Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That really sucks that you had to pay out of pocket. Are the Moderna and Pfizer covid vaccines and boosters currently made available for free or do some people have to pay? Either way I hope things improve over there for you all soon.
    No, those are available for free/covered by the near universal health insurance we have. There are even ways for undocumented immigrants to get the jab.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Rittenhouse Attorney Calls GOP Efforts To Cash In On Client 'Disgusting'

Mark Richards also slammed Donald Trump Jr. as "an idiot" after he announced a gun organization planned to award Rittenhouse an AR-15. Where has he been? This is what the GQP, absent of any and all morality does!

GOP Gov. Chris Sununu Says Republicans In Congress Have 'Priorities Screwed Up'

The New Hampshire governor weighed in on the censure of Rep. Paul Gosar and the passage of Joe Biden's infrastructure bill. A Republican with a sense of morality? Say it ain't so!

Trump Reportedly Wants To Unseat Alabama GOP Gov. Ivey Over Canceled Rally

An aide told The Wall Street Journal that the park picked for Trump's July Fourth rally doesn't allow partisan events and Ivey had nothing to do with it. Like Trump cares about that? He wants payback after his fee-fees were hurt. Nothing else matters.

Virginia's Lt. Gov.-Elect Likens Vaccine Status To Inquiring About One's DNA

"Now you’ll want to know what’s in my DNA,” Republican Winsome Sears said when asked about whether she has received a COVID vaccine. The only thing worse than a person of color supporting the GQP is a brain damaged person of color supporting the GQP.

Defense Attorney Argues Ahmaud Arbery Was Responsible For His Own Death

Kevin Gough, a lawyer for one of the men charged in the case said this:

“You may consider whether Mr. Arbery had a last clear chance to avoid such danger and contributed to that danger, by his own conduct,” Gough said, adding that Arbery should have run to avoid the truck, possibly by “running into a neighbor’s house, jumping into a pool or climbing up the side of a tree.”
    What. The. Actual. ****?

'Chilling' Rittenhouse Verdict 'Emboldens' Vigilantes, Warns Wisconsin Newspaper

Kyle Rittenhouse "didn't deserve to walk free," the Wisconsin State Journal declared in an editorial.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Guess Wisconsinites have gotten the word that they can kill and get away with it, and now the lawlessness begins.
    It was a person described as a Black male in his late 30s with dreadlocks who I shall not name, though his name is known and he is in custody. He was out on cash bail at the time and evidently fleeing from another crime, an apparent stabbing. With this guy, I don't think a narrative of right wing maniacs emboldened by the Rittenhouse verdict isn't really going to fly here.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It was a person described as a Black male in his late 30s with dreadlocks who I shall not name, though his name is known and he is in custody. He was out on cash bail at the time and evidently fleeing from another crime, an apparent stabbing. With this guy, I don't think a narrative of right wing maniacs emboldened by the Rittenhouse verdict isn't really going to fly here.
    His social media page had, from what I understand, a bunch of sovereign citizen linked stuff on it. That said, the crime he was arrested for recently was is domestic violence which is and always remains a giant neon warning sign for stuff like this being perpetrated more than anything else.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 11-22-2021 at 05:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    His social media page had, from what I understand, a bunch of sovereign citizen linked stuff on it. That said, the crime he was arrested for recently was is domestic violence which is and always remains a he giant neon warning sign for stuff like this being perpetrated more than anything else.
    At this point, I'm not going to even try to pin down exactly what happened, but it seems to be just a case of a particularly evil criminal running from a crime and killing a bunch of innocent people, at least five at last count, with many others injured. I can relate to those folks, I was an innocent bystander in a couple of police action, nearly killed in one, (car chase through a parking lot, I had just gotten out of my car, taken two steps, and have to jump for my life as the chased care ran right through where I had been standing at about 35 MPH. The second time was when I was volunteering for the national Democrat candidate and got stopped in my car at a light, when I looked to my left about three feet and noticed the heavily armed SWAT team breaking through a door. Yeah, probably wasn't in any danger, but that stuff makes me nervous. Point is, this stuff comes out of the blue and there's just nothing you can do when you're the one in that crowd.

At this point, I'm not going to even try to pin down exactly what happened, but it seems to be just a case of a particularly evil criminal running from a crime and killing a bunch of innocent people, at least five at last count, with many others injured. I can relate to those folks, I was an innocent bystander in a couple of police action, nearly killed in one, (car chase through a parking lot, I had just gotten out of my car, taken two steps, and have to jump for my life as the chased care ran right through where I had been standing at about 35 MPH. The second time was when I was volunteering for the national Democrat candidate and got stopped in my car at a light, when I looked to my left about three feet and noticed the heavily armed SWAT team breaking through a door. Yeah, probably wasn't in any danger, but that stuff makes me nervous. Point is, this stuff comes out of the blue and there's just nothing you can do when you're the one in that crowd.
    I'm only pointing out that 1) him being black and having dreds doesn't mean he can't be a right wing crank, and 2) domestic violence is a consistent precursor to mass-killing events and is a far more reliable predictor of it than anything else.

He’s an aspiring rapper with videos on YouTube which should give an indication of what he’s into, etc. Apparently has a long criminal record.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    He’s an aspiring rapper with videos on YouTube which should give an indication of what he’s into, etc. Apparently has a long criminal record.
    Laura Loomer tweeted that it was three black muslims in the car. Because Laura Loomer.

Extraordinary Member

Witnesses reportedly claim he seemed to be aiming at people...

Don't know what to make of that.

Though I do believe those idiots on social saying that it's payback or karma for the Rittenhouse thing, as if the citizens of the state deserve what happened should maybe consider shutting up.

Witnesses reportedly claim he seemed to be aiming at people...

Don't know what to make of that.

Though I do believe those idiots on social saying that it's payback or karma for the Rittenhouse thing, as if the citizens of the state deserve what happened should maybe consider shutting up.
    People can be awful on social media, but it pays to remind you that a lot of 'people' that tweet that are actually 1) trollfarmers intending to stoke division and 2) edgelords.

Extraordinary Member

People can be awful on social media, but it pays to remind you that a lot of 'people' that tweet that are actually 1) trollfarmers intending to stoke division and 2) edgelords.
    Which is why I mostly stay away from it. From time to time I look in on a story like this to see if maybe it's a bit nicer place...and no, not yet. Probably never. Oh well, ever hopeful people will surprise me for the better.

Fantastic Member

Honestly, I know you guys hate Dave Chappelle's Netflix special. But, when he said "Twitter is not a real place," I wanted to stand up and start applauding.

I carefully control and curate what I follow and who I Follow on Twitter. It's not perfect, but most of who and what I follow are those who provide rational news coverage. Those that I follow tend not to retweet trolls or bots, unless it is to illustrate a point about what to avoid.

I can't always control who follows me, though I'm glad some people I know from here are among them. But then again, not many do. I'm not all that interesting.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

I carefully control and curate what I follow and who I Follow on Twitter. It's not perfect, but most of who and what I follow are those who provide rational news coverage. Those that I follow tend not to retweet trolls or bots, unless it is to illustrate a point about what to avoid.

I can't always control who follows me, though I'm glad some people I know from here are among them. But then again, not many do. I'm not all that interesting.
    I OTOH can barely even use Twitter, I go there so infrequently. I admittedly know very little about even how to use it properly. Probably best for my own sanity to avoid then, I suppose.

Fantastic Member

The problem is, for me, then it becomes a giant echo chamber, and I really don't want that.