Page 683 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 18358363367367968068168268368468568668769373378311831683 ... LastLast
Results 10,231 to 10,245 of 75153
    Mighty Member

I hope the protest voters are happy now. Let's see how the purity test works out for you.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    So, Murkowski, Collins, Grassley, and Romney have all gone on record as to not voting on a new SC nominee until after the inauguration. After the **** with Justice Kegger, I just won't believe it until I see it.
    They better. Collins is interesting because she’s likely to lose her seat because of Kav. I wonder if she’ll campaign on this

It’s really hard not to feel completely defeated right now. It will be generations before this country recovers (if we survive that long).

Tucker on Fox news read a statement from Who he said is Mitch. he said it was handed to him by his producers so he cant say for sure.

But it said that Trumps pick will get a vote in the Senate before the election.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

This should jump to the top of the list of things every Democratic senate campaign starts hammering in ads. Mitch can't do a deal or vote on bills but he can ram a third SC judge in 2 months before the election despite what he said for Obama

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Oh btw in case you we’re wondering, all those Never Trump Republicans that were potentially going to vote for Biden.... let’s see what they do when the sacrifice is 4 years of Trump for 20 years of 6-3 conservative majority. Something tells me those lifelong Republicans are going to think s bit on it.

Can’t stress this enough, this is the absolute worst case scenario
    The majority of Never Trumpers still care more about the survival of the country than they do about any SCOTUS appointments.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The majority of Never Trumpers still care more about the survival of the country than they do about any SCOTUS appointments.
    Trump won't appoint a conservative, but a reactionary.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I am very upset about this news. I respected the Hell out of RBG. I am saddened by this news not just because of her death. She cared deeply for civil rights and fought for equality. But I am saddened because of what this means as Trump for force a SC justice through and I dont see how the Dems can stop him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I hope the protest voters are happy now. Let's see how the purity test works out for you.
    Better not hear a peep out them now either! If they're still pouting about Bernie, they need to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am very upset about this news. I respected the Hell out of RBG. I am saddened by this news not just because of her death. She cared deeply for civil rights and fought for equality. But I am saddened because of what this means as Trump for force a SC justice through and I dont see how the Dems can stop him.
    RBG was the only person on the SCOTUS who had represented people against the powerful - speaking as someone who still identifies as somewhat conservative, we need MORE of her on the court, not less.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Trump has the Devil's luck

There will be s fight, and the voters will have their say. Collin's career will be in the toilet if she allows McConnell to push through a nominee. Others have their own elections to consider.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

If The statement from Tucker was from Mitch (He wouldnt say for sure) then you know Trump and Mitch have been just waiting for this news. You can bet they already have the man they want in the slot. And as the statement said the Senate will vote on it.

The fact that pretty much everyone but Trump has issued a statement about her passing and saying how sorry they are and how she meant a lot to this country sauys a lot.

And the only statement from Mitch is Trumps pick will get a vote.

Sickening.

There will be s fight, and the voters will have their say. Collin's career will be in the toilet if she allows McConnell to push through a nominee. Others have their own elections to consider.
    Some of the people who help push Trumps pick will lose because people will be upset about it. But I am betting a lot like Mitch will not. Trump supporters are not sad at this news. They are drooling like dogs before a plate of beef. This is the best thing to happen to them all year.

Extraordinary Member

They are still Republicans and a SCOTUS seat right now basically guarantees them a 20 year reign on a 3rd of the federal government branches. That means Roe v Wade, that means the ACA, that means religious rights.....If there was something that was going to get them to bite their teeth.... this is it. All the **** they’ve been fighting for is now just a few lawsuits away