Page 269 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1692192592652662672682692702712722732793193697691269 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 75153
    Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If a VP candidate is competent, capable, knowledgeable and emphatic, then yeah, that would excited me. Choosing candidates for the highest office in the land and his immediate subordinate shouldn't be reduced to a crass and moronic reality show concept.
    That is not the case for some presidents. The reason that unpopular presidents would survive until the end of their term is that the Vice-presidents are even more unpopular than them. Nixon had Spiro Agnew. Reagan had Bush. Bush had Cheney. Trump had Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Do any of the potential VP candidates make you feel 'Excited'? I'm not sure, and I saw it mentioned in an opinion piece. So I thought I'd ask.
    Personally...

I don't think any of the folks I've heard mentioned should be holding an office higher than the "State" level(Obviously, some folks have mentioned Warren. Until that feels serious, I tend to doubt that she is actually being considered...) Never mind that I personally don't like the idea of moving prosecutors up the chain. So, no. Anything but excited, and Harris would make me even more skeptical of the Biden ticket than I would be otherwise. I'd be voting for the ticket based solely on that Biden has got it right on a handful of occasions.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 06-15-2020 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You go, girl!

I remember reading how Trump cut off medical insurance to his nephew when he was an infant. Why hasn't that made more news?
    It did get covered a bit. I'm sure the writer is going to mention the cruel things her uncle did to her brother's child born with cerebral palsy.

https://www.mediaite.com/print/mary-...-trumps-taxes/
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 06-15-2020 at 04:45 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by FarmBoy View Post
    I also recall Clinton being in Court, with no media coverage.
    Such as? Hell, he was forced to testify in a civil court, when Agent Orange can't be held accountable in a criminal court, for some reason.

Astonishing Member

According to the trump administration, people aren't going back to work because they are making too much on unemployment benefits, not becaue businesses have shuttered during a pandemic. trump administration ends $600/week unemployment benefits because 'it's a disincentive to work'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Huh? What "Court"? When? Where?
    It's just more crap about emails. It's an election year, gotta get emails back in the news cycle.

Such as? Hell, he was forced to testify in a civil court, when Agent Orange can't be held accountable in a criminal court, for some reason.
    Don't expect a rational answer. The same poster said this:

I really don't think President's Trump is ever appreciated. He is a business man, who surrounds him with experience. As large & complicated as our nation has gotten, our leadership must hear other ideas.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

All this discussion about the Civil War, makes me wonder where Firefly's gonna be in a few years.

I mean, yeah, it wasn't about North vs South, but it does take all its symbolism and background from the Civil War, and paints a sympathetic picture for it's 'South' side.
    Probably in the same place as The Dukes of Hazzard.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    According to the trump administration, people aren't going back to work because they are making too much on unemployment benefits, not becaue businesses have shuttered during a pandemic. trump administration ends $600/week unemployment benefits because 'it's a disincentive to work'.
    Well, who was responsible for the pandemic having gotten out of control to the point businesses had to be shuttered? Hmm, I do believe the villain of that piece was one Donald John Trump. This is more about the administration looking for ways to screw over the little guy while refusing to divulge where billions in relief money destined for small businesses had gone.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

So within the next few months:

• A tell-all book will be published that is written by Trump's niece about all the family drama regarding Trump's early business days, fighting with his brother over his father's will, and other anecdotes to point out he's terrible to his own family.
    • A tell-all book will be published by John Bolton that is to reveal many of the illegal schemes and scams concocted by Trump's State Department, and Trump's incompetence on foreign policy.
    • The Senate intelligence committee's findings into the Trump 2016 campaign soliciting help from the Russians in his election are going to drip, drip, drip into the public consciousness.
    • Tens of thousands of people, if not in excess of another hundred thousand are going to continue dying of Covid-19, predominantly in rural areas now that supported Trump in 2016.
    • Unemployment is going to remain in double digits, potentially getting worse as businesses go bankrupt due to the pandemic, and jobs at public venues don't reopen.
    • The Trump administration moves to remove unemployment benefits to keep those people with enough money to survive.
    • Those very disgruntled people continue to go out to protest in the streets as police, embolden by Trump's support, continue to brutalize and/or kill the public brazenly and on camera. So much so that police have begun resigning rather than continue to do inhuman s***.
    • Trump's determined to return to fanatical rallies that are going to be breeding pits for Covid-19 infections, with the campaign fully aware of that, as they're making attendees sign a waiver to assure they can't sue them.

I mean, there are going to be other things that come up, but this is the forecast of events to come in the next four and a half months. At this point, Biden only needs to make occasional appearances, keep sounding only remotely presidential, pick a VP that isn't out of their mind, and not get caught by Qanon in one of the Pizzagate dungeons that don't exist.

The question now isn't whether the GOP lose the Senate... it's by how much.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, who was responsible for the pandemic having gotten out of control to the point businesses had to be shuttered? Hmm, I do believe the villain of that piece was one Donald John Trump. This is more about the administration looking for ways to screw over the little guy while refusing to divulge where billions in relief money destined for small businesses had gone.

Supreme Court says gay, transgender workers are protected by federal law forbidding discrimination on the basis of sex

The Supreme Court ruled Monday that federal anti-discrimination laws protect gay and transgender employees, a major gay rights ruling written by one of the court’s most conservative justices.

Justice Neil M. Gorsuch and Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. joined the court’s liberals in the 6 to 3 ruling. They said Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination “because of sex,” includes LGBTQ employees.

“Today, we must decide whether an employer can fire someone simply for being homosexual or transgender. The answer is clear,” Gorsuch wrote. “An employer who fires an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it would not have questioned in members of a different sex. Sex plays a necessary and undisguisable role in the decision, exactly what Title VII forbids.”
    Some good news for a change.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    So within the next few months:

• A tell-all book will be published that is written by Trump's niece about all the family drama regarding Trump's early business days, fighting with his brother over his father's will, and other anecdotes to point out he's terrible to his own family.
    • A tell-all book will be published by John Bolton that is to reveal many of the illegal schemes and scams concocted by Trump's State Department, and Trump's incompetence on foreign policy.
    • The Senate intelligence committee's findings into the Trump 2016 campaign soliciting help from the Russians in his election are going to drip, drip, drip into the public consciousness.
    • Tens of thousands of people, if not in excess of another hundred thousand are going to continue dying of Covid-19, predominantly in rural areas now that supported Trump in 2016.
    • Unemployment is going to remain in double digits, potentially getting worse as businesses go bankrupt due to the pandemic, and jobs at public venues don't reopen.
    • The Trump administration moves to remove unemployment benefits to keep those people with enough money to survive.
    • Those very disgruntled people continue to go out to protest in the streets as police, embolden by Trump's support, continue to brutalize and/or kill the public brazenly and on camera. So much so that police have begun resigning rather than continue to do inhuman s***.
    • Trump's determined to return to fanatical rallies that are going to be breeding pits for Covid-19 infections, with the campaign fully aware of that, as they're making attendees sign a waiver to assure they can't sue them.

I mean, there are going to be other things that come up, but this is the forecast of events to come in the next four and a half months. At this point, Biden only needs to make occasional appearances, keep sounding only remotely presidential, pick a VP that isn't out of their mind, and not get caught by Qanon in one of the Pizzagate dungeons that don't exist.

The question now isn't whether the GOP lose the Senate... it's by how much.
    Fingers crossed, but that won't be here until its here.

I think the biggest question is how much damage the GOP inflicts before they lose power.

Astonishing Member

Trump administration can **** right off. They lose again

Fingers crossed, but that won't be here until its here.

I think the biggest question is how much damage the GOP inflicts before they lose power.
    That's where I'm at. Like, if they're convinced their jobs are f***ed anyway, the Senators who are desperate for re-election are going to stall any potential additional Covid-19 aid and leave people starving. They're screwed either way, so why help, and "let them starve" out of spite.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.