Page 144 of 370 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 5541
  1. #2146
    Mighty Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    1,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    I don’t like his protest but I support his protest. Dude, that makes no sense.

    And what the... how can you supportive of your own child’s sexuality if you are against that sexuality? That makes zero sense.
    It does make sense. I dont have to agree with the way he did it. But I support why he did it. I support the fact that it was peaceful and hurt no one. I support that he put himself out there. You are trying to put me out ther as a racist who disagrees with everything a black person does to protest because that is what you want to believe It fits your narritive that white people do nothing.and that is not that case. i will support any peaceful protest. I will not support burning and looting.

    As I said I am working for change. Other then attacking people on message boards what are you doing?

    And the sexuality thing makes sense to me because I have lived it. I am gay. My dad doesnt really think gay is right. But he has never shunned me for coming out. Has always treated my boyfirends with respect.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-30-2020 at 06:38 PM.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  2. #2147
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    I don’t like his protest but I support his protest. Dude, that makes no sense.

    And what the... how can you supportive of your own child’s sexuality if you are against that sexuality? That makes zero sense.
    Makes more sense than challenging white oppression by clearly looting minority owned business.

    Let's trash our own neighborhood... that will show all those white people watching this on the news from the safety of their own homes a well deserved lesson.

  3. #2148
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    The anger, the sense of being tired, and fucking fed up I get it. We see this same old story play out year after year decade after decade. You dare mention that police need to stop targeting minorities and killing black men after every one of these incidents. And you are unpatriotic, or against America. You peacefully kneel, and you are called a "son of a b***" who should be fired. They tried to utterly destroy Kaepernick's entire career because of his peaceful protests.

    Nearly half the country voted for and make daily excuses for an unapologetic racist president. Who continues unabashed to revel in and sow seeds of racial division and hatred. He loves that shit, because it distracts from the horrendous job he has done and the 100k+ people who have died. He still has a good chance to be elected again.

    The entire justice system of America is riddled with systemic racism and cops that are ticking time bombs waiting to kill the next black person. They don't police themselves. Floyd had over a dozen complaints against him. His fucking coworkers knew he was a racist before he killed someone. They always know about these ticking time bombs and do nothing until there is outrage after someone's dead. Hell they didn't even arrest the fucker till protests were in full swing.

    Do I think looting and burning buildings is going to help? No. But kneeling didn't either. Black Lives Matter co-opted to "All Lives Matter" and the like to diminish the meaning. The looting gives all the pearl clutching trump supporters the ammo to say "see these liberal cities and the black people burning shit".

    To me the real solution for everyone who is tired of the racism whether it effects them as a minority or they are just decent non minorities who are sickened by how fellow human beings are treated. Is to eliminate the racist minority having a "base" to operate from. They are in the White House right now because we let them. We fight and quibble about petty shit whos more progressive, who isn't progressive enough. I'm not voting if my super progressive isn't the nominee! Thar racist base loves that. We let them dig in, we let them get power and toss up barriers to equality, voting rights, healthcare, education.

    Burning Target ain't gonna fix it. Yes it might get some attention finally, It gets people talking, people feel scared maybe, angry. But, does it move the needle? No. What moves the needle is burying any cover racists have politically. They are emboldened right now. If trump and Mitch are still there after the election is anything going to get better racially in this country? We all know the answer to that.

  4. #2149
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It does make sense. I dont have to agree with the way he did it. But I support why he did it. I support the fact that it was peaceful and hurt no one. I support that he put himself out there. You are trying to put me out ther as a racist who disagrees with everything a black person does to protest because that is what you want to believe and that is not that case. i will support any peaceful protest. I will not support burning and looting.

    And the sexuality thing makes sense to me because I have lived it. I am gay. My dad doesnt really think gay is right. But he has never shunned me for coming out. Has always treated my boyfirends with respect.
    So you should get my point now? That white people are always gonna have a problem with whatever fashion black Americans’ activism takes, even this case with Kaepernick, who’s protest was peaceful and respectful. You know why? Because he’s black.

  5. #2150
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It does make sense. I dont have to agree with the way he did it. But I support why he did it. I support the fact that it was peaceful and hurt no one. I support that he put himself out there. You are trying to put me out ther as a racist who disagrees with everything a black person does to protest because that is what you want to believe and that is not that case. i will support any peaceful protest. I will not support burning and looting.

    And the sexuality thing makes sense to me because I have lived it. I am gay. My dad doesnt really think gay is right. But he has never shunned me for coming out. Has always treated my boyfirends with respect.
    What you are describing is tolerance. Not being supportive. Very different

  6. #2151
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 JDogindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Anyone else embarrassed they ever spent money on a Dilbert book?
    Very. As in, "I feel so dirty" levels. Like, I used to read Scott Adams's books regularly, namely "The Dilbert Future".

    It's funny how my opinion on general criticism on one of the early critics of Adams, Norman Solomon, was warped by Adams in "The Joy of Work", and recently I read "The Trouble with Dilbert"... an Solomon came off as level headed rather than the insane kook Adams made him out in "Work". Solomon, in his actual book and not the insane ramblings that Adams would use as "comedy", addressed that while Dilbert was funny, Adams seemed to ignore real problems with white collar work environments or downplayed them, creating a false sense of security and also redirecting blame of all problems people may have with work at middle management as the most common authority figure shown in the series is the Pointy-Haired Boss, and the fact that Adams is able to profit from corporations while writing a comic that mocks them means that he chose, at some point, to avoid biting the hand that fed him, meaning that he only would throw softball arguments, or the tenacity of an SNL sketch (come on, do you think Lorne Michaels is actually going to go to war against people he doesn't like? The Trump episode of SNL was the biggest episode of the 2010s an the wrote the whole thing around how awesome the man was). During the late 2000s and the 2010s, the PHB would ironically become the unofficial protagonist of the comic, having gone from the evil foil who represented the idiot wall you were pressed against every day to a figure of sympathy, who was doing his job dutifully an should be commended for having to put up with such ungrateful employees. In other words... Norman Solomon was right.

    Little did we realize that the Adams who was explored in "The Trouble with Dilbert" would reject reality, find women in power absolutely emasculating, and write a whole book extolling the greatness that is Donald Trump. And I idolized him growing up, so this bothers me especially.
    Last edited by JDogindy; 05-30-2020 at 06:43 PM.

  7. #2152
    Mighty Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    1,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    So you should get my point now? That white people are always gonna have a problem with whatever fashion black Americans’ activism takes, even this case with Kaepernick, who’s protest was peaceful and respectful. You know why? Because he’s black.
    I get your point that people were upset by what he did. I am not one of them as you seem to keep trying to point out. But if you are wanting me to accept burning and looting as valid forms of protests I will not do that. i dont care if you are white black or whatever.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  8. #2153
    Mighty Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    1,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    What you are describing is tolerance. Not being supportive. Very different
    I said I supprt non violent protests and that includes his. I just wish he had chosen another way to spread his message.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  9. #2154
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    So you should get my point now? That white people are always gonna have a problem with whatever fashion black Americans’ activism takes, even this case with Kaepernick, who’s protest was peaceful and respectful. You know why? Because he’s black.
    Just because some may feel all black activism is wrong doesn't magically make all black activism right. That's the glaring hole in your logic. Even a broken clock can be right twice a day.

    If you're buring down some innocent persons store during a pandemic, you're in the wrong. And it's wrong completely indepenent of anyone's skin color of what Kaepernick did.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-30-2020 at 06:46 PM.

  10. #2155
    Mighty Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    1,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    So you should get my point now? That white people are always gonna have a problem with whatever fashion black Americans’ activism takes, even this case with Kaepernick, who’s protest was peaceful and respectful. You know why? Because he’s black.
    You keep attacking other people. What are you doing to make a change? What are you doing to change the narrative of police racism? Other then attacking people on message boards?
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  11. #2156
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I get your point that people were upset by what he did. I am not one of them as you seem to keep trying to point out. But if you are wanting me to accept burning and looting as valid forms of protests I will not do that. i dont care if you are white black or whatever.
    You are upset at some level because you don’t like it. You don’t like what Colin Kaepernick did.

  12. #2157
    Mighty Member babyblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Richmond Ohio
    Posts
    1,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    You are upset at some level because you don’t like it. You don’t like what Colin Kaepernick did.
    Yes i dont like the fact that he knelt during the anthem. That does not make me a racist. I dont like anyone doing that. There were several white players who knelt during the weekend they were protesting what Trump said. I didnt like it.

    And again I ask what you are doing for change since you keep saying people should work for a change and are made at people who do nothing. Tell me something meaningful and I will shut up.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

  13. #2158
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Just because some may feel all black activism is wrong doesn't magically make all black activism right. That's the glaring hole in your logic. Even a broken clock can be right twice a day.

    If you're buring down some innocent persons store during a pandemic, you're in the wrong. And it's wrong completely indepenent of anyone's skin color of what Kaepernick did.
    Black Americans are always in the wrong. That’s my point.

  14. #2159
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,783

    Default

    One other small side issue...

    If Biden doesn't take a really serious look at Lori Lightfoot for VP?

    Dems have done goofed.

  15. #2160
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Black Americans are always in the wrong. That’s my point.
    ANd people looting innocent people during a pandemic are pretty much always in the wrong. That's my point.

    Using criticism against Kaepernic to try and justify that doesn't work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •