Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    In related news from Newsweek:

Ron DeSantis' Campaign Is Imploding

Note: Newsweek chooses to deadname a famous trans republican in the article.
    I thought deadnaming is calling a person by their former name. Identifying an individual's current name, and then stating the name they were known by when they came to public attention, falls in a different category.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Might not be mockingly - swear to god the first I heard about it myself was last night in this thread. Although I've taken to only watching the news once or twice a week for mental health (not counting weather), so I may be atypical in this.
    If well-informed people aren't aware of it, the story is hardly overexposed.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 07-03-2023 at 11:33 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Biden and Dr. Biden's recent past racist comments and now their refusal to accept a grandchild for whatever their reasons just highlights their character. Who knows who they behave when the world isn't watching their actions.
    I need a source for that that isn't some Right Wing crap site.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Meanwhile, here's a story that actually impacts more people than anything to do with Hunter Biden or his kid:

Park shuts down roller coaster after visitor spots cracked support beam shift out of place as coaster speeds past

The scariest part of this is apparently someone took a picture a week earlier that seemed to show the crack in the support after it had just formed, but before it spread. So this thing was pulling apart for a week, and who knows how long it was fully separated, before the park was forced to take action.

I don't know but why does that matter? What kind of a father wouldn't fight for their own child?
    I don't know, nobody knows what is really going on. And I don't think we have a right to know more about this child. I don't think anyone is defending Hunter Biden. But that is different that attacking Pres. Biden over this.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

What is amazing is this is not even involving the president. This is a matter between Hunter and the mother.

I am going to dip out I have a meeting to go to. But god I hope this matter can be dropped as a political issue.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I need a source for that that isn't some Right Wing crap site.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I really cant believe we have spent so much time on this Biden story. It is a nothingburger. We dont know the whole story about it. We dont know if the mom wants the Biden family in the childs life. We dont know if Hunter is the bad guy here. There is such an unknown here.

And we all know what Trump has done. Who care that he cheated on his wife. Yes we should care that he broke the law to pay it off. But bringing up all the stuff Trump did doesnt change Biden's situation that none of us no nothing about and shouldnt be commenting on one way or the other. THis is a family matter with the Bidens and have no bearing on his ability to be president. And we should not be giving a story so much weight and dragging it on when there is a child who is innocent in all of this.

And I think it is funny that Fox News and the GOP who got made at reporters and democrats going after Trump's adult children for really shady stuff because family should not be brought into politics are so ready to make this story with a LITTLE CHILD a huge story.

THis is just the most ridiculous debate on this board I have seen in a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't know, nobody knows what is really going on. And I don't think we have a right to know more about this child. I don't think anyone is defending Hunter Biden. But that is different that attacking Pres. Biden over this.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    What is amazing is this is not even involving the president. This is a matter between Hunter and the mother.

I am going to dip out I have a meeting to go to. But god I hope this matter can be dropped as a political issue.
    Until something official comes out with Joe disowning anyone, the only 'proof' of it is a gaff that's also been derided as him being senile and unfit to be president. So now it means that AND he's a heartless person who doesn't care about this little girl. And we know this matters more than partisan politics because no one else in politics today would be as cruel to children related to them.

DailyMail.com has obtained copies of the lawsuit, filed in 2000 by Mary and Fred Trump III, the children of Donald's deceased brother Fred Jr., for wrongful termination of medical benefits and coverage. After providing health insurance for decades, the Trump family 'unilaterally' canceled it 'maliciously and without excuse or justification', the suit claims.

In the legal papers Donald, his brother Robert and their sister Maryanne laid out their reasons for refusing to pay for the healthcare of their disabled infant nephew William - Fred Trump III's son.

The Trumps argued that siblings Mary and Fred Trump III had already received millions of dollars from them and should be thanking them for their generosity.

Rather than suing them a 'thank-you would be extremely appreciated', they wrote in their response to the suit.

The Trumps even claimed that baby William didn't actually need 24/7 care - which they dismissed as 'expensive baby sitting' - despite his frequent seizures.

Instead of hiring a nurse, Fred III should take a CPR course from the American Red Cross in case William has another cardiac arrest and resuscitate the boy himself, according to the Trumps.

In a scathing passage Mary claimed: 'For the defendants to threaten the health of a 10 month old infant in order to try and force a settlement and thereby cover up their own duplicitous conduct is obscene.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I thought deadnaming is calling a person by their former name. Identifying an individual's current name, and then stating the name they were known by when they came to public attention, falls in a different category.
    Whoever told you that was wrong.

There’s never a reason to publish someone’s deadname in a story.
    Trans Journalists Association Style Guide

Supposedly, Hunter blocked that little girl from having Biden as her last name. I don't get why he wants to erase his own child.
    Are we sure that this isn't by the request of the mother or daughter?

Making a LOT of assumptions about a situation we don't know.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Link to CNN article on Hunter Bidens efforts to deny paternity, deny child support, deny daughter taking his last name. Last sentence also notes Joe and Jill remain "estranged' from their 4 year old granddaughter. Biden family values.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Link to CNN article on Hunter Bidens efforts to deny paternity, deny child support, deny daughter taking his last name. Last sentence also notes Joe and Jill remain "estranged' from their 4 year old granddaughter. Biden family values.
    ...are still better than Republican family values, which are non existent.

On a scale of 1 to 10, this struggles to be a 1.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Meanwhile, here's a story that actually impacts more people than anything to do with Hunter Biden or his kid:

Park shuts down roller coaster after visitor spots cracked support beam shift out of place as coaster speeds past

The scariest part of this is apparently someone took a picture a week earlier that seemed to show the crack in the support after it had just formed, but before it spread. So this thing was pulling apart for a week, and who knows how long it was fully separated, before the park was forced to take action.
    I saw the video on that story this morning. Sweet Jesus! People could’ve been killed if that support had completely failed. All the more reason I will NEVER ride a roller coaster! Not EVER!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I saw the video on that story this morning. Sweet Jesus! People could’ve been killed if that support had completely failed. All the more reason I will NEVER ride a roller coaster! Not EVER!

This happened in Sweden a few days ago:
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...en-2023-06-25/

"One killed, nine injured in roller coaster crash in Sweden"

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    This happened in Sweden a few days ago:
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...en-2023-06-25/

"One killed, nine injured in roller coaster crash in Sweden"
    That's terrible. And such freaky timing that these two events should happen so close together.

That's terrible. And such freaky timing that these two events should happen so close together.
    Exactly what I thought when I read yours