Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Teachers voice concerns after Orange County previews ‘Don’t Say Gay’ impact to classrooms

That is so gross. You can't even put up pictures of your family on your desk. Yet The GOP want to hand teachers guns to battle active shooters like the Wild west.

With all they put up with you have to what sneak to your car at lunch if you want to look at a picture of your spouse real quick?
    This concern seems more like malicious compliance, where they're not trying to go with a new policy, but to make it as politically toxic as possible.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This concern seems more like malicious compliance, where they're not trying to go with a new policy, but to make it as politically toxic as possible.
    Why do you jump to maliciousness here and not assume that they are doing what they think best to keep their teachers from suffering backlash over vagueness that hasn't been specified yet?

You assume people accused of heinous acts and malicious intent are just doing what they think best far more often than not, so why the jump here?

E: Seriously, you were defending people claiming that there was CRT in Math textbooks without showing any proof of it as doing what they thought best if I remember right.
    Last edited by Dalak; 06-29-2022 at 03:13 PM.

Its Orange County. The teachers are deliberately misinterpreting the policy in order to generate as much controversy as possible so all the little Stepford crybabies of the OC can cry more.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Its Orange County. The teachers are deliberately misinterpreting the policy in order to generate as much controversy as possible so all the little Stepford crybabies of the OC can cry more.
    Found the bigot!

Astonishing Member

The bill was literally advertised as "Don't Say Gay". But, we are supposed to believe the 'malicious' intent is the teachers who are subjected to that hateful bs? The hell outta here with that.

Good news guys. Things are going so well in Texas and Our Country that Ted Cruz and take time out of his schedule to feud with Elmo over the Covid shot.

https://www.lamag.com/article/from-p...ing-with-elmo/
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Found the bigot!
    Lol. You do realize ... never mind its more fun if you don't know. Carry on!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

President Biden is poised to nominate an anti-abortion Republican attorney for federal judgeship in Kentucky, in apparent deal with Mitch McConnell
    https://twitter.com/courierjournal/s...CpFl4yStPX8Knw

I guess Biden has made the calculation that he will ultimately be able to confirm more judges and federal nominees overall if he concedes to McConnell on this one. This entire thing is premised on McConnell holding up his end of the deal which track record suggests he won't. Bit whatever I guess.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Good news guys. Things are going so well in Texas and Our Country that Ted Cruz and take time out of his schedule to feud with Elmo over the Covid shot.

https://www.lamag.com/article/from-p...ing-with-elmo/
    Fresh off getting his ass kicked by Big Bird a year ago.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The bill was literally advertised as "Don't Say Gay". But, we are supposed to believe the 'malicious' intent is the teachers who are subjected to that hateful bs? The hell outta here with that.
    But it wasn't advertised as "Don't say gay." That's generally the way the critics describe it, rather than the way the supporters describe it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Why do you jump to maliciousness here and not assume that they are doing what they think best to keep their teachers from suffering backlash over vagueness that hasn't been specified yet?

You assume people accused of heinous acts and malicious intent are just doing what they think best far more often than not, so why the jump here?

E: Seriously, you were defending people claiming that there was CRT in Math textbooks without showing any proof of it as doing what they thought best if I remember right.
    "Malicious compliance" isn't the equivalent of heinous acts. It just means people following their interpretation of the letter of a request/ policy rather than the spirit. It can be a useful form of protest, but we should acknowledge it for what it is.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post

I guess Biden has made the calculation that he will ultimately be able to confirm more judges and federal nominees overall if he concedes to McConnell on this one. This entire thing is premised on McConnell holding up his end of the deal which track record suggests he won't. Bit whatever I guess.
    I mean sure why not. The GOP is great with working with Biden. You know this is the whole compromise thing Biden likes to talk about.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post

I wouldn’t trust McConnell any further than I could throw a manhole cover. He publicly stated his objective is to block EVERYTHING Biden wants to pass, just because he was thrown a bone doesn’t mean Moscow Mitch won’t stop being an ******* and playing human roadblock.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Expecting McConnell to uphold his end of the bargain is monumentally stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Expecting McConnell to uphold his end of the bargain is monumentally stupid.
    Still trying to be the good guy and take the high road! JFC!