Mighty Member

From what i've heard there are cons reporting the dude is helping steal the election for Biden. So I guess we'll see who he's ultimately going to steal it for.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    From what i've heard there are cons reporting the dude is helping steal the election for Biden. So I guess we'll see who he's ultimately going to steal it for.
    Considering Biden won a fair election and they just had 1 recount where he again won it , him stealing it for Biden is the ultimate in horse ****. If you mean legit won the state then yes....Biden did that. If Trump plans to challenge for a 2nd recount he can. But as Scott Walker said 2 weeks ago its very , very rare a recount changes anything. And not with the voters lead Biden has.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

What has been super bizarre to me, watching the Republicans supporting him in this, is that you would not think it's in the best interest of elected officials, to undermine the people's faith in the integrity of elections.

I guess the general hope must be that it will just breed more widespread apathy? Fewer people will try to participate in the political process at all, the more convinced they are that it's a corrupt and unfair system?

Superhumanly cynical of a tactic that it is, I guess I can see that working. But, I think apathy is just what you get when people are only vaguely dissatisfied, but convinced the system is irretrievably broken. What about when they are really angry, and convinced of that?
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

To illustrate why COVID-19 will continue to devastate Americans for a loooooong time to come:

In Southwest Shitshow, Montana, the 7,000+ populated town I mercifully just moved away from, the City Council last night voted in favor of giving the mayor the power to separate the city from the constraints of the broader County Health Board. Because the mayor, most of the Council and pretty much everyone living in the town that doesn't work at the local university believes that the mask order is an infringement on basic human freedoms and that COVID-19 ain't no thing. They have about 500 confirmed cases and counting.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Considering Biden won a fair election and they just had 1 recount where he again won it , him stealing it for Biden is the ultimate in horse ****. If you mean legit won the state then yes....Biden did that. If Trump plans to challenge for a 2nd recount he can. But as Scott Walker said 2 weeks ago its very , very rare a recount changes anything. And not with the voters lead Biden has.
    Oh, I know Biden won fair. The issue is that a significant portion of america thinks different.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Georgia just took back the announcement that the election results have been certified, and known election cheater Governor Kemp will hold a press conference at 5 pm, which happens to be the certification deadline.

gulp
    Also anyone got a source for this? I just realized I am taking this all sourceless and I'd the not.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Georgia certification still underway, secretary of state's office says after announcing it was complete!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ger/index.html

Georgia secretary of state says he will certify the results!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Also anyone got a source for this? I just realized I am taking this all sourceless and I'd the not.
    I turned on the TV and saw a clip of the Georgia Secretary speaking that the numbers don't lie. Sounds like a certification to me.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Georgia certification still underway, secretary of state's office says after announcing it was complete!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ger/index.html

Georgia secretary of state says he will certify the results!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp
    Thank you, but I am having trouble with the first link.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Thank you, but I am having trouble with the first link.
    Sorry can’t get it to work, just google Georgia to find cnn.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 11-20-2020 at 02:28 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

https://twitter.com/BrendanKeefe/sta...571494403?s=20
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I turned on the TV and saw a clip of the Georgia Secretary speaking that the numbers don't lie. Sounds like a certification to me.

NPR's article, updated 10 minutes ago
    , also quotes Raffensperger as saying the certification's complete.

ETA: Wall Street Journal concurs.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 11-20-2020 at 02:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    To illustrate why COVID-19 will continue to devastate Americans for a loooooong time to come:

In Southwest Shitshow, Montana, the 7,000+ populated town I mercifully just moved away from, the City Council last night voted in favor of giving the mayor the power to separate the city from the constraints of the broader County Health Board. Because the mayor, most of the Council and pretty much everyone living in the town that doesn't work at the local university believes that the mask order is an infringement on basic human freedoms and that COVID-19 ain't no thing. They have about 500 confirmed cases and counting.
    The simple fact that these people think that being forced to wear a mask is the height of oppression sort of disproves that whole narrative that rural America is desperately struggling eh?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    What has been super bizarre to me, watching the Republicans supporting him in this, is that you would not think it's in the best interest of elected officials, to undermine the people's faith in the integrity of elections.

I guess the general hope must be that it will just breed more widespread apathy? Fewer people will try to participate in the political process at all, the more convinced they are that it's a corrupt and unfair system?

Superhumanly cynical of a tactic that it is, I guess I can see that working. But, I think apathy is just what you get when people are only vaguely dissatisfied, but convinced the system is irretrievably broken. What about when they are really angry, and convinced of that?
    I don't know what some of the republicans are thinking. many of them have their own political ambitions, if they had any sense they would know all this could come back to hunt them in the future. Trump's behaviour is a stain on democracy and it is going to come back to hunt him along with those that aiding and abetting him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I don't know what some of the republicans are thinking. many of them have their own political ambitions, if they had any sense they would know all this could come back to hunt them in the future. Trump's behaviour is a stain on democracy and it is going to come back to hunt him along with those that aiding and abetting him.
    In practical terms though, most of them probably have better chances at getting elected in the future by aligning themselves with Trump, because that base will still be around after all this is over and vastly outnumbers the country club set that claims to be the "mainstream" GOP. Luckily most of the people that are angling for a 2024 run don't really seem all that charismatic and certainly don't have that kind of alpha ape energy that Trump exudes, though who knows, in 2015 Trump himself seemed more like a sad sack has-been than anything, so I wouldn't rule out someone like Tom Cotton suddenly becoming this fire-eating rabble rouser.
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 11-20-2020 at 02:48 PM.