans were disproportionately ripped off by herbalife, you haven't even provided evidence of who was ripped off. Was it white suburban moms living in Orange County? Farmers in Arkansas? It's all depended upon who went into the scheme last regardless of income.

If you looking to state that Kamala Harris was complicit in ripping of the African American community than it rests upon you to provide the empirical evidence. Either way, it won't affect me because Harris isn't my first choice for VP, so the outcome doesn't matter to me.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Yeah.

Anyone not named Bernie Sanders has to accept donations from the wealthy in order to have campaigns. It's just an unfortunate reality of politics today.
    I don't begrudge Warren for taking donations from millionaires. But, like any other candidate, due diligence should be done to ensure those donations don't come with "strings" that would effectively corrupt/usurp the entire candidacy.

I also don't begrudge people who change their minds - they're allowed.
    If done too often, it can affect the public perception of what a candidate stands for, making them seem unreliable.
    But I don't believe, if elected, that Elizabeth would do another 180 and become a conservative - if that's what you're insinuating.

As for the endorsement, that's a little more complicated.
    Though Progressive, Warren is not "anti-establishment" in the same sense that Sanders is (whether or not that perception is true or deserved).
    She's all about moving the DNC leftward through traditional insider politics, towing the party-line where necessary, building bridges and relationships, i.e. doing the hard work.

When the Great DNC Presidential Consolidation of 2020 happened, Warren was in a tough spot:
    • Back the Progressive Candidate, possibly alienating the Party and burning those bridges on a gamble.
    • Back the Consensus Candidate, and continuing building credit with DNC to ultimately move it leftward by other means.

So, again, I don't begrudge Warren's decision here.

Ultimately, I think Warren is a good politician, doing great work, but she made a few mistakes this election cycle and was immediately and undeservedly treated very unfairly, especially by the progressive base.
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 08-09-2020 at 12:11 PM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

but you haven't provided evidence that African Americans were disproportionately ripped off by herbalife, you haven't even provided evidence of who was ripped off. Was it white suburban moms living in Orange County? Farmers in Arkansas? It's all depended upon who went into the scheme last regardless of income.

If you looking to state that Kamala Harris was complicit in ripping of the African American community than it rests upon you to provide the empirical evidence. Either way, it won't affect me because Harris isn't my first choice for VP, so the outcome doesn't matter to me.
    This is what it looks like when a pyramid scheme is making an attempt to rip off a particular community. Which is apparently not something that Harris even though warranted an investigation back when she was AG.

http://saltydroid.info/herbalife-vs-black-people/
    Last edited by numberthirty; 08-09-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I do give props to Biden for one thing. To have a group of millionaire donors all together and tell them at a fundraiser he's gonna raise their taxes after he's in office takes balls. I mean literal big balls to tell these people giving your campaign money. I saw that article and was like , damn. That is a big move.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.