Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just like John Boehner, it sounds like the crazies in the GQP have broken Craven Kevin. Can’t say I’m the least bit sorry for him, he made his deal with the Devil to herd all those right wing cats and didn’t like it when the bill came due. So, will McCarthy end up leaving politics altogether like Boehner had done?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Tell me where I'm wrong in all this

Shutting down the country hurts millions of people and threatens the credit and reputation of the United States. It's clearly a bad thing. So Speaker McCarthy reaches across the aisle--as Speakers are supposed to do--to avoid this catastrophe and come up with a bipartisan solution, saving the aforementioned shutdown. Neither side got everything they wanted.

Matt Gaetz is so angry that we avoided this disaster by reaching across the aisle for a compromise, that he is now trying to get the Speaker removed.

Look, I don't like McCarthy. He's another spineless jellyfish politician that will change views as long as it kept him in power. But Gaetz? He's a pedo and an extremist. Wouldn't the lesser of the evils be remove Matt Gaetz from Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

Shutting down the country hurts millions of people and threatens the credit and reputation of the United States. It's clearly a bad thing. So Speaker McCarthy reaches across the aisle--as Speakers are supposed to do--to avoid this catastrophe and come up with a bipartisan solution, saving the aforementioned shutdown. Neither side got everything they wanted.

Matt Gaetz is so angry that we avoided this disaster by reaching across the aisle for a compromise, that he is now trying to get the Speaker removed.

Look, I don't like McCarthy. He's another spineless jellyfish politician that will change views as long as it kept him in power. But Gaetz? He's a pedo and an extremist. Wouldn't the lesser of the evils be remove Matt Gaetz... from Congress.
    Man...

The entire goon squad is only in it for themselves.

Astonishing Member

Whatever clown gets the seat next has the same problem. That right wing already out here demanding stupid shit. Promise Biden impeachment votes day 1. Defund trump prosecutions! Probably want more Dems kicked off committees for "reasons".

I mean seriously the ones talking about let's elect trump. He has court dates across the country and is running for president again outside that? Where is their seriousness? They don't even fear what it looks like. And they have no shame that they aren't even remotely pretending to actually want to govern.

Look, I don't like McCarthy. He's another spineless jellyfish politician that will change views as long as it kept him in power. But Gaetz? He's a pedo and an extremist. Wouldn't the lesser of the evils be remove Matt Gaetz from Congress.
    Speaking to the choir - I'd love for that pedo bad touch charlatan to be removed from congress, politics, and frankly this nation, but there's currently no means to do so except somehow he becomes unpalatable to Foridian voters. And that ain't likely.

Astonishing Member

There's already calls to oust Gaetz as well. Like, from Newt Gingrich, of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    My dumbass GOP rep calling for Trump to be speaker on X. They are so unserious.
    This is a dumb theory I've heard before. I kinda want it to happen, just to destroy Trump's career.

Technically, there's no rule that says that the Speaker of the House has to be a member of Congress. But Trump would be very poorly suited to running a legislature.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This is a dumb theory I've heard before. I kinda want it to happen, just to destroy Trump's career.

Technically, there's no rule that says that the Speaker of the House has to be a member of Congress. But Trump would be very poorly suited to running a legislature.
    He was poorly suited to be President, yet he is more popular with your Party than ever and has no real opposition for the nomination. If anything making him speaker will help his chances in 2024.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

More trifling and petty nonsense. As one of his first acts as the acting speaker, Rep. Patrick McHenry ordered former Speaker Nancy Pelosi to vacate her Capitol hideaway office by Wednesday

“Please vacate the space tomorrow, the room will be re-keyed"

Pelosi responded from California where she is attending Feinstein's funeral

Hakeem Jeffries staff is helping her move her office as requested to avoid drama.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 10-03-2023 at 06:04 PM.

Taking a guy whose already once tried to have his followers commit murder to put him in power, and putting him back in the Presidential line of succession feels like a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Taking a guy whose already once tried to have his followers commit murder to put him in power, and putting him back in the Presidential line of succession feels like a bad idea.
    It worked in Germany for people with the same mindset
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He was poorly suited to be President, yet he is more popular with your Party than ever and has no real opposition for the nomination. If anything making him speaker will help his chances in 2024.
    Do you think his chances of winning the Republican nomination or presidency would increase if he were voted Speaker of the House? I don't think it's a likely scenario, but I don't think it would help him.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Do you think his chances of winning the Republican nomination or presidency would increase if he were voted Speaker of the House? I don't think it's a likely scenario, but I don't think it would help him.
    Why take the chance of giving this guy any power at all? It's not out of character for him to abuse it.

Astonishing Member

What a great idea, give the guy rambling about Biden starting WW II an additional podium, which will give the "Biden is too old" media apparatus a harder time ignoring everything he says. And he's kinda busy having to appear in court as well.

I wouldn't mind them making Trump speaker of the house...is said house was literally on fire and all the exits were somehow mysteriously blocked...but outside of that scenario I don't want Trump in any position other than prisoner.