Page 957 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 4578579079479539549559569579589599609619671007105714571957 ... LastLast
Results 14,341 to 14,355 of 75153
    Incredible Member

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rce=reddit.com
    So, this is where we are! Trump supporters with weapons threatening a campaign bus.What are the police and the FBI doing? Those guys should be arrested!

Ultimate Member

Speaking of links, Fox News latest poll has Biden up by 8 nationally.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pol...rrows-slightly

Fox News polling arm is actually one of the few A rated pollsters and don't generally fall in line with the propaganda arm of the network.

Biden is in good shape going into election. It's the swing states that are in question but if Biden is actually polling above 50%, he's likely to win majority of them.

But i'm glad this time that Biden is going on a whirlwind tour of the swing states, it's a stark contrast to 2016 where the Dems were vastly overconfident.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'm getting a 'Where's Waldo' vibe. "Where's Hunter's Laptop?'

Is it in the mail?

Is it in a jail?

Is it with the Shrink?

Or is it in the sink?

Was it sent to Odesa?

Or maybe South-west Texas?
    Where's Waldo, or Dr. Seuss?

I won't have the Laptop on a boat,

I won't share the laptop with a goat....

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rce=reddit.com
    So, this is where we are! Trump supporters with weapons threatening a campaign bus.What are the police and the FBI doing? Those guys should be arrested!

"Armed Trump trolls harassing Biden Bus on I-35, ramming volunteer vehicles & blocking traffic for 40 mins," he said, before accusing Mr Trump's son Eric of inciting "violence".
    What the actual f***?! I hope they were arrested for that!

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    This is probably the first time I've seen a leftist admit that Obama built and used the camps, even if you're trying to tell people to ignore it. Half credit.
    It's true and therefore worth admitting. Now what conservatives mentioning it leave out is that children weren't separated from their parents as a matter of standard operating procedure, and if they were for some reason, the records weren't erased making it nearly impossible to locate the family later. Trumps admin made this a feature of their policy effectively multiplying the monetary and administrative costs of the program simply for the sake of intimidation and leaving the mess of locating the families for the next administration to clean up.

The main point worth mentioning is when conservatives bring up Obamas policy they do it in a negative light implying the program then was cruel yet when Trump does it and in fact doubles down on the cruelty, it somehow gets a pass.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Meanwhile, Trump rallies are killing people.

https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/stat...762632704?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Does it wind up costing them an election?

Hopefully not.

That said, how hard is it to get things that basic taken care of?
    It is clearly not the pandemic because this exact scenario happened twice before.

I hate to bring ageism into the argument but I think that is what it is.

Biden, Clinton, Gore are part of an older core of Dems that rely on excitement coming from the base whereas Obama, Harris, AOC rely on exciting their base.

That's what I think at least given their campaign strategy differences.

Biden, Clinton, Gore handed off big watershed speeches to the likes of Obama, Michelle Obama, & Carter and payed big money to get celebrity performances. Obama, Harris, & AOC gave those themselves and spent that performance money on creating a mobilization team to register and get more people to vote.

The milquetoast Dems and Clinton-era Dems wanted applause and credibility while the (I have no idea what to call the new wave of progressivism) new-age Dems want to be agents of change.

Dear Lord, I want to be wrong but I think we are watching the same story unfold again.
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since he is pretty clearly talking about "The Base..."?

I'd have to guess "Probably Not..."

Let's put this into pretty simple terms.

If your Democratic nominee is vetting Republicans for potential cabinet positions? What exactly is he(along with the DNC...") fighting for when they do that?

What exactly is there in that act that the base should look at, and say "Yep. This Is Exactly What I Want To Vote For!..."?
    Well that is easy.

When the country is so far right, you have to bring some moderate right in as you transition.

Otherwise you risk doing the greased-up weather vain flip-flop of going extreme left/right every 2-8 years.

That has been Hell on America.

Hopefully this gets us back on track for steady progressivism and growth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Well, Thirty kinda did the work for me there, I guess.

But I'm not sure you guys get the point I'm trying to make, which makes you perfect Democrats, I guess, because they don't get it either!! Hahahaha
    It would be better if you explained what you meant more clearly as this is a discussion/dialog thread.

Read my first response to 30 in this post and maybe that will help.

I think the post-Obama Dems are addressing that issue while some people are litigating the party on a whole because of the Clinton Wing and the left over Kennedycrats.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-31-2020 at 10:55 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    What the actual f***?! I hope they were arrested for that!
    And yet, the guys on the right constantly complain about the left "putting facts over feelings".

Garbage opinions and garbage people.
    Last edited by Username taken; 10-31-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Meanwhile, Trump rallies are killing people.

https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/stat...762632704?s=21
    And the miserable bastard is here in Pennsylvania today as his Super Spreader Tour continues.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

WATCH: Texas Trump supporters surround and harass Biden campaign bus headed to Austin rally

According to KEYE Austin, a planned rally for Joe Biden in Austin, Texas with several local politicians and candidates was canceled after an incident on Interstate 35, where SUVs and pickup trucks flying Trump flags tailed and harassed a Biden-Harris campaign bus near New Braunfels as it approached Austin from San Antonio.

According to the report, Democrats deny that the cancelation was specifically due to the road intimidation incident.
    “Texas Democrats were hoping to host speakers like Congressman Lloyd Doggett, Wendy Davis and Austin Mayor Steve Adler but the Texas Democrats told us they canceled the event so not to take away attention from vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris, who made three stops in the Lone Star State on Friday in Forth Worth, McAllen and Houston,” said the report.
    Multiple videos and images captured the bus being dangerously harassed by trucks. Dr. Eric Cervini, an author who says he flew to Texas to join the tour, said that he called the police as he witnessed the drivers’ behavior. According to him, the Trump supporters actively attempted to drive the bus off the road, and one officer on the scene wearing Thin Blue Line apparel refused to intervene, saying, “Not my jurisdiction.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I hope when Trump is gone we get some normal conservatives again.

These nuts are going to kill people.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Speaking of links, Fox News latest poll has Biden up by 8 nationally.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pol...rrows-slightly

Fox News polling arm is actually one of the few A rated pollsters and don't generally fall in line with the propaganda arm of the network.

Biden is in good shape going into election. It's the swing states that are in question but if Biden is actually polling above 50%, he's likely to win majority of them.

But i'm glad this time that Biden is going on a whirlwind tour of the swing states, it's a stark contrast to 2016 where the Dems were vastly overconfident.
    Fox news has mellowed a bit from their usual 100% right wing propaganda nonsense. Rupert Murdoch lost power in the company and his sons took over. His sons are more center-right or moderate.

There is a reason Trump has been bashing Fox news in the last few months.

Anyway, polls still don't matter, people need to go out and vote to prove the polls right.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Fox news has mellowed a bit from their usual 100% right wing propaganda nonsense. Rupert Murdoch lost power in the company and his sons took over. His sons are more center-right or moderate.

There is a reason Trump has been bashing Fox news in the last few months.

Anyway, polls still don't matter, people need to go out and vote to prove the polls right.
    About time, Murdoch is one of those cheap shots people make for a reason.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    About time, Murdoch is one of those cheap shots people make for a reason.
    And has been for at least 4 decades!

I recently re-read a Spider-Woman book from 1980, where they introduced a villain based on Rupert Murdoch. He's called Rupert M. Dockery, an incredibly rich, foreign newspaper tycoon who comes to America, buys up respectable newspapers and turns them into tabloids. Oh, he also creates supervillains to sell more newspapers.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ruper...ry_(Earth-616)
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!