Now for the spillover

6-Year-Old Boy Fatally Stabbed in Anti-Muslim Attack, Police Say

A man who targeted a 6-year-old boy and his mother for being Muslims brutally attacked them with a military-style knife, killing the boy and wounding the mother at a residence outside Chicago on Saturday, the authorities said.

The boy, who was stabbed 26 times with a serrated knife with a seven-inch blade, was pronounced dead at a hospital, according to the Will County Sheriff’s Office in Joliet, Ill.

The boy’s mother, 32, was in serious condition with more than a dozen stab wounds, officials said. She was expected to survive. The authorities did not publicly identify the victims.
    “Detectives were able to determine that both victims in this brutal attack were targeted by the suspect due to them being Muslim and the ongoing Middle Eastern conflict involving Hamas and the Israelis,” the Sheriff’s Office said.
    The man accused in the attack, Joseph M. Czuba, 71, was the landlord of the home the family was renting, the Sheriff’s Office said. He has been charged with first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder, two counts of a hate crime and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon in what the Sheriff’s Office described as a “senseless and cowardly act of violence.”
    CAIR, citing text messages the boy’s mother sent to his father from the hospital that were shared with the advocacy group, said the landlord had been angry with what he was seeing on the news.

According to the text messages, the landlord knocked on the door, and when the mother opened it he tried to choke her and attacked her with a knife, yelling, “You Muslims must die!”

When she ran into the bathroom to call 911, the text messages say, she came out to find that he had stabbed her son.

“It all happened in seconds,” she texted, according to CAIR.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Jesus Christ. And you can bet this won’t be the only incident of anti-Muslim violence.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Jesus Christ. And you can bet this won’t be the only incident of anti-Muslim violence.
    Like Romney said today during his visit with Chuck Schumer to Israel: blame Hamas

Obviously a horrible situation in Chicago
    Last edited by hyped78; 10-15-2023 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Like Romney said today during his visit with Chuck Schumer to Israel: blame Hamas

People can't just blame Hamas to brush aside their bad behavior. Because I expect we'll be seeing a lot of people try that soon.
    Anyone capable of knifing a mother and child already wanted to do violence and was just looking for an excuse. Any excuse would probably have done just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post

I blame Hamas for a lot but not this specific incident. I blame bigotry and finding an excuse to let it out.
    Power with Girl is better.

So umm.....the trump campaign is basically financially bankrupt https://twitter.com/rpyers/status/1713696278927020160

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    So umm.....the trump campaign is basically financially bankrupt https://twitter.com/rpyers/status/1713696278927020160
    Other Republican Campaigns are also in bad financial straits.

Mounting debt threatens Mike Pence’s campaign
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Does he even need money at this point? Everyone who is planning to vote for him is going to vote for him next year. Even if he didn't campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Does he even need money at this point? Everyone who is planning to vote for him is going to vote for him next year. Even if he didn't campaign.
    Sadly, yes. He's going to win the Republican primary without showing up for any of the debates. He's going to have a solid chance of winning the election and his press conferences outside the courtrooms, and the indictments and trials themselves, are all the publicity he needs to get all the Maga idiots to vote for him.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

In good news for Europe, Ukraine and minorities in Poland, the very Trumpian PiS party lost their majority in parliamentary elections in Poland yesterday. They have the most votes, but no path to a coalition.

CNN - The ‘Gaza metro’: The mysterious subterranean tunnel network used by Hamas

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/15/m...ntl/index.html
    Last edited by hyped78; 10-16-2023 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    In good news for Europe, Ukraine and minorities in Poland, the very Trumpian PiS party lost their majority in parliamentary elections in Poland yesterday. They have the most votes, but no path to a coalition.
    That would be great news, but where are you watching? My news tells me that only a third of votes has been counted so far. The results of exit poll look promising, but our exit poll gave me false hope just 2 weeks ago, so I would take them with a giant heap of salt until official results are in.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Check the guy's mugshot; real "serial killers of America" vibes there. It's his eyes, I think. Six years old...geeze.
    Last edited by achilles; 10-16-2023 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    That would be great news, but where are you watching? My news tells me that only a third of votes has been counted so far. The results of exit poll look promising, but our exit poll gave me false hope just 2 weeks ago, so I would take them with a giant heap of salt until official results are in.
    Most of the votes counted so far are from rural areas and small towns - PiS strongholds. An Ipsos poll released this morning, taking already counted votes into consideration, reaffirmed yesterday's exit poll.

Obviously room for error but it seems like PiS won't have a path to power.