So I guess there is hope for everyone. At least I am praying that. My aunt has not talked politics for the last week or so. She has been pretty quiet on the subject. But this afternoon she went on a rant about 3 stories Fox News did that she knows are fake. She then added she hasnt watched Tucker in about 2 weeks because he has just gone off the rails! And Laura has lost her damn kind! She then went on a rant about the Anti Vax nuts not telling the truth about Powel and his Cancer and how that was a huge factor and it was not just covid. (Now to be fair to my aunt she has always been pro vaccine just not pro masks? I dont know either.) And I havnt heard her little QOP nut job friends in the background as she does her group chats but she has not talked to them in over a week because in her words "I find them a bit much."

Now she is not going hardcore Dem. But she very much is starting to question a lot of things. At least she has been today. We even had a reasonable political talk where we did not yell back and forth.

She also still loves Trump but did admit that his stolen election claims just dont hold water when you look into them.

She even lost it on the "Both Sides." Crap in Texas

It is a small thing but at this point I will take Baby steps.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    They do take all necessary precautions their particular means allow. Why alledge they aren’t?
    We’re all aware that being vaccinated doesn’t necessarily prevent all people from infection. It does lessen the viral load once infected and lessens the severity of the symptoms which means less coughing and sneezing, both of which mean less likelihood of transmission in public spaces. The lessening of symptoms also means less people in the hospital which, coincidentally is where many at risk people with severe diseases spend a lot of their time. Children with cancer for instance.
    But yeah, the people we need to sympathize with are the idiots who believe Nicky Minage’s cousins friend.
    Because it is about sympathy? patented nonsense. To each according to their risk, I didn't and don't expect low mortality young adults to think of me when rates were high and I stayed home, wore a mask and waited for a vaccine. That is simply self reliant reality. Just as It doesn't matter to me if someone someone doesn't wear their mask properly or at all. Some don't have the layers of protection and that too is a reality, like the under 12 and the immune suppressed or the high risk. I don't allege that they aren't taking precautions when you turn and around a lay out a bunch of scenarios were people are getting infected because they are in high risk. All I am saying is that those at risk are and will be at risk until they have a change in their personal factors not society's.

What I don't agree with you here on is that Covid will slowly fade away so those high risk people when be better off if people just comply. People sick with Covid, be they vaccinated or not, eventually get better and more immune and transmission goes down. what you are basically saying is that sick people get sick from other sick people which happens in hospitals all the time. So? Why qualify people as deserving treatment or not? It all amounts to scolding just the way one might ask a pneumonia patient if they wore a hat on a cold day. So what we have really exposed is the moralist society of do as you have been told and life will be better. To you that might seem like just a civil thing to do but I think people are also entitled to see that as a recipe or blueprint for a society that they don't want to live in supplanting the rugged individualism of our tradition for a interdependent and reliant hive.
    Last edited by Xheight; 10-19-2021 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    California now only state to improve to 'moderate' level of COVID transmission, CDC says

California, which has some of the strictest mask and vaccination mandates in the country, has improved to a "moderate" rate of transmission for COVID-19, the only one of the 50 states to drop to that level, according to the latest CDC data.

Is it possible that the mask and vaccine mandates work? Hmmm. If only someone had been telling us this from the beginning.
    *cough* so why did it explode again with Delta? Correlation does not causation make.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    *cough* so why did it explode again with Delta? Correlation does not causation make.
    It 'exploded" last winter, just when people started getting vaccinated, since then it has some of the fewest cases per capita in the country. As opposed to Florida and Texas, where their anti vax and anti mask mandates cause the most cases since the pandemic began.

You right wingers should really check facts before you spout off. But the Right and facts don't get along.

so "cough" yourself.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Now she is not going hardcore Dem. But she very much is starting to question a lot of things. At least she has been today. We even had a reasonable political talk where we did not yell back and forth.

She also still loves Trump but did admit that his stolen election claims just dont hold water when you look into them.
    Emergency mail in ballots = stolen election.

Your credibility is so far in the negative that it can no longer be represented by a number.
    Dark does not mean deep.

So I guess there is hope for everyone. At least I am praying that. My aunt has not talked politics for the last week or so. She has been pretty quiet on the subject. But this afternoon she went on a rant about 3 stories Fox News did that she knows are fake. She then added she hasnt watched Tucker in about 2 weeks because he has just gone off the rails! And Laura has lost her damn kind! She then went on a rant about the Anti Vax nuts not telling the truth about Powel and his Cancer and how that was a huge factor and it was not just covid. (Now to be fair to my aunt she has always been pro vaccine just not pro masks? I dont know either.) And I havnt heard her little QOP nut job friends in the background as she does her group chats but she has not talked to them in over a week because in her words "I find them a bit much."

She even lost it on the "Both Sides." Crap in Texas

It is a small thing but at this point I will take Baby steps.
    Glad to hear that your aunt is climbing back to some semblance of sanity.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Glad to hear that your aunt is climbing back to some semblance of sanity.
    Thank you. Dont know if it will last but I hope it does. I wondered why she has been so quiet the last week or so.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Weren’t the people enabled to vote by that legislation, citizens with every right to do so? (I assume so…since I believe even the Donald’s legal team would be competent enough to actually show evidence that a lot of non citizens voted IF that was true.)

So why “stolen”?

Have you have got to state where you want to disenfranchise your fellow citizens because they don’t vote the way you prefer??
    Last edited by JackDaw; 10-19-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Weren’t the people enabled to vote by that legislation, citizens with every right to do so? (I assume so…since I believe even the Donald’s legal team would be competent enough to actually show evidence that a lot of non citizens voted IF that was true.)

So why “stolen”?

Have you have got to state where you want to disenfranchise your fellow citizens because they don’t vote the way you prefer??
    Because their preferred candidate didn't win. As to the second question, the answer is 'yes', although it will be couched in weasel words to conceal that fact.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

How, exactly?

Do you even comprehend the logistics that would be required for such massive voter fraud?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Do you have proof of that?

Thank you. Dont know if it will last but I hope it does. I wondered why she has been so quiet the last week or so.
    Perhaps she's starting to see the light and is coming around to the fact she's been fed bullshit by Faux News.

Pardon me, if this question has been asked before, but what does your aunt see in Trump? Given his disdain for the "little people", he would so much as piss on your aunt if she were on fire, so why all the devotion on her end?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Do you have proof of that?

Perhaps she's starting to see the light and is coming around to the fact she's been fed bullshit by Faux News.

Pardon me, if this question has been asked before, but what does your aunt see in Trump? Given his disdain for the "little people", he would so much as piss on your aunt if she were on fire, so why all the devotion on her end?
    To be honest I cant get a really clear answer on why she loves Trump so much. I know she hates Biden. And she has just been a Republican so long and Trump came in and pushed all the GOP buttons and she loved it. I cant explain it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

To be honest I cant get a really clear answer on why she loves Trump so much. I know she hates Biden. And she has just been a Republican so long and Trump came in and pushed all the GOP buttons and she loved it. I cant explain it.
    I've been of the belief people love Trump because he gave people free rein to be their absolute worst selves. He made it permissible, if not fashionable to be racist, homophobic and xenophobic, to hate everyone that isn't white, straight, gun loving and Christian. Your aunt isn't like those knuckledraggers, is she?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Back months ago during Trump's push to try and create a way to not accept losing and spin a lie for it ; John Oliver destroyed the Mail in Ballots voter fraud deal. I mean he trashed it so well its why Trump supporters have no real answer. Oliver put over the lengths someone would have to do to do 1 stolen ballot let alone thousands across every state Trump lost. Lets just say it couldn't happen , not with the lengths needed to make work for that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.