Page 659 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 15955960964965565665765865966066166266366970975911591659 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 75153
    Mighty Member

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-...rica-1.5715919

Although I am aware of the human rights issue in South Africa at present, allegedly being an apologist for apartheid doesn't help with the claims that your not a racist.

African countries are s holes but it's great to take someone from Norway
    A right wing Norwegian politician nominates Trump for the Noble Peace Prize, but Nelson Mandela who ended racial apartheid & brought in democracy is no leader in Trump's eyes.

Trump's history with his father is starting to look crystal clear. Time to pack your bags and leave the White House, your unfit to be President.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m really concerned about the debates. There is going to be so much focus on Biden and his ability to answer questions on the spot. Trump can be his usual dementia addled self and no one will bat and eye. The Republican/Fox News strategy basically hinges on Biden’s performance. You can guarantee that Trump is going to do everything in his power to fluster and trip him up.
    Biden has been doing this for decades, more so than Trump has.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Former Kremlin advisor Michael Caputo interfered with CDC reports on Covid-19

since Michael Caputo, a former Trump campaign official with no medical or scientific background, was installed in April as the health department's new spokesperson, there have been substantial efforts to align the reports with Trump's statements, including the president's claims that fears about the outbreak are overstated, or stop the reports altogether.

Caputo and his team have attempted to add caveats to the CDC's findings, including an effort to retroactively change agency reports that they said wrongly inflated the risks of Covid-19 and should have made clear that Americans sickened by the virus may have been infected because of their own behavior, according to the individuals familiar with the situation and emails reviewed by POLITICO.

Caputo's team also has tried to halt the release of some CDC reports, including delaying a report that addressed how doctors were prescribing hydroxychloroquine, the malaria drug favored by Trump as a coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence. The report, which was held for about a month after Caputo’s team raised questions about its authors’ political leanings, was finally published last week. It said that "the potential benefits of these drugs do not outweigh their risks."
    It's murder.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Biden has been doing this for decades, more so than Trump has.
    Biden will be fine. He's older, but he's still the 'noun, verb, 9/11 guy'. There were a lot of rosebros on twitter salivating over him being 'dementia-addled' in his debates with Bernie, which didn't happen, and now they're of Trumpists are already trying to argue that Biden was OBVIOUSLY on drugs to 'improve his performance'.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

As Wildfires Rage, Portland’s Air Quality Is Currently The Worst In The World

Seattle, San Francisco and Vancouver, British Columbia, also have some of the world’s worst air pollution because of the deadly wildfires ravaging the West Coast.

Fauci ‘Depressed’ About COVID-19 Cases, Says U.S. Is Still In The First Wave

“It’s Whac-A-Mole,” the infectious disease expert said when describing how coronavirus cases in the U.S. have gone down, only to consistently shoot back up. Here's one cause....

College Students Test Positive For Coronavirus, Throw Party Anyway

Police cited six men who attended a house party near Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, for violating mass gathering and quarantine rules. Idiots like them need to be thrown in jail. PERIOD!

Trump’s Administration Secretly Took Millions From FDNY’s 9/11 Health Program

A New York Daily News investigation found nearly $4 million has been taken from the congressionally approved fund.

Democrats Worried That Beating Trump In November May Not Be Enough

They’re haunted by his 2016 win, skeptical of polls and fearful that he’ll challenge the results even if he loses by several percentage points.

Apparent 33% Pay Cut For Campaign Manager Hints At Money Trouble For Trump

Bill Stepien appears to have taken a $5,000 a month pay cut when he took over the top job, just weeks before Biden outraised Trump by $154 million.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-12-2020 at 02:15 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    So this is bad.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/m...-out-unopposed

I suspect WBE is already reaching for the booze. Not that an R+27 district wasn't sending her *anyway*.
    Her profile will be up within the week.

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Her profile will be up within the week.

Better get that liver checked out, homeslice!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

On this date in 2014, CSGOPOTD looked at Trey Radel, also known as “The Cocaine Congressman”, because he was busted in his home district in Florida with said Bolivian Marching Powder. As if earning that nickname weren’t enough, we also noted that Trey Radel was a big proponent of drug testing welfare recipients, because those mooches drawing government paychecks were totally spending it on drugs (meanwhile, he had a six-figure Congressional salary and was spending it on drugs). He resigned in disgrace, and has avoided politics since that resignation.

In 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" featured a profile of the U.S. House Representative from Virginia’s 7th District, Dave Brat, the man who upset House Minority Whip Eric Cantor in the 2014 GOP Primary for his seat, sending the incumbent packing and setting a record for toppling the highest ranking incumbent Congressman out of office in the history of the United States. Which is kind of scary, considering Brat is a Christian Reconstructionalist who cites 16th Century theologian John Calvin as an influence on his opinions of capitalism, he campaigned with ALIPAC, an anti-immigrant hate group, denies climate change and says there are scientists who say we’re undergoing “global cooling”, he disputes the separation of church and state, and claims that ISIS has already set up bases in the United States in Texas. Brat has also argued against the DREAM Act or any immigration reform, believing it would lead to “the decline of Western civilization”, and suggested that the Republicans should engineer another Government Shutdown if Planned Parenthood is not defunded. Brat called into conservative radio talk show host Sandy Rios’ show in January 2016, to rant about how President Obama made light of the GOP’s efforts to sabotage plans to provide refuge for Syrian refugees who were primarily orphans and widows, rambling in impotent rage at the implication he was cowardly and ignoring the parts of the Bible about aiding those in need from other nations.In August of 2016, Brat went back on Rios’ show to say that even criticizing policies that solely benefit billionaires, even the mere talk of opposing those policies “undermines American values”. But Sandy Rios isn’t the only loon in conservative media who Dave Brat likes to hang out with. He also spends time with Alex Jones over at InfoWars, appearing on an episode back in June of 2016 and agreeing with Jones’ bald-faced lie that the Muslim mayor of London was instituting Sharia Law, and that President Obama and liberals had “allied with Islam”. Rep. Brat also praised the United Kingdon’s “Brexit” vote to leave the European Union, saying the now could “go back to restoring their culture” and restore “Judeo-Christian tradition”, which sounds a tad like white nationalism (because it was). In an interview with NBC News’ Katy Tur back in March of 2017, where during a discussion on Donald Trump’s claims that “President Obama did wire tapps on Trump Tower”, he began trying to first claim people should wait for evidence to be presented (he was corrected that James Comey said there was zero evidence), then tried claiming the White House had walked back those remarks, and then, when Tur started correcting him, he went completely insane and started volunteering conspiracy theories about the Clinton Foundation on the fly, because saying bad things about Hillary Clinton is the only reflexive response Republicans can fall back on when under pressure. A few months later, Brat went on CNN, and when asked about how Donald Trump started attacking his own Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, Congressman Brat had an interesting take on why that was happening… he said it was the media’s fault. THEY MADE TRUMP DO IT. Dave Brat was not looking forward to meeting angry constituents as the new session of Congress began in January of 2017, complaining about “women are in my grill no matter where I go” to constituents who were friendlier to him.He eventually did host a one hour town hall the next month where he was mocked and jeered by those in attendance as he talked about repealing the Affordable Care Act, which would leave tens of millions of people without health insurance, partially because he only took questions submitted via note cards so his aides could pre-screen them and refused to let anyone in the audience ask them themselves. Still, he didn’t like the jeering and booing, so he hosted his next town hall with those same restrictions… at a church. And this time, they would pre-screen attendees by issuing tickets to attendees online. Dave Brat was booted from office in the 2018 Blue Wave by former CIA officer Abigail Spanberger even after Brat pulled out every dirty trick in politics you can think of, from posting fake campaign sides misrepresenting her stances on the issues, and trying to get dirt by having her CIA personnel file acquired by a conservative PAC and released to the public (in included her social security number and medical history). While this might not seem like a big deal to a lot folks… this is in a Virginia district that is home to many members of the American intelligence community, and they didn’t take confidential information being politicized by idiots lightly. We hope he never darkens the door of any legislature or university again. As such, we will set aside his profile at this time, and take a look at another wacky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 913-45, since this was established in July 2014.

Sharon Barry Newby
    Welcome to what is the 913th original profile here at “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day”, where we’ll be discussing Sharon Barry Newby, a piano and organ saleswoman who was one of several absolute kooks who entered the GOP Primary for Florida’s 13th Congressional District in 2020. We don’t even know where to begin with Newby, wasn’t as much of a candidate as she was a flagrantly bigoted troll focused on spreading deranged conspiracy theories.

Among the insanity, she posted about:

On August 7th, 2020, Sharon Newby dropped out of the race and endorsed the eventual winner of the 2020 Primary for Florida’s 13th Congressional District, Anna Paulina Luna, who is also endorsed by… Matt Gaetz. We’re fine that it’s not Sharon Newby in the general election, but cross your fingers and hope Democratic Congressman Charlie Crist wins another term, because there’s just one of many bad options from Team Red still on the table in this district.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's a district in which Republicans typically win by about 50 points. I doubt that he would have been able to get anywhere near spitting distance to her.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    It's a district in which Republicans typically win by about 50 points. I doubt that he would have been able to get anywhere near spitting distance to her.
    YEah, like I said, it's unlikely she wasn't getting elected anyway, but not having anyone running is bad.

Not likely to happen, and I'm not sure it can, but I wonder what would happen if everyone on Twitter somehow Blocked Trump. All who follow him, unfollow. Basically blackout his Twitter activity.

Would be even better if/when Trump loses to Biden, Twitter shuts down his Twitter account.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    I'm old enough to remember when just saying outrageous things about rape victims was enough to make you lose an election in a safe Republican district.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Not likely to happen, and I'm not sure it can, but I wonder what would happen if everyone on Twitter somehow Blocked Trump. All who follow him, unfollow. Basically blackout his Twitter activity.

Would be even better if/when Trump loses to Biden, Twitter shuts down his Twitter account.
    The more I think about it, the more I think Twitter should ban Trump and shut down his account as soon as he loses the election. Can they? Would they? I have no idea.

The more I think about it, the more I think Twitter should ban Trump and shut down his account as soon as he loses the election. Can they? Would they? I have no idea.
    My gut tells me Trump will deal with the loss as we'd expect... he's going to start calling for "protests" in ways that are stochastic terrorism calls. It will build until Twitter blocks a post or two at first, and then they're just going to ban his account entirely by the time we even get to February of 2020.

Only if someone with authority is willing to pursue prosecution.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens to these people if the Democrats manage to gain majorities and the Presidency.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe