Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Putin has to love what is going on in Israel right now. I have not heard one wit of news about what is going on in the Ukraine since this happened. It is quickly becoming the forgotten war it seems.
    Not just that- it seems support for Ukraine is really starting to wane. I heard that Erdogan was saying they he may use his veto power to stop any further aid, or something to that effect. And Poland is pulling back on aid as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I’ve been struggling to understand what the desired outcome was for Hamas. What was the expected result? They never had the resources or manpower to carry on a protracted conflict. Massacring innocents destroys any sympathy for their cause and they had to know Israel would retaliate by destroying Gaza.
    They could have been put up to it by their allies in Iran and Russia. Or maybe they're hoping to bait out a disproportionate response from Israel to drum up anti-Israeli sentiments, public support is on Israel's side right now but it they glass Gaza that might change.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I would say they are partially getting some "positive" (from their perspective) outcomes, as several neighboring countries that were getting closer to Israel, or at least more neutral, are again using anti Israel rhetoric. If more groups, like Hezbollah, or other countries decide to attack Israel - then that's also a Hamas objective, as the level of anger on both sides has definitely risen to boiling point levels.

The attack came at a time when Israel and Saudi Arabia were holding normalization negotiations that were infuriating to Hamas. Well, now Reuters is reporting that:

"Saudi Arabia has decided to put Israel normalization talks “on ice,” amid the ongoing Gaza war, Reuters reports, citing two anonymous sources familiar with Riyadh’s thinking.
    It's this exactly. Hamas doesn't want peace. They want a perpetual conflict that they believe will end with all Jews dead and an Islamic world government that follows their bastardized version of the Koran.

Hamas has released a video of the Israeli children they kidnapped and are holding hostage

https://twitter.com/HananyaNaftali/s...85538682765547

Jordan to Face Off Against Scott for Speakership Amid Republican Fight

A little-known Republican emerged on Friday to challenge Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio in the raucous party feud over selecting a new speaker, underscoring the divisions that have left the House leaderless and paralyzed for more than a week.

Representative Austin Scott of Georgia, a mainstream conservative and ally of the ousted former Speaker Kevin McCarthy, said he would seek the nomination. He effectively was putting himself forward as a protest candidate against Mr. Jordan, a hard-right Republican who is the chairman of the Judiciary Committee.

The surprise move promised to prolong the infighting that has raged among Republicans since a hard-right faction of Mr. Jordan’s supporters forced out Mr. McCarthy last week and then refused to back the party’s chosen successor, Representative Steve Scalise of Louisiana, for the post.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Forgive me if this question has already been asked, but where was Mossad or whoever’s in charge of Israeli intelligence in this fiasco? How did they drop the ball so horribly bad when Hamas surprised Israel with last week’s attack?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    But give them an out to where?

And why are you assuming that Israel will attack North Sinai or the region south of Wadi Gaza?

Egypt have continously stated they won't take any Palestinians - they just repeated that message again today.

It's clear, at this point, that Gaza will never be the same, that Israel will change the status quo and will only stop once Hamas is eliminated.
    Have they given a reason? I mean, they would be considered war refugees, are countries suddenly not required to take them? Imagine a EU country would say they won't take refugees from a neighbor country...

I’ve been struggling to understand what the desired outcome was for Hamas. What was the expected result? They never had the resources or manpower to carry on a protracted conflict. Massacring innocents destroys any sympathy for their cause and they had to know Israel would retaliate by destroying Gaza.
    Whatever it was, they said they reached their goals.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Putin has to love what is going on in Israel right now. I have not heard one wit of news about what is going on in the Ukraine since this happened. It is quickly becoming the forgotten war it seems.
    Oh, no doubt this was coordinated with him. Iran is one of his last buddies after all.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

An Alabama woman was imprisoned for ‘endangering’ her fetus. She gave birth in a jail shower

In March 2021, sheriffs in Etowah county, Alabama, arrested Ashley Caswell on accusations that she’d tested positive for methamphetamine while pregnant and was “endangering” her fetus.

Caswell, who was two months pregnant at the time, became one of a growing number of women imprisoned in the county in the name of protecting their “unborn children”.

But over the next seven months of incarceration for “chemical endangerment” in the Etowah county detention center (ECDC), Caswell was denied regular access to prenatal visits, even as officials were aware her pregnancy was high-risk due to her hypertension and abnormal pap smears, according to a lawsuit filed on Friday against the county and the sheriff’s department. She was also denied her prescribed psychiatric medication and slept on a thin mat on the concrete floor of the detention center for her entire pregnancy.
    In October, when her water broke and she pleaded to be taken to a hospital, her lawyer says, officials told her to “sleep it off” and “wait until Monday” to deliver – two days away.

During nearly 12 hours of labor, staff gave her only Tylenol for her pain, the suit says, allegedly telling her to “stop screaming”, to “deal with the pain” and that she was “not in full labor”. Caswell lost amniotic fluid and blood and was alone and standing up in a jail shower when she ultimately delivered her child, according to the complaint and her medical records. She nearly bled to death, her lawyers say.

After she was taken to a hospital, she was diagnosed with placental abruption, a condition in which the placenta separates from the wall of the uterus and the fetus is deprived of oxygen, meaning there was a risk of stillbirth. The baby survived, but Caswell was immediately separated from her newborn.

“Giving birth to my son without any medical help in the jail shower was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. My body was falling apart, and no one would listen to me. No one cared,” Caswell said in a statement. “I thought I’d lose my baby, my life, and never see my other kids again.”

The lawsuit, filed by the non-profit groups Pregnancy Justice and the Southern Poverty Law Center, is the first case to challenge the conditions for jailed pregnant women in Etowah county, which advocates say is ramping up its prosecutions. Data suggests the county is the national leader in arresting women under the guise of protecting their fetuses.

“The sheer level of callousness here and complete disregard for human suffering is part of a broader scheme to criminalize and incarcerate as many pregnant women as possible in a way that is unprecedented across the country,” said Emma Roth, senior staff attorney at Pregnancy Justice.

Caswell’s experience, advocates say, shines a light on the life-threatening mistreatment and neglect that pregnant women can face behind bars. And, they argue, it exposes the consequences of the “fetal personhood movement”, which seeks to legally define fertilized eggs, embryos and fetuses as people. The concept, enshrined in expanding anti-abortion laws, has led to increased surveillance and criminalization of pregnant people, with women punished for the outcomes of their pregnancies or other actions that police claim endangered their fetuses.

After Caswell delivered her baby alone and lost consciousness, staff still refused to render aid and instead took photos of her baby without her consent, her lawyers allege. When she returned to the jail from the hospital, staff denied her access to her prescribed breast pump and ibuprofen.

“Etowah county claims they prosecute women to protect their fetus, or what they refer to as the ‘unborn child’, from harm. This case shows they’re doing precisely the opposite,” said Roth, who said the abuses Caswell endured were tantamount to “torture”. “Once [women like Caswell are] in jail, they’re deprived of the most basic prenatal care and humane living conditions.”

Caswell, who has faced several chemical endangerment charges over the years, is now in state prison, serving a 15-year sentence. She was convicted of a “Class C” felony endangerment, which doesn’t require evidence that the fetus was harmed, but merely exposed to substances.
    There are no words...
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Have they given a reason? I mean, they would be considered war refugees, are countries suddenly not required to take them? Imagine a EU country would say they won't take refugees from a neighbor country...
    I don't believe they've given a reason, and they don't have to. Hamas is a wing of The Muslim Brotherhood, with which Egypt's ruler Sisi fought a war within the country. And they can't afford to house that many refugees. They are themselves a poor country.

Beyond which, NOBODY wants them. They've seen what they do to other countries, (ask Jordon or Lebanon).
    Last edited by achilles; 10-13-2023 at 02:13 PM.

Man...

You are talking like folks who are playing for keeps ever even stop to think what is in blue through the way that the rest of us would.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It's this exactly. Hamas doesn't want peace. They want a perpetual conflict that they believe will end with all Jews dead and an Islamic world government that follows their bastardized version of the Koran.
    To say the least...

These are folks who are playing for keeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Hamas has released a video of the Israeli children they kidnapped and are holding hostage

https://twitter.com/HananyaNaftali/s...85538682765547
    I’d hold off spreading anything you find on X. That platform is completely overrun with false information right now.

There are much more credible sources for information.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 10-13-2023 at 03:02 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

NBC News: 'Top secret' Hamas documents show that terrorists intentionally targeted elementary schools and a youth center

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/investi...lem-rcna120310

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    On the idea of completely eradicating Hamas ... you know, "Nazi" has been pretty much synonymous with Evil for all of living history, yet somehow there are still Nazis in 2023.
    It would be nice if Hamas were as marginalized as the Nazis.

There could be a handful of Hamas supporters in 70 years protesting outside tourist destinations in Europe and Canada, but that's different from their current domination of a population of nearly 5,000,000 people.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 10-13-2023 at 03:40 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I’d hold off spreading anything you find on X. That platform is completely overrun with false information right now.

There are much more credible sources for information.
    Which seem to all but confirm this...

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-768203

Hamas posts footage of terrorists holding kidnapped Israeli children