Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    And Democrats are innocent? Please do tell.
    They are not. Democrats, as well as Republicans do not know what they are doing about gun control. The thing is though the Dems (most that I know of) do not support one of the most evil organizations on the planet earth...The NRA. They are like the Legion of Doom in my opinion.

I am what I call a Democrat but I am also pretty conservative. I sway many ways on many issues. Guns...come on. Its 2022 not 1776. F#ck the 2nd amendment. I totally understand people want to own guns. Sure. A assault rifle? Multiple assault rifles and body armor and lethal weapons?! No way. If people need that they are the ones who need mental help.

Now kids are getting slaughtered while going to school. Something has to change. We must try to make change. Will the Democrat's do it? Maybe, I am not sure. I know the Republicans and Trump loving psychopaths and the far alt right wing will not.

You ever attend a gun show? Go to one. Go see what goes on there and see the type of people that go.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Will the Democrat's do it? Maybe, I am not sure.
    Democrats have tried *many times* over the years. The assault rifle ban, for example, which Republicans forced a lapse in it. The Republicans block *everything*, because white supremacy won't allow itself to be disarmed.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 05-25-2022 at 06:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    People are often surprised at gun restrictions that existed in the early days of the country - as in, right after the Constitution was ratified. No concealed carry, mandated sage storage of gunpowder, no open carry in cities, laws like this were all signed off on BY the founders. The 2nd amendment being sacrosanct is a relatively recent phenomenon, although I am sure the so called originalists on the Supreme Court will ignore that fact.
    Indeed. I always thought one of the more informative parts of history was that the Gunfight at the OK Corral was over the town's gun ordinances.

I wonder how many sheets of paper with any Founder's signature there might be on local gun ordinances and stuff?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Democrats have tried *many times* over the years. The assault rifle ban, for example, which Republicans forced a lapse in it. The Republicans block *everything*, because white supremacy won't allow itself to be disarmed.
    Oh I agree with you. They have tried. Try harder. This is the most important issue domestically in my opinion. This cant not go on.

How hard will the Dems try though? Who will put their career or maybe even their life on the line? I don't know of many that will do that and I have been a democrat my whole life.

Yesterday was just like 9/11 in my opinion. If people just don't understand that well then we are not living in the same country.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Oh I agree with you. They have tried. Try harder. This is the most important issue domestically in my opinion. This cant not go on.

How hard will the Dems try though? Who will put their career or maybe even their life on the line? I don't know of many that will do that and I have been a democrat my whole life.

Yesterday was just like 9/11 in my opinion. If people just don't understand that well then we are not living in the same country.
    Trying harder won't do anything. It's up to us to stop electing the people that stand in the way. It's always been up to us.

Democrats have tried *many times* over the years. The assault rifle ban, for example, which Republicans forced a lapse in it.
    Yep, even if Dems were to miraculously get past the filibuster, Republicans control the Supreme Court for the next 20 or so years, thanks to 2016.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Trying harder won't do anything. It's up to us to stop electing the people that stand in the way. It's always been up to us.
    https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/s...62846358269955

NEW: Senate Judiciary Chairman Dick Durbin (D-IL) says gun control measures would likely not be taken up until after Senate Memorial Day recess
    Democrats could definitely try harder than this.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

As we have seen with Roe. v. Wade, the answer is likely "roll over and die, but make sure to ask for as much fundraising donations beforehand".

I hate feeling like an embittered, cynical ******* but the fact that Democrats shy away from being tough and united on specific issues cause they want elusive voters has played a large role in the mess we are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    As we have seen with Roe. v. Wade, the answer is likely "roll over and die, but make sure to ask for as much fundraising donations beforehand".

I hate feeling like an embittered, cynical ******* but the fact that Democrats shy away from being tough and united on specific issues cause they want elusive voters has played a large role in the mess we are in.
    You are right.

It is everyone's mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Sure, they could hold a vote tomorrow. It would accomplish the same thing that holding it next week will: nothing. I get that people want them to stand up and show it, but ultimately, the only thing that matters is the votes in the House and Senate.

The man nailed it. Respect for him for speaking out. Sad thing is I have heard too many we dont need politics in our sports lines today.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

This morning I switched on the different news channels and then checked out Fox news. They began there report telling the location of the shooting and mentioned it was x amount of miles (I forget how far) from the border. You can tell where they want to keep peoples minds focused even though as far as I've heard that had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with the circumstances of this tragedy. I wonder if they do this when they report on any major crime??

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Sure, they could hold a vote tomorrow. It would accomplish the same thing that holding it next week will: nothing. I get that people want them to stand up and show it, but ultimately, the only thing that matters is the votes in the House and Senate.
    Exactly. Until those obstructionist Qpublicans are voted out, nothing will change, no matter how hard Democrats fight. And even if that minor miracle were to happen, there’s still perhaps the ultimate roadblock in the right leaning SCOTUS that’s almost certain to rule in favor of the GQP.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!