Page 4913 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3913441348134863490349094910491149124913491449154916491749234963 ... LastLast
Results 73,681 to 73,695 of 75153
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Yeah some have been bombed out of existence by the IDF.
    Perhaps.

Though I would be baffled as to why Hamas wouldn't publicize that.

Not really baffled why you seem to hold the IDF more responsible for the fate of the hostages than Hamas, who took them in the first place, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Perhaps.

Though I would be baffled as to why Hamas wouldn't publicize that.

Not really baffled why you seem to hold the IDF more responsible for the fate of the hostages than Hamas, who took them in the first place, though.
    Never mind that the bombs in question would probably not be getting dropped if Hamas had not taken the first step in this entire situation.

Israel did not just say to itself "Hey, today would be a good day to just drop a few bombs for no apparent reason..."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Bring in the illegals to take our jobs and vote Dem so they can take our guns! It doesn't matter how nonsensical the argument, conservative voters are accepting it as they've been trained to accept only the conservative spin on things rather than factual evidence as presented.

And separate immigrant parents from their children to discourage non-white immigration with the blessing of Republican voters and lawmakers.

Not just nonsensical -- deliberately inhumane and vile.

Ultimate Member

Republican immigration policy.

Ultimate Member

In their own words -- at this point there's no reason to pretend this isn't exactly what it appears to be.

Conservative legal strategist Edward Blum says it’s “unfair” that there’s a grant for black women small-business founders, a group who received 0.34 percentof allventure capitalfunds in 2021—less than one percent of the hundreds of billions given to start-ups each year. So Blum is suing to destroy the grant, ensuring black women receive even less than that teeny amount.

To that end, Blum has filed a lawsuit against Atlanta-based, black women-owned venture capital investment firm Fearless Fund over its Strivers Grant Contest, which limits eligibility for its $20,000 start-up grants to companies with at least 51 percent black woman ownership.

In court papers, Blum’s newest legal nonprofit—the American Alliance for Equal Rights—claims the Strivers grant is “a racially-discriminatory program” that violates Section 1981 of the Civil Rights Act of 1866. That law was passed one year after the Civil War to ensure formerly enslaved black folks could “make and enforce contracts…as is enjoyed by white citizens.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-wom...000614213.html

No one is on my ignore list, as I've never bothered to figure it out. Not my style.

First, as I said, the Palestinians by now have to know that Hamas brought this down on them. It's been their MO from the start. I'm not saying they wouldn't have to swallow a bitter pill, but that's reality.

Hamas does exist in a vacuum.

Why would Palestinians stand by Hamas when Hamas has done nothing but let them be human shields? Besides tribalism.

As to the second point, Hamas was elected once upon a time, and they were responsible for services and such. They are the legitimate government in fact, though not spirit.

I mean, sadly, plenty of governments don't allow elections, abuse their own people, etc (China, Russia, Iran).
    I'm sure the Palestinian people know that Hamas triggered this response, but the threat of more bombing isn't going to win converts from Hamas supporters or the nearly-half who don't support them. Then there's the fact that I doubt there are many guns in the hands of those opposed to Hamas in Gaza, so you'd be asking unarmed civilians to charge into automatic gunfire on behalf of the people bombing them. You'd really need to do more to try and convince these people to lay down their lives willingly if you expect them to try and overthrow armed Terrorists. That's beyond asking people to swallow a bitter pill, unless you are talking about a suicide pill. And all of that is before you get into how many capable adults there are in Gaza who aren't Hamas themselves and willing to fight.

China and Russia have elections, (they are usually rigged but at least they have them) and they at least try to hide the fact that their assassinations have taken place. They just toss you out of windows or poison you as opposed to doing so in the open on a roof.

A government can be in place and not be seen as legitimate regardless of services it does/doesn't provide. See the Afghan government that the US propped up until they were swarmed under when we left as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I mean, killed by Israel so they can get to Hamas or killed by Hamas while trying to help Israel?

Great options.
    If you want people to risk their lives, you need to motivate them outside of saving their own lives. It would seem that any Palestinians who were motivated to fight Hamas were killed already and the ones left are the survivors who focused on living another day rather than politics, regardless of how short-sighted that actually is. I also don't think unbiased news gets spread much over there, and the fact that almost half the country is made up of children without enough life experience to truly think independently, and with all the propaganda we've been shown an unknown percentage of them get taught . . . I think their view of things is a warped one dominated by Hamas' view of things except for the lucky few with Electricity, Internet access, and the luxury of using it to find news about what's going on without having to use their time struggling to find good food & water.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

And separate immigrant parents from their children to discourage non-white immigration with the blessing of Republican voters and lawmakers.

Not just nonsensical -- deliberately inhumane and vile.
    Brought to you by the folks who came up with "Affirmative Action is just Racism!" and think that people on Welfare are going to spend their meager $ on drugs instead of food.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Brought to you by the folks who came up with "Affirmative Action is just Racism!" and think that people on Welfare are going to spend their meager $ on drugs instead of food.

Brought to you by a neo-fascist who promotes white nationalist ideals.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 11-04-2023 at 10:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Sadly, Hamas is only a terrorist organization in their actions.

But they are the legitimate government of Gaza.

This seems to be ignored a great deal.
    They stopped being that when they stopped having elections after the one they won.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

New CEO and Editor in Chief of the Washington Post is William Lewis. He previously worked for various outlets of Rupert Murdoch's News Corp, including the conservative Daily Telegraph in the UK and the Wall Street Journal.

That's a decision they made.

Lewis was editor of the Telegraph when Boris Johnson wrote for the paper and reportedly served as an informal adviser to the former prime minister. Last month, he was knighted at Johnson’s recommendation. Asked in September about his relationship with Johnson, who resigned from Parliament in June, Lewis told Bloomberg News he’s not a “fair-weather friend.”

“If I’m your friend, and even if you make mistakes, even if you end up doing things that I fundamentally disagree with, I don’t walk away.”
    Last edited by CaptainEurope; 11-05-2023 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    New CEO and Editor in Chief of the Washington Post is William Lewis. He previously worked for various outlets of Rupert Murdoch's News Corp, including the conservative Daily Telegraph in the UK and the Wall Street Journal.

That's a decision they made.
    I see a hard right turn with a whole lotta transphobia incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    They stopped being that when they stopped having elections after the one they won.
    Hamas acts more like a gang squabbling over turf. I've never seen any indication that they do even the base amount of governing. They don't handle economics or infrastructure, they seem to mock the very idea providing aide or even helping people evacuate during bombings. They might actually care even less about Palestinian civilians than Netanyahu does.

The IDF can go into Gaza and fight Hamas instead of bombing Palestinian citizens.
    Is this a real comment? For 3 weeks the IDF told civilians to evacuate. And currently the IDF is on the ground fighting Hamas, they’ve encircled Gaza City.

Do you even watch the news?!

Israel's ethnic cleansing of Palestinians created Hamas. Had they stop killing their people and taking their homes then maybe Palestinians wouldn't be angry to join s terror organization.
    I like your parallel reality observations. Hamas were founded in 1987, they won elections and then conducted a civil war with Fatah to take over Gaza. Yes, Hamas fought Fatah in a military conflict to take over Gaza.

Israel unilaterally pulled out of Gaza 17 years ago.

You are literally justifying Hamas. Shame on you.

Have they? Last report I readi s that they've surrounded Gaza and kept bombing Palestinians.
    Civilians that they have warned repeatedly to evacuate, repeatedly. So what’s your point?

The IDF have just aired footage of troops finding rocket launchers near Gaza playground, pool, homes.

Hamas hides their military arsenal in schools, mosques, universities, hospitals. They move around in ambulances. They tried to get their own fighters disguised as civilians into Egypt, as confirmed by the US.
    Last edited by hyped78; 11-05-2023 at 04:44 AM.